when is christmasa child is bom

A ray of hope flickers in the skyA tiny star lights up way up highAll across the land dawns a brand new mornThis comes to pass when a child is bornA silent wish sails the seven seasThe winds of change whisper in the treesAnd the walls of doubt crumble tossed and tornThis comes to pass when a child is bornA rosy hue settles all aroundYou've got the feel you're on solid groundFor a spell or two no-one seems forlornThis comes to pass when a child is bornAnd all of this happenedBecause the world is waitingWaiting for one childBlack, white, yellow, no one knowsBut a child that would grow up and turn tears to laughterHate to love, war to peaceAnd everyone to everyone's neighbourMisery and suffering would be forgotten foreverIt's all a dream and illusion nowIt must come true, sometimes soon somehowAll across the land dawns a brand new mornThis comes to pass when a child is born
When A Child Is Born Lyrics
When A Child Is Born
Songwriters: JACOBSON, FRED/ZACAR
When A Child Is Born lyrics & Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLCwhen a child is bom_百度知道
when a child is bom
翻译请帮我用中文翻译出全文/
在空中闪耀 一颗微星照亮了天上的路 横跨整个大地,是因为全世界都在等待 等待一个孩子,一个幻象 但未来很快就会实现 横跨整个大地,将泪水化为欢笑 将仇恨化成爱,永远被遗忘 那是一个梦想,是黑是白还是黄: 当孩子诞生时 一道希望之光,战争化为和平 使四海成一家悲痛与苦难将被遗忘,你站在坚硬的土地上 在这段期间,开展了一个崭新的黎明 这都是因为一个小孩的诞生 无声的愿望航过七海 转向的风在树梢呢喃 猜忌之墙崩塌倾圮 这全是因为一个小孩的诞生 到处都充满了红光 你感觉到了?没有人知道 但小孩会长大,似乎没有人孤单 这全是因为一个小孩的诞生 这些事情所以发生中文歌词
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
bom的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁CDDA试题分析:1.C 细节题。根据第一段第2句He may say he doesn't care, and even act in ways that are opposite of cool on purpose.说明C正确。2.D 细节题。根据第三段第2句The teacher can arrange things so that he has chances to use his abilities to contribute to class projects.说明D正确。3.D 细节题。根据倒数第二段Encourage him to invite friends to meals and then serve the dishes they consider "super". When you plan trips, picnics, movies, and other shows, invite another child with whom your child wants to be friends.说明鼓励孩子带着朋友来家里吃饭有利于孩子交到好朋友,故D正确。4.A 主旨大意题。文章讲述了在学校里的老师,在家里的父母都可以做很多的事情让自己的孩子更受欢迎。故A正确。考点:考查教育类短文阅读点评:文章讲述了在学校里的老师,在家里的父母都可以做很多的事情让自己的孩子更受欢迎。集中考查细节题,在解答这类问题时要求学生抓住题干文字信息,采用针对性方法进行阅读,因为这类题的答案在文章中可以直接找到。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:2013届江西省九江一中高三第一次月考英语试卷(带解析)
题型:阅读理解
Nowadays more and more people are trapped in too busy work to relax themselves. We have no time to tell a bed-time story to our children, or enjoy a nice dinner with our family, or take a break to think about how we live the precious life, or even meet friends. All we notice is that the distinctions that used to guide and steady us ------ between Sunday and Monday, public and private, here and there ------ are gone. We have more ways to communicate, but less and less to say. Partly because we’re so busy communicating. Maybe that’s why more and more people I know, even if they have no religious commitment, seem to be turning to yoga, or meditation, or tai chi. Some friends of mine try to go on long walks every Sunday, or to “forget” their cellphones at home. A series of tests in recent years has shown that after spending time in quiet rural settings, subjects “exhibit greater attentiveness, stronger memory and generally improved cognition. Their brains become both calmer and sharper.” More than that, empathy, as well as deep thought, depends on neural processes that are “inherently slow. ” The very ones our high-speed lives have little time for. In my own case, I turn to eccentric and often extreme measures to try to keep my sanity and ensure that I have time to do nothing at all. I’ve not yet used a cellphone and I’ve never Tweeted or entered Facebook. I try not to go online till my day’s writing is finished, and I moved from Manhattan to rural Japan.
None of this is a matter of principle or asceticism (苦行主义): it’s just pure selfishness. Nothing makes me feel better-----calmer, clearer and happier----than being in one place, absorbed in a book, a conversation, a piece of music. It’s actually something deeper than mere happiness: it’s joy, which the monk David Steindl-Rast describes as “that kind of happiness that doesn’t depend on what happens.” That is the highest of the highest we have been longing for----The Joy of Quiet.【小题1】The writer sometimes doesn’t do anything because ________.A.he is out of work .B.whatever he does make no senseC.he is worried about his writing.D.he can enjoy himself in his leisure time.【小题2】When the writer uses the word “forget” , his real meaning is _______.A.Somebody really forgets his cellphone at home.B.Somebody thinks cellphone is not a suitable means of communication.C.Somebody hates modern techniques such as the cellphone.D.Somebody leaves his cellphone at home on purpose.【小题3】Which of the following is right?A.It is better to go back to the ancient times since we are so busy now.B.The writer is unwilling to help others since he is selfish.C.Slowing down to find time and space to think and enjoy oneself is urgent.D.We have more to say because we have more ways to communicate.【小题4】What does the underlined word mean?A.differenceB.samenessC.simplicityD.complication【小题5】What is the main idea of the article?A.The importance of spending time in quiet.B.We can do some sports such as yoga to relax.C.Principle or asceticism is important in one’s life.D.The more we communicate, the more we will be closer.
来源:2013届江西省南昌十九中高三第四次(12月)月考英语试卷(带解析)
Nowadays more and more people are trapped in too busy work to relax themselves. We have no time to tell a bed-time story to our children, or enjoy a nice dinner with our family, or take a break to think about how we live the precious life, or even meet friends. All we notice is that the distinctions that used to guide and steady us ------ between Sunday and Monday, public and private, here and there ------ are gone. We have more ways to communicate, but less and less to say. Partly because we’re so busy communicating. Maybe that’s why more and more people I know, even if they have no religious commitment, seem to be turning to yoga, or meditation, or tai chi. Some friends of mine try to go on long walks every Sunday, or to “forget” their cell phones at home. A series of tests in recent years has shown that after spending time in quiet rural settings, subjects “exhibit greater attentiveness, stronger memory and generally improved cognition. Their brains become both calmer and sharper.” More than that, empathy, as well as deep thought, depends on neural processes that are “inherently slow. ” The very ones our high-speed lives have little time for. In my own case, I turn to eccentric and often extreme measures to try to keep my sanity and ensure that I have time to do nothing at all. I’ve not yet used a cell phone and I’ve never Tweeted or entered Face book. I try not to go online till my day’s writing is finished, and I moved from Manhattan to rural Japan.
None of this is a matter of principle or asceticism (苦行主义): it’s just pure selfishness. Nothing makes me feel better-----calmer, clearer and happier----than being in one place, absorbed in a book, a conversation, a piece of music. It’s actually something deeper than mere happiness: it’s joy, which the monk David Steindl-Rast describes as “that kind of happiness that doesn’t depend on what happens.” That is the highest of the highest we have been longing for----The Joy of Quiet.【小题1】The writer sometimes doesn’t do anything because ________.A.he is out of work .B.whatever he does make no sense C.he is worried about his writing.D.he can enjoy himself in his leisure time.【小题2】When the writer uses the word “forget” , his real meaning is _______.A.Somebody really forgets his cell phone at home.B.Somebody thinks cell phone is not a suitable means of communication.C.Somebody hates modern techniques such as the cell phone.D.Somebody leaves his cell phone at home on purpose.【小题3】Which of the following is right?A.It is better to go back to the ancient times since we are so busy now.B.The writer is unwilling to help others since he is selfish.C.Slowing down to find time and space to think and enjoy oneself is urgent.D.We have more to say because we have more ways to communicate.【小题4】What does the underlined word mean?A.differenceB.samenessC.simplicityD.complication【小题5】What is the main idea of the article?A.The importance of spending time in quiet.B.We can do some sports such as yoga to relax.C.Principle or asceticism is important in one’s life.D.The more we communicate, the more we will be closer.
来源:学年甘肃省高三9月月考英语试卷(解析版)
About 12,000 years ago- long before the
famous UFO crash make headlines in America—an alien spaceship crashed in China.
And their descendants are still living in a faraway Chinese village today! That
is the mind-bending claim made in the new book Out of Time and Place, a
collection of reports from the files of Fate, a magazine edited by Terry
O’Neil.
The story first came to light in 1937 when
an expedition led by Chi Pu-Tei came across a group of caves deep in the
Bayan-Kara-Ula Mountains. In the caves were found strange-looking skeletons
with big heads and small, slender bodies—closely matching typical descriptions
of space aliens. The explorers also uncovered 716 mysterious stone discs with
strange hieroglyphics(象形文字) on them.
In Qinghai Province, where the mountains
lie, ancient stories tell of small, skinny beings with oversize heads who came
from the sky long long ago. And to this day, locals live in fear of attack from
strange-looking creatures from above.
And there is more. In 1947, British
scientist Karyl Robin-Evans led an expedition into the mountains and discovered
a group of dwarfs(侏儒) who called themselves the Droza. “They told him that their ancestors
came from a planet in the Sirius(天狼星)system and crashed in this mountain area a long time ago,” writes
Hausdorf, “Many of them were killed, but survivors adapted to living on this
rough planet far from home.”
For decades, Robin-Evans’ claims were dismissed
as nonsense. But in 1995, the Associated Press reported that in the region a
village named Huilong had been discovered—populated by 120 dwarfs ranging from
3-foot-10 to 2-foot-1tall.Hausdorf asks, “Could these people be the last living
descendants of the survivors of the legendary UGO crash—the Chinese Roswell?”
1.Which of the following are the findings
of Chi Pu-Tei?
a. strange-looking
skeletons&&&&&&&&&& b. UFO
crash
c. stone
discs&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
d. dwarfs
e. strange
hieroglyphics&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
f. skinny beings
A.a, c, d
B.c, e, f
C.a, c, e
D.a, b, e
2.Paragraph 3 and 4 mainly _____.
A.introduce ancient stories in Qinghai Province
B.show evidence of the existence of aliens in Qinghai Province
C.express fears of attack from aliens
D.describe the spaceship crash in China
3.What can be safely concluded from the
passage?
A.This passage is a piece of science news recently issued.
B.Chinese are descendants to the survivors of the alien spaceship
C.The UFO crash in the Byan-Kara-Ula Mountains has recently been
D.Many people are curious about aliens from outer space
4.What is most likely to be discussed in
the paragraph that follows?
A.Recent research about the Chinese Roswell.
B.News stories about Roswell UFO Crash.
C.Chi Pu-Tei’s discovery in China.
D.Robin-Evans’ claims.
来源:河南省六市2010届高三下学期第一次联合考试英语试卷
第三部分阅读理解(共20小题:每小题2分.满分40分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、c和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
It’s wonderful when teenage dreams collie
true after a lot of hard work.Ban Ki—Moon,foreign minister of the Republic of Korea,knows this only too well.He dreamt of being a diplomat(外交官)from a young age and
now&the 63-year—old has become the world’s top diplomat.
On October 9,2006,UN Security Council appointed Ban to take the place of Secretary
General
Kofi Annan.Next January he will become the first Asian to
take the post in 35 years.
Bom into a pool&family in ROK,s Chungju,young Ban showed early talent
at languages.In his
Senior 1 year he wrote an English book to
help his classmates study.At 18 Ban WOn the first prize in& an English speaking
eompetidon.This
allowed him to travel to Washington and meet the former US President John F.Kennedy.“This was the moment when my
dream began,”said
Ban.
Ever since then Ban worked hard to keep his
dream alive.After
graduating from the top—ranking Seoul National University,he joined the foreign ministry
and became its most industrious(勤奋的)worker.In
2004 he became the top diplomat in the ROK.
Ban,s down—to—earth efforts also gave him the ability to get along with
everyone.After
being& a diplomat for 36 years,he made many friends but no enemies.
But critics think his gentleness might make
him ready to give in.They doubt whether he can take a strong stand on burning issue like
the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea’s(DPRK,朝鲜)nuclear programme.
As the DPRK ll/mounced a successful nuelefltr
test on October 9,2006,experts said the UN’s& new
boss would be challenged by his first tough task.But Ban,who played a leading role in past nuclear talks with the DPRK,seems to have his own ideas.
“I understand the power of Tai Chi(太极)well,”said Ban.He’s ready to travel to
Pyongyang
to talk its leaders into giving up nuclear
weapons.
“Ban has a typical oriental style,mild but determined”says Yoon
Young—Kwan former foreign minister& of& the ROK.“He may look soft from the
outside。but inside
he has strong views.’’
56.Ban Ki—Moon was allowed t0 meet former
US President John F.Kennedy because——.
A.he dreamt of being a
diplomat&&& B.his English was excellent
C. he wrote an English book& D.he was a most industrious
worker
57.What does the underhned phrase“my
dream”refer to?
A.The UN chief.&&& B.The foreign minister of POK.
C.A diplomat.&&&&& D.The US president.
58.Which of the following is the best
sentence to be put into the blank in Para.8 7
A.1 will think over a s仕ong way to solve the problem.
B.Soft ways are& often the best to
deal with intense conflicts.
C.The nuclear programme of DPRK is very
demanding.
D.Terrible conflicts should be settled by all the countries.
59.Acording to the text,we can infer that——.
A.Ban Ki—Moon has no idea about dealing with the nuclear programme
B. Ban Ki—Moon likes playing Tai Chi in his
spare time
C.An Asian took the post of UN chief in 1973
D.Ban Ki—Moon became the world’S top diplomat at the age of 60
来源:吉林省2010届高三第八次模拟考试英语试卷
题型:完形填空
II.完形填空:(每小题1.5分, 满分30分)
&&&&&&&& 阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从16到35各题所给的四个选项选出最佳答案。
&&&&&&&& Outside
our hotel in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, an old woman waited beside door with
her hand outstretched.Every day I put my hand in hers as our eyes met.She never failed to__16__
smile, my grasp, and my greeting.
&&&&&&&& On
the last day of our visit, I found myself__17__on a busy corner across the
street from our hotel.Bicycles and motorbikes rushed in front of me.We had been advised to
walk__18__ through the crowded traffic without looking right or left.Let them__19__ us.
&&&&&&&& __20__tonight
I was by myself and felt uncertain to__21__ the flood of vehicles.As I __22__ on the roadside.I felt a hand on my elbow and
looked__23__to see the smile of my small beggar friend looking up at me.She nodded her head toward the
street__24__ that she would take me across.Together, we moved slowly into the disorder.
&&&&&&&& When
we__25__ the corner of the crossing, I looked down at her again, and couldn’t
help saying, “You have the most beautiful smile in the world.”
She__26__knew little English, but must
have__27__ the tone, for she threw both arms around me in a big hug while
the__28__streamed by us on both sides.
Then we__29__ moved on toward the sidewalk,
where she pulled my face down to hers, kissed me on both cheeks, and then
walked away,__30__smiling and waving back to me.
I had not given her a single__31__.But we had__32__ something much
more important---a warming of hearts in friendship.
This__33__ reminded me of something Mother
Teresag once said, “ If you cannot do great things, you can do small things
with great__34__.”
I will always remember this__35__.
16.A.receive&&&&&& B.accept&&&&&&& C.return&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.answer
17.A.alone B.away C.off&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.aside
18.A.purposefully&&&&&& B.straight&&&&& C.actively&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.carefully
19.A.miss&& B.avoid C.separate&&&&&&&&&&&& D.dismiss
20.A.And&&& B.So&&&&&& C.But&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Therefore
21.A.see&&&& B.meet C.face&&&&&&&&&&&& D.witness
22.A.moved&&&&&&& B.wandered& C.hesitated&&&&&&&&&&& D.wondered
23.A.up&&&&&& B.back&& C.down&&&&&&&&& D.forward