he worked harder to get the coach to change his mind

答案:B解析:
本题前半句是表示与过去事实相反的虚拟条件从句,后半句是表示与过去事实相反的主句。相当于:If he had worked harder, he would have got through the exams.must have got through(肯定已经通过)表示一种对过去事情的主观推测,不是与过去事情相反的情况。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:学年福建省高三上学期11月学段考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:阅读理解
It’s common to hear the honking of horns in New York.
Whoever tries every day to get more than a few minutes of sleep in the city
will tell you that he could do nothing about it! Honking of horns is just one
of their most widely enjoyed pastimes.
But Aaron, a Japanese website developer has had enough
of it. Once, the 31-year-old man approached the open window to wait for the
driver to finish honking, delivered a polite &excuse me& and then
yelled & Ho-o-o-o-onk!&, which suggests fierce anger in Japan. Then
he threw three eggs from the window of his apartment on to a passing car
honking loudly below when his patience was worn out. Instead of apologizing to
him, the driver threatened to kill him angrily. So, nobly, Aaron turned to
non-violence. He started writing anti-honking haiku verses, a form of Japanese
poetry, and submitted them to local newspapers:
Oh .forget E
All the damn honking
(Enron: a major American company that
recently caused a scandal by going bankrupt be&cause of corrupt(腐败) mismanagement)
&Then this kind of chain reaction started
happening,& Aaron says. &All these other haiku star&ted appearing
that I haven't written.& Aaron’ s community is now covered in anti - hon&king
poetry, written by all walks of life, ranging from scary environmental activist
types to violent revolutionaries:
That day is coming soon.
It’s no surprise that Aaron has started a website —
www. honku. org — and now people from across the country send him news of their
own anti - honking activities. It seems that poetry can change the world after
all. Then, just recently, anti-anti- honking haiku started to appear, taped up
by locals who thought Aaron should stop worrying about honking and start wor&rying
about starving children, say, or war in the& Middle East instead. Aaron
has an answer for that. &Stop me if this is too tenuous(不靠谱的) ,& he says,& but they talk about the
violence in the Middle East like it' s a force of nature, like it' s beyond our
control. But actually it's kind of like the honking - the violence is man
-made. If we can figure out how to stop honking on the streets, I think we
could learn some things that we could use on a large scale. &
1.The first paragraph of the passage is intended to
tell us that_______.
A. New Yorkers have formed a habit of honking while
driving
B. most New Yorkers enjoy sleeping late in the morning
C. honking noise has influenced people's life in New
York
D. New Yorkers enjoy listening to the honking of horns
2.What is Aaron’s final response to the frequent
honking of horns?
A. Pretended to ignore it.
B. Screamed at the driver.
C. Acted in a peaceful way.
D. Complained to the government.
3.According to the passage, most New Yorkers think
Aaron's response is ___.
A. pointless
B. abnormal
C. sensitive
D. acceptable
4.Faced with the criticism of his anti-honking
campaign, Aaron notes that___.
A. fierce violence in the Middle East is more of an
issue worthy of concern
B. finding the solution to anti - honking is as
meaningful as that to starvation
C. big issues are beyond our control while small ones
are under our control
D. if not handled properly, honking may cause serious
problems like starvation
It’s common to hear the honking of horns in New York. Whoever tries every day to get more than a few minutes of sleep in the city will tell you that he could do nothing about it! Honking of horns is just one of their most widely enjoyed pastimes. But Aaron, a Japanese website developer has had enough of it. Once, the 31-year-old man approached the open window to wait for the driver to finish honking, delivered a polite "excuse me" and then yelled " Ho-o-o-o-onk!", which suggests fierce anger in Japan. Then he threw three eggs from the window of his apartment on to a passing car honking loudly below when his patience was worn out. Instead of apologizing to him, the driver threatened to kill him angrily. So, nobly, Aaron turned to non-violence. He started writing anti-honking haiku verses, a form of Japanese poetry, and submitted them to local newspapers: Oh .forget E The pr All the damn honking(Enron: a major American company that recently caused a scandal by going bankrupt be&cause of corrupt(腐败) mismanagement)"Then this kind of chain reaction started happening," Aaron says. "All these other haiku star&ted appearing that I haven't written." Aaron’ s community is now covered in anti - hon&king poetry, written by all walks of life, ranging from scary environmental activist types to violent revolutionaries: P Residents That day is coming soon.It’s no surprise that Aaron has started a website — www. honku. org — and now people from across the country send him news of their own anti - honking activities. It seems that poetry can change the world after all. Then, just recently, anti-anti- honking haiku started to appear, taped up by locals who thought Aaron should stop worrying about honking and start wor&rying about starving children, say, or war in the& Middle East instead. Aaron has an answer for that. "Stop me if this is too tenuous(不靠谱的) ," he says," but they talk about the violence in the Middle East like it' s a force of nature, like it' s beyond our control. But actually it's kind of like the honking - the violence is man -made. If we can figure out how to stop honking on the streets, I think we could learn some things that we could use on a large scale. "1.The first paragraph of the passage is intended to tell us that_______A.New Yorkers have formed a habit of honking while drivingB.most New Yorkers enjoy sleeping late in the morningC.honking noise has influenced people's life in New YorkD.New Yorkers enjoy listening to the honking of horns2.What is Aaron’s final response to the frequent honking of horns?A.Pretended to ignore itB.Screamed at the driverC.Acted in a peaceful wayD.Complained to the government3.According to the passage, most New Yorkers think Aaron's response is ___A.pointlessB.abnormalC.sensitiveD.acceptable4.Faced with the criticism of his anti-honking campaign, Aaron notes that___A.fierce violence in the Middle East is more of an issue worthy of concernB.finding the solution to anti - honking is as meaningful as that to starvationC.big issues are beyond our control while small ones are under our controlD.if not handled properly, honking may cause serious problems like starvation
It’s common to
hear the honking of horns in New York. Whoever tries every day to get more than
a few minutes of sleep in the city will tell you that he could do nothing about
it! Honking of horns is just one of their most widely enjoyed pastimes.
But Aaron, a
Japanese website developer has had enough of it. Once, the 31-year-old man approached
the open window to wait for the driver to finish honking, delivered a polite
&excuse me& and then yelled & Ho-o-o-o-onk!&, which
suggests fierce anger in Japan. Then he threw three eggs from the window of his
apartment on to a passing car honking loudly below when his patience was worn
out. Instead of apologizing to him, the driver threatened to kill him angrily.
So, nobly, Aaron turned to non-violence. He started writing anti-honking haiku
verses, a form of Japanese poetry, and submitted them to local newspapers:
Oh .forget
All the damn
a major American company that recently caused a scandal by going bankrupt be&cause
of corrupt(腐败) mismanagement)
this kind of chain reaction started happening,& Aaron says. &All
these other haiku star&ted appearing that I haven't written.& Aaron’ s community
is now covered in anti - hon&king poetry, written by all walks of life, ranging
from scary environmental activist types to violent revolutionaries:
That day is
coming soon.
surprise that Aaron has started a website — www. honku. org — and now people
from across the country send him news of their own anti - honking activities. It
seems that poetry can change the world after all. Then, just recently,
anti-anti- honking haiku started to appear, taped up by locals who thought
Aaron should stop worrying about honking and start wor&rying about starving
children, say, or war in the &Middle East instead. Aaron has an answer for
that. &Stop me if this is too tenuous(不靠谱的) ,& he says,&
but they talk about the violence in the Middle East like it' s a force of
nature, like it' s beyond our control. But actually it's kind of like the
honking - the violence is man -made. If we can figure out how to stop honking
on the streets, I think we could learn some things that we could use on a large
60. The first paragraph of the passage is
intended to tell us that_______.
A. New Yorkers
have formed a habit of honking while driving
B. most New
Yorkers enjoy sleeping late in the morning
C. honking
noise has influenced people's life in New York
D. New Yorkers
enjoy listening to the honking of horns
61. What is Aaron’s final response to the frequent
honking of horns?
A. Pretended
to ignore it.
B. Screamed at
the driver.&
C. Acted in a
peaceful way.
D. Complained
to the government.
62.& According to the passage, most
New Yorkers think Aaron's response is ___.
pointless&&& &&
B. abnormal
C. sensitive&&&&&&
D. acceptable
63.& Faced with the criticism of his
anti-honking campaign, Aaron notes that___.
A. fierce violence
in the Middle East is more of an issue worthy of concern
B. finding the
solution to anti - honking is as meaningful as that to starvation
C. big issues
are beyond our control while small ones are under our control
handled properly, honking may cause serious problems like starvation
I shall never forget the night,a few years ago,when Marion J.Douglas was a student in one of my adult&education classes. He told us how tragedy had struck at his home,not once,but twice. The first time he had lost his five&year&old daughter. He and his wife thought they couldn’t bear that first loss;but,as he said,“Ten months later,God gave us another little girl and she died in five days.”This double bereavement was almost too much to bear. “I couldn’t take it,” this father told us,“I couldn’t sleep,eat,rest or relax. My nerves were entirely shaken and my confidence gone. ”At last he went to doctors;one recommended sleeping pills and another recommended a trip,but neither helped. He said,“My body felt as if it was surrounded in a vice (大钳子),and the jaws of the vice were being drawn tighter and tighter.” The tension of grief (悲伤)—if you have ever been paralyzed (使瘫痪) by sorrow,you know what he meant.“But thank God,I had one child left—a four&year&old son. He gave me the solution to my problem. One afternoon as I sat around feeling sorry for myself,he asked,‘Daddy,will you build a boat for me?’ I was in no mood to build a boat;in fact,I was in no mood to do anything. But my son is a persistent little fellow!I had to give in. Building that toy boat took me about three hours. By the time it was finished,I realized that those three hours spent building that boat were first hours of mental relaxation and peace that I had had in months!I realized that it is difficult to worry while you are busy doing something that requires planning and thinking. In my case,building the boat had knocked worry out of the ring. So I determined to keep busy.”“The following night,I made a list of jobs that ought to be done. Scores of items needed to be repaired. Amazingly,I had made a list of 242 items that needed attention. During the last two years I have completed& most of them. I am busy so that I have no time for worry.”No time for worry!That is exactly what Winston Church ill said when he was working eighteen hours a day at the height of the war. When he was asked if he worried about his huge responsibilities,he said,“I am too busy. I have no time for worry.”1.The underlined word “bereavement” in the second paragraph refers to________.A.having lost a loved oneB.having lost a valuable articleC.having lost a profit&making businessD.having lost a well&paid job2.Marion felt his body as if it was caught in a vice because________.A.he couldn’t earn enough money to support his familyB.he was suffering from sleeplessness diseaseC.he couldn’t get out of mental pressureD.he felt tired of adult&education classes3.Marion made a list of over 200 items that needed to be repaired because________.A.he hadn’t been able to spare time to mend themB.he wanted to kill his free time by repairing themC.the items had actually been broken and needed attentionD.repairing the items helped crowd wor ry out of his mind4.At the end of the passage,the author wrote about Winston Churchill in order to________.A.prove that he followed Churchill’s exampleB.support his student’s solution to his problemC.show that he was successful in his careerD.clarify how his conclusion was reached
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!江苏省永丰初级中学九年级英语上册 Unit 4 Growing up课件1 (新版)牛津版_图文_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
江苏省永丰初级中学九年级英语上册 Unit 4 Growing up课件1 (新版)牛津版
上传于||暂无简介
大小:3.89MB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢2016盐城卫生职业技术学院单招英语模拟试题及答案_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
高中精品题库
最新高考模拟题