普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
你可能喜欢您当前的位置:&>&&>&&>&&>&
Unit 12 My favorite subject is science.
Part 1: Teaching design (第一部分:教学设计)
Structures :
What Why Who Adjectives of quality
Target language :
What&s your favorite subject? My favorite subject is P.E.
Why do you like P,E.? Because it&s fun. Who is your science teacher? Mr Wang
Vocabulary :
math, science, history, physical education(P.E.), favorite, teacher days of the week
Learning strategies :
R P Sequencing
●To teach the students what questions, why questions
●To let the students talk about their favorite subjects
Procedures
Warming up by learning about wh-questions
What is a wh-question?
Definition
A wh-question is a question that contains an interrogative pro-form.
Also known as:&Content question, question word question, information question
Examples (English)
Here are some examples of words that begin wh-questions in English. Most of them begin with wh-:&&&&&how
Warming up by discussing
T: Good morning, everyone! We&re going to have our English class. You have many subjects everyday. Subject is the lesson you learn everyday, such as English, math, Chinese and so on. Maybe you think some of them are interesting and so you are good at them. But some are not. Right?
T: Now let&s see how many subjects we have everyday.
S: Math, English, Chinese, art, music, biology, P.E.&&
T: And we have science. Science includes chemistry, physics and biology and so on.
1a Matching the words with the pictures
Look at the picture on page 71, there are many subjects in the picture. Please match the words with picture.
1.P.E. &c&&&2. art &d&&3. science &b&&4 music e&&&5. math &a &&6. Chinese &f
1b Listening and circling the subjects in 1a you hear
We have many different subjects everyday. Now let&s listen to the tape and circle the subjects in 1a you hear.
Tapescript
A: What& your favorite subject?
B: My favorite subject is science. What&s yours?
A: Hmm. Well, I like art and math. But my favorite subject is music.
Answers: Science, art, math, music
Read the tapescript to underline the wh-question.
1c.Doing pairwork
I think you must have your favorite subjects. Please practice the conversation below. First read after me and practice it with your partner. I will ask some pair to act it out.
A: What&s your favorite subject?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B: My favorite subject is science.
Then make your own conversations with your partner like this:
A: What&s your favorite subject?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B: My favorite subject is music.
2a Listening and putting in order
Listen to the tape and please put the conversation in order. First you just listen and then put them in order.
Tapescript
A: What&s your favorite subject?
B: My favorite subject is P.E.
A: Why do you like P.E.?
B: Because it&s fun.
Can you try to place the sentences in right order?
Because it&s fun ______.
What&s your favorite subject?____
My favorite subject is P.E.____
Why do you like P.E.____
The right order should be like this:
What&s your favorite subject?&&1
My favorite subject is P.E.&&2
Why do you like P.E.&&3
Because it&s fun.&& &4
2b Listening and matching
You will hear the conversation. In the conversation, people talk about school subjects. Listen and matching the subjects you hear with the description words.
Tapescript
B: My favorite subject is P.E.
A: Why do you like P.E.?
B: Because it&s fun. How about you? What&s your favorite subject?
A: Hmm. My favorite subject is music.
B: Really? Why?
A: Because it&s relaxing.
We can only match two items according to the tapescript.
Description word
1.art&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 2.science
3. music&&&&&&&& 4.P.E.
a. fun&&&& (4)&& b. interesting&&&&&&&&&&
c. boring&&&&&&& d. difficult&&&&&&&&&&&&
e. relaxing &(3)&
2cThinking and matching
Now what do you think of your subjects? You can give your opinion. You can practice this conversation first.
A: What&s your favorite subject?&&& B: Science.
A: why do you like science?&&&&&& B: Because it&s interesting.
Then you can make up your conversation with your partners and match the subjects with the description words.
The answers may be like this:
Description word
1.&art&&& 2.&science&& 3. music
4.P.E.&& 5.&math
a. fun&&&&& b. interesting&& c. boring&
d. relaxing&e. difficult
2d Doing pairwork
OK, stop! Now please make a conversation using the information in 2c.
A: Why do you like art?
B: Because it&s interesting and relaxing.
3a Completing the conversation
Look at your book on page 73. Two students are talking about their subjects and teachers.
teacher&& my&& subject&& your
Please fill in the blanks with the words in the box.
B: My favorite subject is art.
A: Who is your art teacher?
B: My art teacher is Mrs Jones.
3b Doing pairwork
This time you can ask your partner about his or her favorite subject and the teacher. Complete the chart.
Favorite subject
Mrs. Jones
Your partner
You can practice the dialogue like this:
A: What&s your favorite subject?&& B: Math.
A: Who is your math teacher?&&&& B: My math teacher is Mrs. Li.
Favorite subject
Mrs. Jones
Your partner
4 Surveying
OK! We know a lot about our classmates and partners. But how well do you know your parents? Complete the chart with your parents& favorite things then talk about your classmates. You can talk about it like this:
A: What&s your mother&s favorite color?
B: Her favorite color is blue.
Students& answers may like this:
Favorite city
Favorite food
Favorite color
Favorite TV show
Favorite sport
basketball
Closing down by writing a short passage
Just now we talk about your parents. Now please write a short passage about your parents& hobby.
My father&s favorite food is noodles. He likes sports very much. His favorite sport is basketball. His favorite color is orange. He lives in Taiyuan. His favorite city is Taiyuan.
●To go on talking about favorite subjects
●To learn the days of week and the expressions of dates
Procedures&&&
Warming up by talking about the date
T: Boys and girls! Today we&re going to learn a new part Section B. By the way, what day is it today?
S: It&s Tuesday.
T: What&s the date today?
S: It&s October 9.
T: Oh! I see. Let&s open you book and turn to Page74, and learn 1a.
1a Putting in order
Look at your book and put the days into correct order. The correct order should be:
Tuesday Oct.2 &3 &Sunday Sept.30 &1 &Thursday Oct.4 &5 &Friday Oct.5&&6 &&Saturday Oct.6&&7&Monday Oct.1 &2 &Wednesday Oct.3&&4
1b Checking the subjects
What subject do you study at school? Check the subjects. You should pronounce them correctly and remember these words.
a. art&& &&b. science&&&& c. music&&&& d. math&&&&& e. PE&&&f Chinese&&&g. history&& &&h. biology&&&&&&
1c Doing pairwork
Look at this teaching syllabus.
Ask and answer questions about the subjects you study at school. For example:
When do you have math?
I have math on Monday, Wednesday and Friday .
Students& dialogue may be like this:
When do you have Chinese?
I have Chinese on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
2a Listening and writing
Let&s do a listening exercise. Listen and write the school subjects you hear. First you just listen and then you can write.
Tapescript
Boy 1: Are you OK, Ming?
Girl 1: No, I&m not. It&s Tuesday and I have biology.
Girl 2: And you don&t like biology?
Girl 1: No, it&s so boring.
Boy 1:So, what&s your favorite subject?
Girl 1:Oh, history! It&s such fun. I like Friday because we have history in the morning. How about you, Selina?
Girl 2: Art, I guess it&s really relaxing.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Girl 1: When do you have art?
Girl 2: On Monday and Wednesday. How about you, Ken? What&s your favorite subject?
Boy 1: Science. It&s really interesting. I have science class this afternoon.
The answers are like these. You can check them.
1 biology&&& 2. history &&&3. art&&&4 science
2b Listening and completing
Listen again and complete the chart.
Favorite subject
When you hear, you should pay attention to the names and the subjects. Do not confuse them with each other.
Favorite subject
Monday and Wednesday
interesting
This afternoon
Read the words of the recording to underline the expressions.
2c Doing pairwork
Make conversations using the information in the chart. First please read the conversation in the book. Try to read it correctly and fluently.
A: What&s Ken&s favorite subject?&&& B: Science.
A: Why does he like science?&&&&&& B: Because it&s interesting.
Then make up the similar conversation with your partners.
A: What&s Ming&s favorite subject?&B: History.
A: Why does he like history?&&&&&& B: Because it&s fun.
3a Reading and circling
Let&s read the following letter. Underline the things Lin Mei likes. Circle the things she doesn&t like. While reading you should pay attention to the pronunciations and intonation and underline the expressions.
Dear Jane,
It&s Tuesday, November 11. I&m really busy! At 8:00 I have math. I don&t like math. Then at 9:00 I have science. It&s difficult, but interesting. Next, at 10:00, I have history. It&s boring, but at 11:00 I have P.E. That&s my favorite subject! I eat lunch at12:00 After lunch, I have music. Music is relaxing. I like my music teacher, Mr. Cooper. He&s fun. My last class is at 2:00. After class I have volleyball for two hours. Our teacher is very strict and I&m usually very tired after class. Then I have Chinese history club. It&s really interesting!
These are the answers.
These subjects should be underlined: science, P.E., music, Chinese History Club
These subjec math, history
3b Completing schedule
We have read Lin Mei&s letter in 3a. Here is Lin Mei&s schedule. Please complete it with the information from 3a. Then we have a clear look about what she does on that day.
8:00 to 9:00
9;00 to 10:00
10:00 to 11:00
11:00 to 12:00
12:00 to 1:00
1:00 to 2:00
2:00 to 4:00
4:00 to 5:00
According to the letter we can find this information.
gymnastics
Chinese History Club
3c Writing your schedule&
I know you all have busy days. What is your favorite school day? Write your schedule for that day.
4 Asking about favorite days
Please work in groups of four. Ask your partners about their favorite days. Later you will tell the class what you learned.
What&s your favorite day?
Because I have music.
Because I have art.
Because I play volleyball.
These are some of the students& reports.
Scott&s favorite day is Friday because he has art. He likes art.
Another example:
Han Xiao&s favorite day is Tuesday because she plays volleyball. He likes volleyball.
Closing down by playing a guessing game
Let&s play a guessing game.&We can play it like this: One student does some actions about one of subjects. And the others guess what subject it is. Let&s see who can guess the most subjects.
SELF CHECK
1 Checking the new words you know
These are the words in this unit. I&d like you check the words you know and circle any words that you don&t know.
math science favorite subject Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday why because teacher PE
2 Adding five new words to your Vocab-Builder
Work in groups. This activity helps build vocabulary by providing a specific time and place for you to record the new words. Please share your list with other students.
Volleyball&physics&geography&gymnastics&club
3 Writing a response
Read Zhao Jie&s notebook. See whether you can find some problems and then write him a response. Tell Zhao Jie about what subjects you like and why.
&What is your favorite subject?& Miss Wang asks me. I don&t like any subject. I like basketball only. I like to play with my dog, Nick. His name is Nick, he is 2 years old. Nick doesn&t like subjects. But his &subject& is only running around with me. We&re good friends.
The students& response may be like this:
Dear Zhao jie,
Do you really not like school? My favorite subject is math. I think it&s very interesting. It can teach me the way of thinking. I often do well in math. I often do more exercises after school.
Closing down by making a lecture
I think everyone has a favorite subject and has his reasons too. Let&s talk about &my favorite subject&. You have five minutes to prepare. Then stand up to give your lecture to us. You can use body language when needed.
My favorite subject
My favorite subject is English. I can learn a lot in English class. I can learn English songs and learn much about foreign country. Sometimes I meet a foreigner or a foreign visitor in the street, and I can talk with them with what I learn in the class. I feel very happy.
Just for fun!
Let&s learn some names of English songs.
Honkey P How Is The Weather?(天气怎么样?); I Love Little Pussy(我喜欢小猫); I&M A Little Teapot(我是一把小茶壶); If You're Happy(如果你感到快乐); Jimmy Crack Corn(撬开裂纹玉米); Jingle Bells(铃儿响叮当&1&); Jingle Bells(铃儿响叮当 &2&); Lazy Mary(懒惰的玛丽); Let Everyone Clap Hands(让每一个人拍手); Let Us Sing Together(让我们一起唱歌); Little Cabin In The Wood(森林中的小木屋); Little Goldfish(小金鱼); Little Green Frog(绿色的小青蛙); Little Peter Rabbit(小兔彼得); Make New Friends(结识新朋友); My Aunt Came Back(我的姑妈回来了); My Brother And I(我的哥哥和我); Oh, Christmas Tree(哦,圣诞树); Oh, Susanna(噢,苏珊娜);Pat A Cake(做个面包); Pop!Goes The Weasel(砰!追逐鼹鼠!); Rain, Rain, Go Away(雨,雨,走开); Reuben Reuben(鲁宾); Roll That Bal(滚动那个球); Round The Clock(围着时钟转); Sally, Go' Round The Sun(萨利绕着太阳转); Sea Shells(海洋贝壳); She'll Be Comin' Round The Mountain(她将绕过这座山脉过来); Simple Simon(头脑简单的西蒙); Sing Together(一起歌唱); Six Little Ducks(六只小鸭子); Smile(微笑); Ten Fat Sausages(十根肥香肠); The Ants Go Marching(蚂蚁在行军); The Bear Went Over The Mountain(小熊上了山); The Family(家庭); The Farmer In The Dell(农夫在小山谷中); The Finger Family(手指家庭); The Months(月份); The More We Get Together(我们在一起越多)
Question: Name two things you can never eat for breakfast.
Answer:&Lunch and supper.
Part 2: Teaching Resources (第二部分:教学资源)
I. Background readings&&Time (美国人的时间观)
What is time? Is it a thing to be saved or spent or wasted, like money? Or is it something we have no control over, like the weather? Is time the same all over the world? That's an easy question, you say. Wherever you go, a minute is 60 seconds, an hour is 60 minutes, a day is 24 hours, and so forth. Well, maybe. But in America, time is more than that. Americans see time as a valuable resource. Maybe that's why they are fond of the expression, &Time is money.&
Because Americans believe time is a limited resource, they try to conserve and manage it. People in the U.S. often attend seminars or read books on time management. It seems they all want to organize their time better. Professionals carry around pocket planners-some in electronic form-to keep track of appointments and deadlines. People do all they can to squeeze more life out of their time. The early American hero Benjamin Franklin expressed this view best: &Do you love life? Then do not waste time, for that is the stuff life is made of.&
To Americans, punctuality is a way of showing respect for other people's time. Being more than 10 minutes late to an appointment usually calls for an apology, and maybe an explanation. People who are running late often call ahead to let others know of the delay. Of course, the less formal the situation, the less important it is to be exactly on time. At informal get-togethers, for example, people often arrive as much as 30 minutes past the appointed time. But they usually don't try that at work.
II. Fun materials&&Holes and covers
Once San Diego was badly flooded. Some residents suggested removing manhole covers to speed up the draining of rain flooded streets. That sounded a good idea. However, it made matters worse because the underground system was flooded too. Several covers became lost in knee-deep water, and police were called in to help.
&we&re picked up the lost covers all right.& One officer asked headquarters. &Now how do we find the holes?&
Back came the order: &That&s easy. Walk till you fall in.&
III Word studies
(stricter, strictest)&&
a. 1.严格的;严谨的精确的;正确的 accurate: The men who make the parts of an airplane must use strict measurements. &制造飞机零件的工人必须使用精确的量具。2.完全的;绝对的 absolute: &They were married in strict privacy. &他们极为秘密地结婚了。The library insists upon strict silence.&图书馆要求绝对肃静。 3. 严格的 v making people do what one wants: Our boss is very strict, so we have to arrive on time.&我们的老板很严格,所以我们必须按时到。 The teachers are strict with their pupils. 老师对学生严格要求。 4. 严厉的;刻板的 austere, exact,&exacting,&harsh,&precise,&rigorous,&severe,&stern,&stringent&&
(more tired, most tired)&&
adj. 1. 疲劳的;累的 needing to rest : The tired boy fell asleep at once. &那个劳累的男孩立刻睡着了。 They are dead tired. &他们累得要死。 2. &be tired of: have had enough of something&厌倦于:&They were soon tired of him. &他们不久就对他感到厌烦了。 to get tired with one's lecture&&讲演听得厌倦了3. tired out: totally tired累极了: He looked tired out. &他看上去累极了。&
(busier, busiest)
adj. 1. 忙的;繁忙的;热闹的 full of work:&I had a busy day. &我忙了一天。Autumn is a busy season. &秋天是忙碌紧张的季节。The busier he is, the happier he feels.&他越忙越感到高兴。 He is busy getting ready for his journey.&他忙着准备去旅行。&He was busy with his work. &他忙于工作。 2. 占用的;没空的 in use :The line is busy!&(电话)占线。 3. 繁忙;热闹;熙熙攘攘的 with many things happening: The streets of a big city are always busy. 大城市的街道总是熙熙攘攘的。a busy street &热闹的街道,&a busy man &忙人, get busy start doing things &开始着手工作,Then the writer got busy. &然后作家开始写作。&
4.&because
conj. &1. 因为for the reason that: I am hungry because I did not eat breakfast.&&我饿了,因为我没有吃早饭。&Because it was getting dark, we walked faster.&&因为天色渐渐黑下来了,我们加快了脚步。&2. because of: as a result of something&由于;因为:My brother is often absent from work because of illness.&&我哥哥常因患病而缺勤。 The train was late because of the fog. 火车晚点是由于有雾的缘故。&
Ⅳ.Grammar studies (语法学习)
1.一般现在时的用法
1)经常性或习惯性的动作,常与表示频度的时间状语连用。时间状语: every&, sometimes, at&, on Sunday: I leave home for school at 7 every morning. 客观真理,客观存在,科学事实。The earth moves around the sun. Shanghai lies in the east of China.
2)表示格言或警句中。Pride goes before a fall.骄者必败。
注意:此用法如果出现在宾语从句中,即使主句是过去时,从句谓语也要用一般现在时。例:Columbus proved that the earth is round..
3)现在时刻的状态、能力、性格、个性。I don't want so much. Ann Wang writes good English but does not speak well.比较:Now I put the sugar in the cup. I am doing my homework now.
第一句用一般现在时,用于操作演示或指导说明的示范性动作,表示言行的瞬间动作。再如:Now watch me, I switch on the current and stand back. 第二句中的now是进行时的标志,表示正在进行的动作的客观状况,所以后句用一般现在时。&&
2.一般现在时代替将来时
1) 时间状语从句,条件句中,从句用一般现在时代替将来时When, while, before, after, till, once, as soon as, so long as, by the time, if, in case (that), unless, even if, whether, the moment, the minute, the day, the year, immediately: He is going to visit her aunt the day he arrives in Beijing. 他一到北京,就去看他姨妈。
典型例题(1)He said he_______me a present unless I_______ in doing the experiment.
A. had not succeeded&B. succeed&C. succeed&& D. will succeed.
答案B. 在时间,条件或让步主语从句中一般不用将来时。本题有He said,故为过去式。主句用将来时,故选B. 此处用一般过去式代替了过去将来时。
2) 表示现在已安排好的未来事项,行程等活动。The museum opens at ten tomorrow.
博物馆明天10点开门。(实际上每天如此。)&&
3.句子的种类
(一)按使用目的可分为陈述句、疑问句、祈使句和感叹句。
1.述句(Declarative Sentences):说明一个事实或陈述一种看法。 Light travels faster than sound. 光比声速度快。(说明事实)The film is rather boring.这部电影很乏味。(说明看法)
2.疑问句(Interrogative Sentences):提出问题。有以下四种:一般疑问句(General Questions): Can you finish the work in time?&你能按时完成工作吗?特殊疑问句(W Q H Questions):Where do you live? 你住那儿?How do you know that? 你怎么知道那件事?选择疑问句(Alternative Questions): Do you want tea or coffee? 你是要茶还是要咖啡?反意疑问句(Tag-Questions): He doesn't know her, does he? 他不认识她,对不对?
3.祈使句(Imperative Sentences):提出请求,建议或发出命令,例如:Sit down, please. 请坐。Don't be nervous!别紧张!
4.感叹句(Exclamatory Sentences):表示说话人惊奇、喜悦、愤怒等情绪,例如: What good news it is!&多好的消息啊!
(二)句子按其结构可以分为以下三类:
1.简单句(Simple Sentences):只包含一个主谓结构句子叫简单句,例如:She is fond of collecting stamps. &她喜欢集邮。(主)&(谓)
2.并列句(Compound Sentences):包含两个或两个以上主谓结构的句子叫并列句,句与句之间通常用并列连词或分号来连接,例如:The food was good, but he had little appetite. (主)&(谓)&& (主)(谓)&食物很精美,但他却没什么胃口。
3.复合句(Complex Sentences):包含一个主句从句和一个或几个从句的句子叫复合句,从句由从属连词引导,例如:The film had begun when we got to the cinema.主句&& 从句&我们到达电影院的时候,电影已经开演了。
(三)基本句型(Basic Sentence Patterns):英语中千变万化的句子归根结底都是由以下五种基本句型组合、扩展、变化而来的:
1.主 + 动(SV)例如:I work. 我工作。
2.主 + 动 + 表(SVP)例如:John is busy.约翰忙。
3.主 + 动 + 宾(SVO)例如:She studies English. 她学英语。
4.主 + 动 + 宾 + 补(SVOC)例如:Time would prove me right. 时间会证明我是对的。
5.主 + 动 + 间宾 + 直宾(SVOiOd)例如:My mother made me a new dress. 我母亲给我做了一件新衣裳。&&
下载地址:
相关下载:

我要回帖

更多关于 my favourite sport 的文章

随机推荐