父亲 the fatherr____his s...

举一反三(巩固练习,成绩显著提升,去)
根据问他()题库系统分析,
试题“The young boy and his father s...”,相似的试题还有:
阅读理解。One night about nine o'clock, Dr. Eyck, a surgeon, had a phone call from Dr. Haydon at the hospitalin Clens Falls. The surgeon was asked to go there at once to operate on a very sick boy who shot himself while playing with a gun.&&&& The doctor was soon on his way to Clens Falls. It was 60 miles away. And it was snowing heavily inthe city. The surgeon thought he could get there before 12 o'clock.&&&& A few minutes later, the doctor was stopped by a man in an old black coat. Gun in hand, the manordered the doctor to get out. Then the man drove the car down the road, leaving the doctor in the fallingsnow.&&&& It was after 2 o'clock in the morning when the doctor arrived at the hospital in Clens Falls. Dr.Haydon told him that the boy had died an hour before.&&&& The two doctors walked by the door of the hospital waiting room. There sat the man in the old blackcoat with his head in his hands.&&&& "Mr. Cuninghan," said Dr. Haydon to the man, "This is Dr. Eyck. He is the surgeon who walked allthe way from Albany to save your boy."1. Dr. Haydon asked Dr. Eyck to come to Clens Falls because ________.A. The boy needed the help of a surgeonB. Dr. Eyck knew the boy was wounded by a shotC. The boy needed the help of a surgeonD. Dr. Eyck was the boy's father2. The surgeon was late because ________.A.&he was stopped by the policeB. his car was taken awayC. the weather was rather terribleD. Clens Falls was too far from Albany3. Choose the right order of the following events given in the story.a. Dr. Eyck was asked to come to the hospital in Clens Falls.b. Dr. Eyck arrived at the hospital.c. The boy shot himself.d. The boy died.e. The man in an old coat reached the hospital.f. Dr. Eyck was robbed of his car.A. c,e,f,a,b,d&&B. a,c,f,d,b,e&&&&C. c,a,f,e,d,b&&&&&&D. a,c,f,e,d,b4.The boy could have been saved if ________.A. he had not been sent to the hospitalB. his father hadn't arrived in timeC. Dr.Eyck had arrived earlier than the manD. Dr. Eyck had arrived there two hours earlier
The young boy and his father sat quietly watching the snow fall on a snowy Saturday afternoon.“Dad, my friend told me that every snowflake is &36 &&. But they look all the same to me. How can we tell?” the child asked.Dad felt it was his &37&to give a more satisfying answer. “Son, snowflakes are like people. We are each &&38&in a very special way. We can test it right now,” he said.The child stood up, put out his hands, and &39&as snowflakes landed on his gloves. “These snowflakes are all different on my gloves, but those in the yard look the same. Together they are even more_ 40&and striking. Then if people are like snowflakes, why don't they &&&41&?”“Choice,”Dad said. "Their choices &42 &them what they are.”“ &43 &choice is a bad thing?” the boy asked.“Oh, no. Only when we choose the&44&things.”“How do we tell right from wrong?" the child asked.Dad was given the chance to build upon the foundation of his son's &45 &. He reached down and began to &46 &with the snow. He &47 &the snow into two sides, three large snowballs on one side and several smaller ones on the other.“Which side did the right thing?” he asked the boy.The child looked at both sides but&48 &&answer. Then Dad placed the three larger snowballs on top of each other.“It’ s a snowman! The side&49 &made me snowman!” the boy replied with& 50 Yes, all these people came together and recognized how special each of them was, so they joined in a(n)&51 &&to build up mankind,” Dad said.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&The child then stood up and &52&an arm full of the smaller snowballs. One by one he began to throw them at the other small piles of snow. He said,”This is what happens when people can't work together. They have a(n) &53 &.”Dad was shocked. He stood up, lifted the boy and &54&him tightly, whispering to him, “I hope that your world will learn to work and live together. I hope you will make the right &&55&and learn to build the best snowman ever.”【小题1】A.similar B.differentC.freezing D.special【小题2】A.challengeB.troubleC.responsibilityD.position【小题3】A.private B.associatedC.uniqueD.isolated【小题4】A.inspectedB.watchedC.glancedD.glared【小题5】A.beautifulB.effectiveC.comfortableD.significant【小题6】A.get alongB.take careC.cheer up D.break up【小题7】A.remainB.appearC.becomeD.make【小题8】A.ThoughB.HoweverC.SoD.While【小题9】A.exactB.coincidentC.fortunateD.wrong【小题10】A.interestB.concernC.worryD.faith【小题11】A.communicateB.work C.mixD.relate【小题12】A.separatedB.dividedC.distinguishedD.parted【小题13】A.couldn' tB.shouldn' tC.wouldn' tD.needn' t【小题14】A.thatB.what C.howD.when【小题15】A.disappointmentB.frustrationC.enthusiasmD.humour【小题16】A.powerB.effortC.organization D.attempt【小题17】A.gatheredB.sortedC.threwD.formed【小题18】A.warB.debateC.agreementD.negotiation【小题19】A.trembledB.swungC.pulledD.held【小题20】A.stepsB.turnsC.choicesD.points
My father got his first job at eleven years old. cleaning up the garbage outside of the bowlingalley(保龄球场). Two years later his dad died. and my fatber worked odd jobs to help put food onthe table during the Depression. Ten years after that. Dad fell in love. married Mom and had ababy girl. Eight more children followed. During those years, Dad slipped into a routine he neverbroke He woke up before six. took the train to work and wouldn't get home until after five thirly.After supper, Dad spent the rest of the evening in the basement making dental parts for extra&&&&Two years ago, at the age of sixty-four, Dad retired. When I was young, Mom and Dad did well to hide the fact that we were poor. All nine of us attended Catholic schools and we always had plenty of school supplies. We slept in wooden beds, shared one bathroom and watched television from a tiny black-and-white set in the living room. Mom and Dad never bought anything for themselves. They clipped coupons, wore the same pair of sneakers for twenty years and sewed wom clothing together every Saturday afternoon. At his retirement party. I wanted to thank Dad for all his hard work and sacrifice by buying him the best present I could think of. As I shopped though. l realized there was nothing I could buy for Dad. Dad taught me through his own faith that the greatest gifis come from the heart Finally. I left my present on the kitchen table for Dad to find before he Ieft for his frnal day at work.【小题1】How did Dad get extra money besides his daytime routine work?A.Collecting garbage outside the alley. B.Making dental parts in the basement. C.Putting food on the table in a hotel.
D.Working oddjobs on the train. 【小题2】What does Paragraph 2 mainly talk about?A.Dad retired after sixty-four years of hard work. B.Dad and Mom could afford their children good education. C.Parents made every effort to save for chcir children D.The family was once poor but became well off later. 【小题3】After reading the text. what would be the author's present for his Dad?A.A big-screen television. B.A vacation schedule. C.A letter of grateful words. D.A great retirement party. 【小题4】What can be the best title for the text?A.Thank You. Dad. B.Dad's Expenence. C.A Hardworking Dad. D.Dad. a Breadwinner.> 【答案带解析】The father’s role in the family is impor...
The father’s role in the family is important. One researcher says babies who are cared for by their fathers have greater cognitive (认知的) development at one year of age than babies not cared for by their fathers. Another researcher reports that by spending time with their pre-school children, fathers can help to develop children’s language ability. Researchers also point out that for school-age children, fathers are one bridge with the outside world.Fathers who value (重视) education have children who do better in school than those children whose fathers don’t value education. What’s more, fathers who spend quality time with their children may give their children happy memories which may last a lifetime.While each father is a unique person who educates children in his own style, good fathers have something in common.Good fathers attend their children’s school activities. They also involve the children in their lives and the adult world by taking them to see the workplace, or by taking them when the car needs to be repaired, etc.Good fathers expect a great deal from their children, but also accept and support the unique individuals (个体) that their children are becoming.Good fathers prefer explanations and reasoning to force.Good fathers know their time with children is really an investment (投资) in them.Being an involved father is good for children and good for fathers. Both children and fathers have the chance for growth and development. Today’s lifestyles are changing. More and more fathers are keeping a balance between their personal life, work, and family time.1.According to the passage, we can find that
.A. fathers have an important influence on their children from babyhood through adulthoodB. fathers’ involvement (介入) is the most important in children’s developmentC. all fathers have the same way of educating their childrenD. fathers are more important than mothers in the family2. A unique person in the third paragraph means “a person who
”.A. has the same ideas as othersB. is the only one of his typeC. does everything without considering others’ ideasD. tries to do everything well3. Which of the following statements is CORRECT according to the passage?A. Good fathers attend their children’s school activities but never take them to their workplace.B. Good fathers expect a great deal from their children and force them to work hard.C. Good fathers try to make it clear to their children that staying with their fathers is an investment.D. Good fathers improve themselves when they spend time with their children.4. The passage is mainly about __________ .A. how to be a qualified fatherB. the growth and development of both fathers and childrenC. the father’s role in the growth and development of childrenD. the change of the father’s role in modern society 
试题分析:本文告诉我们父亲在家庭中是很重要的。重视教育的父亲,他的孩子在学校成绩就比其他孩子要好;做一个称职的父亲对孩子、父亲都是有好处的等。
1.1】细节理解题。根据短文我们可以发现从孩子时期到成年人时代父亲对孩子有很重要的影响。据第一段和第二点内容可知在婴儿时期、上学时期父亲对孩子有很大的影响,由第二段最后一句话可知...
考点分析:
考点1:教育类
教育类阅读理解:
& & 阅读能力是中学生学习英语应具备的一种基本能力。学习英语的一个重要目的在于获取信息。通过阅读这一重要手段,我们可以大量地获取知识,拓展知识面,还可以增强语感,培养敏捷的思维能力。
阅读理解也是各地中考试题的必考题型之一,在中考试题中占有较大比例,主要考查学生通过文字获取信息的能力。在中考中,阅读的篇数一般是三到四篇,选材范围越来越广,除故事、幽默、人物轶事外,科普性文章也多了起来。体裁也趋于多样化,有记叙文、说明文、应用文等。还要求学生能理解及解释图表多提供的简单信息等。三四篇短文中有的难度跨度较大,以便拉开档次,体现选拔功能。并且扩大了选材范围,主要考查考生阅读所给材料,理解其中词语、句子或片段含义的能力。有时涉及对全文意思和篇章结构的理解,对一些问题作出推理和判断。阅读理解的考核中包括了对词汇、语法等语言知识的考查,要求学生具备一定的背景知识、各种常识、科普知识和一定的分析及逻辑推理能力;要求学生具有归纳段落大意、中心思想的能力。测试的方向由时间、地点、身份、人物等一些细节问题,改为测试对全文整体意义的理解程度;由考查短文的表层现象改为考对文章深层含义的理解和逻辑推断能力。另外,任务型阅读形式灵活多样,内容丰富多彩,联系实际,易考查学生的灵活运用能力和对语言的综合运用能力。在中考中占30-40分。
相关试题推荐
This dictionary tells you about English words and how to use them in reading, writing and speaking English. It not only gives the meaning of words, it can also help you with spelling, word building, grammar and pronunciation.
To use your dictionary correctly, you need to understand how the dictionary works. At the front of the book, you will find some exercises to help you make the most use of your dictionary.
If you look up the word “colour”, you will find two spellings for this word. “Colour” is used in British English, while “color” is used in American English. When such a thing happens, the dictionary shows it with the word “BrE” for British English and “AmE” for American English.
The dictionary also helps you pronounce words correctly. It uses a special alphabet (特殊字母表) to show pronunciation. If you turn to the inside back face, you will see all the phonetic letters (音标) with some words to show you how they are pronounced. Just have a look at this page when you’re not sure how to say a word.
The most important reason for using a dictionary is to find out the meaning of a word—its DEFINITION.
In this dictionary, the definitions have been written using only 2000 words. This means that the definitions of even the most difficult words are simply explained and easy to understand.1. According to the passage, “neighbor” is used in ______ English. A. Australian
B. Canadian
C. American
D. British2. In Paragraph 5, what does the underlined word “definition” mean?A. 词性
D. 词义 3. The dictionary explains ______.
A. some of the difficult words
B. all the words in a simple way C. all the easy words
D. the words of two meanings 
Every school has a notice board. Let’s see what is on the notice board of an America school.   1. According to School Policy, visitors have to ______ when entering the school.A. hand in a note
B. call at 524-9752C. check in at the office
D. telephone the school2. From ______, students can get information on the parents meeting.A. School Policy
B. Report CardC. After-school Program
D. Class Announcement3.Suppose Tony doesn’t do well at school but makes progress, he will get ______ on the Report Card.A. 1
D. 4 
Reuben, a 12-year-old boy, saw something in a shop window. But the price—five dollars—was far beyond his means. He couldn’t ask his parents
the money. His father made a living through
in Bay Roberts. His mother, Dora, tried hard to feed and clothe their five children.Hesitating(犹豫) for a few minutes, he opened the
and talked to the shopkeeper. “…I don’t have the money right now. Can you please
it for me?” “I’ll try,” the shopkeeper smiled.Reuben respectfully touched his worn cap and walked out. Hearing the sound of hammering from a side street, he suddenly had a(an)
. He ran towards the sound and stopped at a construction site(建筑工地).Reuben knew he could collect the discarded nails(被丢弃的钉子) and sell them to the factory for five cents
.He looked for nails until sunset. Then he ran to the factory and sold them. Reuben tightly clutched(握紧) the five-cent pieces and ran home. He found a rusty iron can and dropped his
inside. Then he rushed into the barn(谷仓) near his house and hid it. It was dinner time when Reuben got home. His father sat at the big kitchen table, working on a fishnet. Dora was at the kitchen stove, ready to serve
as Reuben took his place at the table. Looking at his mother, Reuben smiled.Every day after school, Reuben searched the town, trying to finish his
task. Finally, the time had come! He ran into the barn, opened the can, poured the coins out and began to count.He still needed 20 cents! He had to sell four nails
the day ended. Rushing to the town, Reuben searched every corner. It was getting dark when Reuben arrived at the factory. The man at the factory was about to
.“Please, mister. I have to sell these nails now—please.”“Why do you need this money so
?”“It’s a secret.”The man took the nails, reached into his pocket and put four coins in Reuben’s hand.Clutching the can tightly, Reuben
for the shop.“I have the
” he solemnly told the owner.Back home, his mother was cleaning the kitchen. “Here, Mum! Here!” Reuben shouted as he ran to her. He
a small box in her roughened hand. She opened it carefully. A blue-velvet jewel box appeared. Dora lifted the lid(盖子). Tears began to blur(模糊) her vision. In gold lettering on a small, almond-shaped brooch(胸针) was the word Mother.It was Mother’s Day, 1946.1. A. aboutB. forC. ofD. with2. A. farmingB. drivingC. fishingD. cleaning3. A. doorB. shopC. windowD. box4. A. buy
B. watchC. makeD. keep5. A. taskB. goalC. planD. idea6. A. eachB. anyC. eitherD. all7. A. nailsB. cansC. coinsD. dollars8. A. breakfastB. tableC. lunchD. dinner9. A. publicB. secretC. excitingD. surprising10.A. beforeB. afterC. whenD. while11.A. call upB. lock upC. clear upD. turn up12.A. hurriedlyB. hardlyC. badlyD. immediately13.A. wentB. lookedC. paidD. left14.A. pocketB. moneyC. lidD. time15.A. movedB. pulledC. placedD. took 
—Why did Miss Yang look so worried when we saw her?—Because she wondered __________.A. where did the other students goB. when would the policeman comeC. what her students have done during the tripD. if her students had survived the earthquake 
There are a lot of new buildings on ______ sides of the street.A. either
D. both 
题型:阅读理解
难度:困难
Copyright @
满分5 学习网 . All Rights Reserved.One day a farmer went out for a walk with his little son. The farmer wore a pair of wrong shoes. One had thick sole(厚鞋底) but the other didn’t. He began to walk and then his feet hurt. When he was just out of the house, he turned to his son and said, “Why is one of my legs longer than the other today?”
The son looked at his father’s legs carefully as he was walking and then laughed, “Oh, no, Daddy. Your legs are all right. You’re wearing the wrong shoes.” The farmer was very happy to hear that and said to himself, “What a clever son!” Then he asked his son to go back and got the other pair of shoes for him. The farmer had only two pairs of shoes.
When the son ran back to the house, he found that the other pair was also a wrong pair. He had to return to his father with nothing in his hands and said, “It’s no use changing them, Daddy! The shoes at home are not a pair, either!”
根据短文内容,完成下列各题。
【小题1】One day a farmer wore _____________ to walk with his son.
【小题2】 Was one of his legs longer than the other?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
【小题1】a pair of wrong shoes
【小题2】No, it wasn’t.
【小题3】The son
【小题4】nothing
【小题5】The son isn’t really clever.这是个机器人猖狂的时代,请输一下验证码,证明咱是正常人~

我要回帖

更多关于 父亲 the father 的文章

随机推荐