高二英语测试题汇总:会考试题及参考答案
栏目分类:
发布日期:
浏览次数:次
篇一:高二英语会考试题0
高二英语会考试题
一、听力测试(本题有2节, 每小题1.5分,共22.5分。) 第一节
1. Why didn&t she buy the shorts?
A.She didn&t like the stytle.B.They were too large. C.They were too tight. 2. Why does the man work hard?
A. In order to keep the job. B.He enjoys the challenge lying in the job. C.Because he wants to make more money. 3. What is the man doing ?
A.Asking for help.B. Making suggestions.C. Asking for permission. 4. How often does the man eat out?
A. Not very often.B.Almost every two days. C.Nearly every two days. 5.Why do the man and the women decide to take the subway?
A. It&s more direct.B. There is a traffic jam. C.It&s faster.
听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第6段材料,回答6至7题。
6.What is the most attractive in the film? A. Its sound. B. Its music.C.Its picture. 7.When was the film most likely to begin ?
A.After 6:00P.m.B. Before 6:00P.m. C. At 6:00P.m. sharp.
听第7段材料,回答8至10题。
8. What&s the probable relationship between the two speakers? A. Teacher and student.B. Penfriends C. Classmates. 9. What&s the girl possibly good at?
A.Reading B.Writing C.Listening. 10.Which advice doesn&t the boy give?
A. Buy some tapes to follow.B. Write to a penfriend. C. Watch BBC English programme. 听第8段材料,回答11至13题。 11. How does the boy usually go to school? A. By bus. B On foot. C. By car.
12. Why does the girl like history class?
A. Because history is easy to learn. B.Because the teacher is handsome. C. Because the teacher makes the class fun. 13.What is true according to the dialogue?
A.History and physics are both the boy&s favorite subjects.
B.The boy finds foreign language very difficult. C.The boy and the girl are both interested in sciences.
听第9段材料,回答14至15题
14. Why does the man go to the travel agency?
A To get help deciding where to take his vacation. B.To visit his friend,the travel agent.
C.To get information about Parisian nightclubs.
15. What does the man finally decide to spend his vacation? A in Italy. B. In Spain. C.In France.
二、单项填空(本节有10小题,每小题1分,共10分)
16. Mom bought me ______ MP3 for my birthday present last Sunday.
A. theB. anC. a D. 不填 17. ---How long have you _______?
---5 years.
A. married B. got married C. married D. been married
18. The singer became famous in the early 1980s, ______ the classical music was better than pop music.A. which B. whenC. that D. where
19. I don&t think ______ possible to master a foreign language without much memory work.A. that B. which C. it D. this
20. You can take as many as you can because they are free of ______.A. fare B. charge C. money D. pay
21. Tom wanted to play football after school, but Jack told him ______.A. not toB. not to do C. not do itD. do not 22. The girl dreamt of becoming a bird and _______ freely in the sky.A. flying B. flew C. to fly D. fly 23. Only in this way ______ our goals.
A. we can reach B. can we arriveC. we can arrive D. can we reach 24. He would rather __________ his life than beg the enemy. A. give in -- OK. A. Thank you B. Don&t hurry C. I&m sorry for it D. Take care. 三、完型填空 (本题有15小题,每小题1.5分,共22.5分)
Some people say it&s the most exciting thing they have ever done in their lives. But other people say it&s dangerous and26. 27 is known, Bungee jumping has become very
Australia nowadays. Every year, thousands of people 50 meters or more ------saved only by a ―Bungee‖, a rubber cord(绳子)that stops them the ground seriously. Bungee jumping in 1979 when two students from Oxford University, England, jumped from the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, USA. , bungee jumping businesses have in the USA and other places, in some countries it is not by law, for it is too dangerous. In the USA, bungee
B. give out C. give off
D. give up
25. &-It&s late. I must leave now.
jumpers pay $ 80 or more to fall through the air36 nearly 100 km an hour, risking their lives if the bungee cord 37 .
Emily Stead, a brave woman, is a bungee jumper who has survived many jumps. ―It&!‖ She says excitedly. ―I first went bungee jumping five years ago. Then, I jumped just 20 meters. My jump was 50 meters---from a hot-air balloon. It&s the best I have done.‖ 26. A. usual 27. A. Which 28. A. practical 29. A. float
30. A. feeling31. A. broke out 33. A. appeared 34. A. otherwise 35. A. agreed 36. A. on
37. A. breaks 38. A. suitable 39. A. first
B. safe B. As
C. silly C. For C. run
D. healthy D. What D. popularD. rush D. hitting D. began D. Before long D. happened D. however D. advised D. in D. dangerous D. latest
B. interesting B. dive B. harming B. By then B. although B. allowed B. at
B. jumps B. terrible B. other
C. enjoyable C. hurting C. set out C. shared C. obeyed C. by
B. went B. decreased
32. A. From now on C. Since then C. therefore
C. shakes D. divides C. great C. late
40. A. sportB. activities C. accident D. event 四、阅读理解(本题有两节,共16小题,每小题2分,共32分)
第一节:阅读下列材料并做后面的题目。从所给的A, B, C, D四个选项中,选出最佳答案。
Valencia is in the east part of Spain. It has a port on the sea, two miles away on the coast. It is the capital of a province that is also named Valencia.
The city is a market center for what is produced by the land around the city. Most of the city&s money is made from farming. It is also a busy business city, with ships, railways, clothes and machine factories.
Valencia has an old part with white buildings, colored roofs and narrow streets. The modern part has long, wide streets and new buildings. Valencia is well known for its parks and gardens. It has many old churches and museums. The university in the center of the city was built in the 13th century.
The city of Valencia has been known since the 2nd century. In the 8th century it was the capital of Spain. There is also an important city in Venezuela named Valencia. 41. Valencia is the capital of _______.
A. Spain B. Venezuela C. Valencia D. Uganda 42. Valencia is famous for its _______.
A. farm products B. parks and gardens C. clothes and machinesD. ships and railways
43. Which of the following things can not be seen in the old part of Valencia? A. shops B. factories C. white buildings D. wide streets 44. There is a city named Valencia in _______.
A. Spain and BritainB. Venezuela and Britain C. Spain and VenezuelaD. Spain and Vietnam
I have always been interested in making things. When I was a child, I enjoyed drawing, but I also liked making things out of clay(粘土). I won a prize for one of my paintings when I was fourteen. That may be why I went to art school four years later. But I studied painting at first, not pottery(制陶). I like being a potter because I like to work with my hands and feel the clay. I&m happy working by myself and being near my home. I don&t like mass-produced(集体生产)things, because they are made by machines. I think crafts(手工艺) are very important and crafts-people make things cleverly with hands. They make our lives colorful. When I left school, I got some money. I hope to become a full-time crafts-woman. This work-place is small, but I wish to move to a larger one next year.
45. From the passage we are sure that the writer is a _______. A. studentB. teacherC. manD. woman 46. The writer got into art school because of ______. A. liking to make things
B. enjoying working near her home C. a prize won when the writer was young D. a wish to be a potter
47. When entering art school, the writer was about ______. A. 14 B. 16 C. 18 D. 21 48. The writer is talking about her workplace _____.
A. unhappilyB. hopefullyC. seriously D. angrily
Why do plants grow in some places and not in others? Why does some land have so much growing on it, while other land has almost no plants growing on it at all?
To grow, plants need several things. One is warmth. In very cold places almost nothing grows. Plants also need water. In very dry parts of the Earth only a few unusual plants can grow. That's why dry deserts everywhere are almost not covered by trees or grass.
Plants must also have a place in which to put down their roots and grow. They find it difficult to grow on hard land. The town is built on hard land. The plants here have only the soil found between the cracks of the stones to grow in.
Another thing plants must have before they can grow is food.
What will happen if we try to make things grow on the sandy beach? A few plants, such as beach grass, will grow in sand, but most plants won't. Even if the weather is warm enough and we water the plants each day, many of them will die because the sand on this beach has almost no food for plants. 49. According to the passage, plants need things to grow well. A. two A. 缝隙
B. three B. 表面
C. four C. 夹层
D. five D. 底部
50. What does the underlined word &cracks& mean in the text?
51. The reason why most plants can't grow on the sandy beach is that . A. there isn't enough sunlight C. it is too crowded there A. science
B. history
B. there is too much water D. it has little food for plants C. travel
52. The passage can most probably be found in a 第二节:(共4小题;每小题2分,满分8分)
以下是生活中父母如何和孩子保持良好关系的材料。阅读A至D对这些材料的主题概括, 选 出符合每题的最佳选项。
_____ 53. Teenagers have opinions about everything and they aren&t shy about sharing them. So allow them to make more decisions. For example, let them decide when and where to study, what to wear, what sports team to join. However, keep in mind that some decisions can&t be discussed or changed. Parents need to set limits that protect their children&s health and safety.
_____54. There&s something happy about the family sitting together around the dinner table. The evening meal is often the time of the day when the family can sit together in one place and talk with each other. So make dinner a family affair. You can use the chance to share the news of the day and make weekend plans.
_____55. You can tell your children that you, too, sometimes feel angry or unhappy, which shows your children that you&re not just a parent&you&re a human. Not only will your children feel closer to you, but he or she may feel safe enough to disclose uncomfortable things or feelings.
_____56. Don&t read her diary, eavesdrop(偷听) on his phone conversations, or upset her with questions. Remember that they are humans and have their own privacy(隐私) just like you. If you think they have some problems, point it out directly, using five little words: ―Can we talk about it?‖ For example, you can use the words such as ―I&ve smelled smoke when you walk into the room several times now. Have you been smoking? Can we talk about it?‖
A. Set a fixed dinnertime to your children. B. Share your own feelings with your children. C. Don&t break your children&s privacy.
D. Allow your children to make their own decisions.
五、单词拼写(共8题;每小题1分,满分8分)
根据下列句子及所给单词的首字母,写出各单词的完全形式(每空限填一词)。 57. Everybody can borrow two books at a time from the school l_____________. 58. There are 60 m_____________ in an hour.
59. She looked at me s______________ and said 10 miners were killed yesterday.
60. In America there are many volunteers who are w____________ to help people in trouble at weekend. 61. We like to surf the Internet for some i_______________.
62. Jay who has a g_____________for music is popular with us students.
63. I am pleased that he gladly a_____________our invitation.
篇二:2011年高二会考英语试题及答案
揭阳市学年度高中二年级学业水平考试
本试卷共三部分,共 15 页(试题卷12页,答题卷3页)。满分135分,考试用时120分钟。 注意事项:
1. 答卷前,考生务必用黑色字迹的钢笔或签字笔将自己姓名、考生号、试室号和座位号填写在答题卡上,并填写好答题卷密封线内的有关项目。用2B铅笔将答题卡试卷类型(B)涂黑。在答题卷右上角的&座位号&列表内填写座位号。不按要求填涂的,答卷无效。
2. 选择题每小题选出答案后,用2B铅笔把答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑;如需改动用橡皮擦干净后,再选涂其他答案,答案不能答在试卷上。
3. 非选择题必须用黑色字迹钢笔或签字笔作答,答案必须写在答题卷各题目指定区域内相应位置上;如需改动,先划掉原来的答案,然后再写上新的答案;不准使用铅笔和涂改液,不按以上要求作答的答案无效。
4. 考生必须保持答题卡和答题卷的整洁,考试结束后,将试卷、答题卷和答题卡一并交回。
I . 语言知识及应用(共两节,满分45分)
第一节: 完形填空 (共15小题; 每小题2分,满分30分)
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从 1―15各题所给的A、B、C和D项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该题涂黑。
Kevin is a boy who might be described as &slow&. He didn&t learn his ABCs as fast as other kids. But Kevin people, for his bright smile and big heart won him plenty of friends.
My friend Randy decided they needed boys. up and practiced spot near the free throw line(罚球线). He threw and threw, and it 5 went in.
The team did well but they never won a game that season except the night when it snowed and the opposing team . At the end of the season, the boys played in the church league&s tournament. As the last-place team, they drew the 7 lot(签)of playing against the best team.
Game day arrived. The stood nearly 30 points behind. It was then that one of the boys called timeout. &Coach Randy,& he said, &this is ourgame and Kevin has never made a basket. I think we should let him make a basket.&
wait. When the ball to him, he shot and missed. A moment later, Kevin got the ball again, but shot and missed again.
揭阳市学年度高中二年级学业水平考试英语试题 第1页 (共12页)
what was going on. Both teams circled the boy by this time and all the other players were shouting, &Kevin! Kevin!& Soon everyone in the 13joined in.
Kevin attempted again and again, and one of his shots took a crazy bounce on the basket. Everyone held their 14 .The ball dropped in. Nobody remained 15 . Everyone stood and cheered as if one boy had won a world champion.
That day, an undefeated team kept their perfect record. But everybody won because everybody had participated in a crazy conspiracy(密谋) of kindness.1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15.
A. patient A. basketball A. got A. strange A. randomly A. showed up A. favorite A. reported A. first A. forbidden A. passed A. give up A. school A. hands A. seated
B. familiar B. football B. signed B. special B. automatically B. took off B .difficult B. designed B. last B. wished B. kicked B. bring about B. gym B. breath B. excited
C. popular C. swimming C. went C. wrong C. possibly C. started off C. unfortunate C. arranged C. excellent C. trained C. carried C. figure out C. town C. places C. amazed
D. careful D. climbing D. set D. safe D. occasionally D. gave in D. important D. expected D. poor D. instructed D. shot D. believe in D. team D. ground D. puzzled
第二节: 语法填空(共10小题; 每小题1.5分,满分15分)
阅读下面短文,按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求,在空格处填入一个适当的词或使用括号中词语的正确形式填空,并将答案填写在答题卷标号为16-25的相应位置上。
The style of western art has changed many times, while Chinese art has changed less often. Art is influenced by the customs and16 (believe)of people. During the Middle Ages, the main aim of painters was to represent religious themes. Artists were interested in creating a feeling of respect and
揭阳市学年度高中二年级学业水平考试英语试题 第2页 (共12页)
(try) to paint people and nature as they really were. Masaccio used perspective in his paintings, which made people 19 (convince) they were looking through a hole in the wall at a real scene. In the late 19th century, Europe, 20used to be a mostly agricultural society, changed a great deal into a mostly The impressionists were the (paint) outdoors. They had to paint 23 (quick) and their paintings were not as detailed as those of 24 (early) painters. Today people the beginning of modern art. Some modern art is abstract while some is realistic.
II.阅读(共两节,25题,满分50分)
第一节: 阅读理解 (共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的A、B、C和D项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该题涂黑。
Rachael lives in Wisconsin and has lived there all her life. She is
at first when you are around her, she seems to be very shy. If you get to know her, she&ll start to open up but always keep things to herself.
Sports are something that keeps her going, a way to release stress. Usually, you will see Rachael out with friends or just sitting down reading a good book. She takes pride in the fact that she can read a whole book in one day, and that she still doesn&t consider herself a bookworm.
Some people call Rachael strange because of things she does. She&s learned to disregard what other people think because she just doesn&t care any more. She likes to surround herself with people like her so it makes her feel like she is the less strange one in most situations.
Rachael wants to be two completely different people in her life. A communication journalist for one, she has always wanted to be that person. The second possible career would be a lawyer. It&s a huge goal, and one day you&ll see her doing something she loves.
Influenced by her parents, Rachael enjoys listening to all kinds of music. Rarely, if ever, do you not see her without some sort of music.Every morning you can see Rachael in her bathroom getting
揭阳市学年度高中二年级学业水平考试英语试题 第3页 (共12页)
ready for school with her player at maximum volumn(音量).Her parents always get mad at her about that, but she can&t hear them anyway over the music. They don&t know that she uses their surround sound stereo when they aren&t at home!
26. Rachael likes to be with people like her because________.
A. she only wants to make friends with the people like her B. many people think she is strange and don&t like to be with her C. she knows there are many other people who are also strange D. it makes her feel like she is not so strange as people think
27. The underlined word &disregard& in the third paragraph probably means &_______&.
A. ignore B. realizeC. accept D. mind
28. Rachael&s parents don&t like their daughter to _______.
A. be late for school
B. use their surround sound stereo C. listen to music in the bathroom D. play music so loudly
29. It can be inferred from the passage that______________.
A. Rachael likes to be different from others B. Rachael never reads books carefully C. Rachael will be a lawyer in the future D. Rachael&s parents also like music
30. The passage mentions the following about Rachael EXCEPT her________.
A. hobbyB. personalityC. ideal jobsD. appearance
揭阳市学年度高中二年级学业水平考试英语试题 第4页 (共12页)
Ask someone what they have done to help the environment recently and they will almost certainly mention recycling. Recycling in the home is very important of course. However, being forced to recycle often means we already have more material than we need. We are dealing with the results of that in the greenest way possible, but it would be far better if we did not need to bring so much material home in the first place.
The total amount of packaging increased by 12% between 1999 and 2005. It now makes up a third of a typical household&s waste in the UK. In many supermarkets nowadays food items are packaged twice with plastic and cardboard.
Too much packaging is doing serious damage to the environment. The UK, for example, is running out of it for carrying this unnecessary waste. If such packaging is burnt, it gives off greenhouse gases which go on to cause the greenhouse effect. Recycling helps, but the process itself uses energy. The solution is not to produce such items in the first place. Food waste is a serious problem, too. Too many supermarkets encourage customers to buy more than they need. However, a few of them are coming round to the idea that this cannot continue, encouraging customers to reuse their plastic bags, for example.
But this is not just about supermarkets. It is about all of us. We have learned to associate packaging with quality. We have learned to think that something unpackaged is of poor quality. This is especially true of food. But it also applies to a wide range of consumer products, which often have far more packaging than necessary.
There are signs of hope. As more of us recycle, we are beginning to realise just how much unnecessary material we are collecting. We need to face the wastefulness of our consumer culture, but we have a mountain to climb.
31. What does the underlined phrase &over-consumption& refer to?
A. Using too much packaging. B. Recycling too many wastes.
C. Making more products than necessary. D. Having more material than is needed.
32. The author uses figures in Paragraph 2 to show _______.
揭阳市学年度高中二年级学业水平考试英语试题 第5页 (共12页)
篇三:高二英语普通高中毕业会考试卷
高二英语普通高中毕业会考试卷(一)
一、听力理解(共3节,10小题,10分)
第一节:听句子,从每题A、B、C三个选项中,选出你所听到的句子。每个句子读两遍。共三小题。
1、A.Can you tell me the way to the Summer Place?
B.Can you tell me the way to the Great Wall?
C.Is this the way to the Summer Palace?
2、A.I&d like to have a drink of water.
B.I&m going to get something to eat.
C.I&m going to get something to drink.
3.A.How often do you watch TV before dinner?
B.How often do you read magazines after dinner?
C.How long will it take you to read the magazines?
第二节:听对话及对话后的问题,从每题A、B、C三个选项中,选出能回答该总是的最佳答案。每段对话读两遍。共三小题。
4.A.Coffee. B.Juice. C.Water.
5.A.English. B.Japanese. C.Chinese.
6.A.America.B.France. C.Canada.
第三节:听对话或独白及后面的问题,从每题A、B、C三个选项中,选出能回答该问题的最佳答案。每段对话或独白读两遍。共四小题。
听第一段材料,回答第7题。
7、A.He&ll sow the carrot seeds.
B.He&ll pick the big cabbages.
C.He&ll listen to the weather report.
听第二段材料,回答第8题。
8.A.CookingB.Sports. C.Music.
9.A.99:68. B.103:99 C.94:68.
10.A.The Bears and the Rockets.
B.The Lions and the Rockets.
C.The Lions and the Tigers.
二、单项填空(共19小题,19分)
从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳答案。
11.Japan is ______ Asian country.Its capital is Tokyo.
A.aB.an C.theD.不填
12.The ______ to our school last week came from five different ______.
A.visitor;countryB.visitors;countries
C.visitors;country D.visitor;countries
13.&Where is Miss Green?
&______ is in the reading &room.
A.HeB.She C.HisD.Her
14.The number of the students in our school is one ______ and ______.
A.thousand;fifty B.thousands;fifty
C.thousands;fifties D.thousand;fifties
15.Which country has ______ population,china,Japan or India?
A.large B.largerC.the largerD.the largest
16.& What time is it now? My watch doesn&t ______.
& It&s eight o&clock.
A.fallB.push C.workD.draw
17.The boy will remember the important day ______.
A.just then B.for ever C.by thenD.as a result
18.The meat smells ______.Can I try some,Mum?
A.goodB.terrible C.cleanD.bad
19.A new airport ______ in this city next year.
A.built B.build C.will be builtD.has been built
20.You _____ play football in the street.It&s dangerous.
A.may B.can C.needn&tD.mustn&t
21.&When shall we meet?
&______ seven o&clock ______ the morning.
A.In;at B.At;onC.At;in D.On;at
22.Peter enjoys ______ the Internet,and be can get a lot of information from it.
A.visitingB.visited C.visit D.to visit
23.______ big the room is! I have never seen such a room before.
A.What B.What aC.How D.How a
24.He was forgetful and often asked me ______.
A.where do I live B.where did I live
C.where I lived D.where I live
25.You are not going home ______ you have finished that report.
A.until B.whileC.that D.because
26.Mr.Smith ______ maths since he came to our school.
A.has taught B.is teaching C.would teach D.had taught
27.I&ll give Mary your message when I ______ her.
A.will seeB.would see C.sawD.see
28.I agreed ______ to the cinema with her on Sunday.
A.going B.to goC.goD.went
29.& I&m leaving for New York for a holiday tomorrow.
A.Yes,please.B.Fine,thank you.
C.Nice to meet you. D.Have a good trip!
三、完形填空(共2篇,20小题,20分)
阅读下面两篇短文,掌握其大意,然后从30-49各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳答案。
Abraham Lincoln was born in Kentucky,USA,on February 12th,1809.His mother,who loved him very much,died in 1818.Happily for him,his father&s second wife was ___him too.When she saw that Abraham liked reading,she did all she could to help him.But the .school,perhaps no more than a year in all.
Later he began to work and studied law in his spare time and became a ___ 34 ___.This was a time when there were still slaves in the USA.Lincoln became very interested in ___ 35 ___.He was against slavery.In all his political life,he worked hard to build a free state for all the people.
In 1860,Abraham Lincoln became President of the United States.Then he worked still .of their own,where they would be free to keep black slaves.north and the South.This was the American Civil War,which lasted four years.In the end the North won.free.
30.A.bad B.kind C.hard D.cold
31.A.small B.bigC.rich D.poor
32.A.books B.farmsC.bikesD.houses
33.A.little time B.many yearsC.four years D.few hours
34.A.workerB.doctor C.driver D.lawyer
35.A.sports B.politics C.music D.art
36.A.students B.teachers C.slaves D.children
37.A.get into B.give upC.look atD.set up
38.A.Fighting B.An accident C.Quarrelling D.A storm
39.A.city B.townC.countryD.farm
Bigfoot is a big,hairy,man&like creature (living thing) in the North American stories. .Helen.Some people had gone into the woods to pick fruits,and when they returned to where their cars were parked,they found the huge footprints the area.They rushed to report the finding to the Forest Service Office.
Two Forest Service workers who were ,however,knew the tracks were not ,although they did not say so at the time.Why were they so sure?
As for the Mount St.Helen tracks,in 1982&&&.Rent Mullins,who were working for the Forest Service in 1930,told other people how,,of 9- inch & by-17-inch-feet from a piece of wood.Then,a friend,Bill Lambert,his own feet and walked around the fruit pickers& cars.Mullins and Lambert were at the Forest .
40.A.discoveredB.followed C.left outD.found out
41.A.showing B.circlingC.crossing D.covering
42.A.frightened B.careless C.presentD.popular
43.A.bothB.ones C.thoseD.these
44.A.storyB.matter C.accident D.event
45.A.told B.realized C.remembered D.admitted
46.A.picker B.trick C.comedy D.worker
47.A.formedB.carved C.fittedD.built
48.A.woreB.dressedC.fastened D.measured
49.A.tired B.wounded C.satisfied D.excited
四、阅读理解(共3部分,13小题,26分)
A)阅读下面短文,从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳答案。
Ali is from a Middle Eastern country.He now stays in the USA.He smokes a lot of cigarettes every day.He has smoked for nine years.Ali says,& I tried to quit(放弃) smoking in my hometown,but it was impossible.My brothers smoke.All my friends smoke.At parties and at meetings,almost all the men smoke.Here in the United States,not as many people smoke.I
t will be easier to change my habit here.&
Many smokers are like Ali: they want to stop smoking.The smokers know that smoking is bad for their health.They know it can cause cancer and heart disease.But it is difficult for them to give up smoking because cigarettes have a drug in them.The drug is nicotine.People who smoke a lot need nicotine.
When a person first begins to smoke,he usually feels terrible.The nicotine makes him sick.In a few days,the smoker&s body is used to the nicotine,and he feels fine.Later,the smoker needs nicotine to keep feeling fine.Without nicotine,he feels bad.
It is very hard to quit smoking,and many people who quit will soon smoke again.At a party or at work they will decide to smoke &just one& cigarette.Then they will smoke another cigarette,and another.Soon they become smokers again.Maybe there is only one easy way to quit smoking:never start.
50.Ali has smoked for ______ years.
A.nine B.sevenC.five D.three
51.The smokers know that smoking is ______.
A.interesting to stop B.easy to stop
C.bad for their healthD.good for their health
52.A.Cigarettes have ______ in them.
A.medicine B.nicotineC.smoke D.salt
53.A.Without nicotine,the smokers feel ______.
A.fine B.happy C.worried D.bad
54.It is very ______ to quit smoking,and many people who quit will soon smoke again.
A.hard B.sick C.easy D.good
55.By writing this text,the writer hopes that people will ______.
A.stay in their hometownB.never start smoking
C.eat less and smoke more D.not live in the United States
B)下面两题选自英语读物internet Detectives 1《网络侦探1》,根据该故事内容,按照要求回答下面各题。
56、阅读下面选自Internet Detectives 1《网络侦探1》的文段,从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出能回答问题的最佳答案。
&You&ve been very brave,& Said Mr Zanelli.His voice was a mix of pride and relief. &So were these two,& said Rob,indicating Tamsyn and Josh.&When they did come in,Hicks did his best to scare them off.I&m surprised they didn&t run for it.&
&I was ready to,& said Tamsyn.& If Josh hadn&t stayed&&& She turned to Josh.&Now I come to think of it&&why did you stay? You were the one who was telling me all along that Rob&s message was a joke.&
Josh shrugged modestly.&It was Hicks.When he started blasting off at us I realized it was for real.&
& I don&t follow,& said Rob.
&Simple.He was yelling at us to go &and yet the door had been opened for us.It hadn&t been opened by him,so it had to have been opened by somebody else&somebody who didn&t want us to go!& He grinned at Rob.& And that had to be you!&
Which of the following is true?
A.When Tamsyn and Josh arrived at Rob&s house,Hicks opened the door and did his best to scare them off.
B.When Hicks wanted Tamsyn and Josh to go away,Josh realized that Hicks was not the person who opened the door for them.
C.When Tamsyn and Josh arrived,Hicks did his best to stop Rob from opening the door for them.
D.When Josh came in,he realized that it was Rob who opened the door for them.
57.下面a.b.c.d.e为Internet Detectives 1《网络侦探》故事中的情节。根据故事情节的发展,从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出排序正确的选项。
a.&Lauren said the map shows where Rob lives,& said Tamsyn.&It must be the region of that letter Z.&
b.At the command of the policeman in charge the cellar door was opened,and a pair of handcuffs was snapped on to Brett Hicks& wrists the moment he came out.
c.Quickly,he flicked on the Caps Lock key and began to type&&TAMSYN,GET HELP&&
d.&Abbey School&,read the line.Moving the mouse pointer up to the line,Rob clicked again.He hoped the school would actually let some of the kids use the Internet.
e.&TAMSYN,GET HELP&.&In capitals,& said Tamsyn.&In an e-mail,Rob said that was like shouting.&
A.b.c.e.d.aB.c.b.d.e.a
C.e.c.a.d.bD.d.c.e .a.b
C)阅读下面短文,克服生词困难,获取所需信息,根据本文内容按要求从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳答案。
BOOKING YOUR FLIGHT
When you book your flight,look for nonstop flights and remember that &direct& flights stop at least once.Try to avoid connecting flights,which require (demand) a change of plane.Two airlines may jointly operate a connecting flight,so ask if your airline operates every part &&you may find that your preferred carrier flies you only part of the way.
【高二英语】相关内容

我要回帖

更多关于 高中英语选择题 的文章

随机推荐