please rape me%20tell%20me%...

to add this game to your wishlist or mark as not interested
Buy 4089: Ghost Within
$7.99 USD
"Developer Phr00t delivers a well made, and entertaining title. With features like Oculus Rift and Mod Support, giving you bang for your buck!"
Read the full review .
Recent updates
9 February
Phr00t's Software is hosting a giveaway for Gear Up, worth $19.99:
4 February
Phr00t's Software is hosting a giveaway for the popular game, Gravity Ghost!
Enter here:
About This Game
Sneak & battle your way through a procedurally generated mothership in this stealth action RPG! Supports user content & the Oculus Rift!
Please follow Phr00t's Software for giveaways, updates & more!
4089 takes many of the things you loved from 3079 & 3089, like character customization via stat points, grappling hooks, special powers, building options, futuristic settings, random enemies, weapons, and environments. Then, it presents itself in a much more focused game that gets you into the action easier and faster. 4089 takes more influence from the roguelike genre & has more emphasis on stealthy elements than ever before.
You'll be able to battle & sneak through a procedurally designed ship. Hack cameras & locked doors. Build walls for cover. Break down secret walls to discover new paths. Choose whether you are playing for the full adventure, or just a quick challenge. Edit or create your own rooms, enemies, weapons, textures, models & sounds, then share them with the world!
4089: Ghost Within has 3 game modes, &Normal& mode (skill points are lost at death), &Limited Lives& mode (no skill points are lost, but you only have 4 lives) & &Permadeath& mode (you only have 1 life).
Also, find out how the worlds of 3079 & 3089 connect in this sequel and decide what to do with the all powerful Overlord.
Game requires Java 8+ for support, although Java7+ may work. If you are having trouble installing or running 4089, please uninstall old versions of Java & re-install the latest from .
Read the primer here:
System Requirements
SteamOS + Linux
Minimum:
Processor: Dual-core
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: Dedicated 3D acceleration (Intel HD etc. not supported)
DirectX: Version 9.0
Hard Drive: 200 MB available space
Sound Card: OpenAL supported
Additional Notes: Java 8 required (Java 7 might work, though)
Recommended:
Processor: Quad-core
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA or ATI (Intel HD etc. not supported)
DirectX: Version 9.0
Sound Card: Open AL supported
Minimum:
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Recommended:
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Minimum:
Memory: 200 MB RAM
Recommended:
Memory: 200 MB RAM
More like this
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
4.6 hrs on record
The latest offering from Phr00t, 4089 has the player take control of an infiltration droid, sent to investigate a cube-shaped mothership that has begun orbiting the planet featured in 3079.Gameplay involves investigating rooms for recharges, weapons, and other items, while dealing with various robots that serve a these enemies may be destroyed or avoided as per your play style. There are skills the player character has relating to elements such as health, damage, energy, as well as skills for stealth, hacking, and construction tasks. These skills can be increased by collecting a particula each one provides an extra point that can be assigned to any of the available skills.Difficulty is relatively high, although the player can choose whether to play in &Challange& mode (Perma-death) or &Adventure& mode (infinite lives, but lose a random skill point upon death). Enemies are fairly accurate, so dodging is a
a quick-dodge can be obtained with enough skill points in Agility.Pros:*Immediate action*Rogue- enemies and hackable devices do not scale to your level of power*Adjacent rooms can be on any side of any room (top & bottom included), creating a 3-dimensional network*diversity of combat skills include creating decoys, phasing (time-warp dodging), and sticking to wallsCons:*Music is good, but due to the pace of the game, it becomes repetitive*Jumping is over- jump height can not be controlled (as was an option in 3089)*Traversing the seams between rooms (doorways included) cause the player character to slow down (due to the angle being so acute)***The issue with the room seams can be solved by reintroducing the variable jump, or by flattening the angle of the seam edge.NOTE: Be sure to read the informati 4089 is not meant to be an open-world experience like 3089 is. Also, the player character in 4089 is a robot designed for infiltration, where-as the player character in 3089 is an experimental combat this is why the weapons system in 4089 is simplified when compared to 3089's.
Was this review helpful?
1 person found this review funny
0.4 hrs on record
I wanted to like this game, I really did, it has many of the same great aspects of 3089, but the hacking, and the randomly generated levels are not fun. The combat is marginally dumbed down, with that sick time slowing feature removed, along with early access to invisibility, alongside that gun that let you teleport, alongside the hoverboard and I haven't encountered some of the gun types I encountered in 3089. The omission of melee weapons irritated me a great deal. I don't care how objectively strong they were in 3089, they were fun, and a great addition and I see no reason to remove them. Also, you no longer have any armor or chips. These simplifications are irritating, but they wouldn't matter if the game stood on its own as a fun roguelike, and it doesn't. The hacking is unbearable and the combat is irritating. The enemies' projectiles borderline home in on you which requires you to play stupidly safe, and the hacking, oh god. The hacking is essentially based on whether you can luckily get through the one correct path quickly enough, and if you're unlucky enough to make two bad moves in a row or to run out of time you take damage. Now this would be fine but you absolutely have to hack to win the game and there is no way to make hacking easier and it is not a fun challenge. Hacking is like a maze which you have to navigate really quickly, with no inherent idea of which way is corrrect, and I feel it's just too hard. Sometimes you can avoid hacking by using vents in the roof, but sometimes you cannot, and the hacking really turns me off of this game.This game does get better as you go on, but difficulty, and more importantly fun, as in most rogue likes, is largely determined by luck. It is because of that, the impact luck has on the game, that I didn't like it.
Was this review helpful?
0.5 hrs on record
I have been a fan of Phr00t's works since they were released on steam, and this game is really clever, I wasnt expecting much as its a different style of play compared to 3079 and 3089 but its because of that reason it offers you more.So its a stealth action game, And to me that basically says, &Stealth is not a priority, But its an option& and that personally is the best way to play the game.I cant see myself sneaking around everywhere but this game has clever tactics you can use, Like jumping on corners of walls and holding yourself against that wall just so you are off the ground from enemies, and grappling away to the other side of the room.Also the mothership is a CUBE! This may not seem all interesting, But as a fan of the movie cube this is actually really awesome as everything is divided into cubes as you would expect, but also you can be in a room where you may be able to go up, or down to another area instead of just going through corridors all the time, theres also a good amount of variation as its not always square to square room you go through.As for the other stuff, Yeah it has pickups and stuff as you expect but i have not played enough to comment on items avalible, It has the key mechanics of a great game though.
Was this review helpful?
0.3 hrs on record
Hey everybody! I work for Grab The Games website and I have done a first look of what this game is all about. So come check it out and let me know what you guys think about the game and my review.
Was this review helpful?
0.4 hrs on record
I am the musician behind Phroot's game 4089 and if it wasn't for my friend I wouldn't of known that he would eventually put my music that I made for him on 4089. At first I didn't know exactly what it was going to be like. But I found myself I always did techno like music in the first place. So it wasn't hard for me to put atmosphere into the background for a 4089 soundtrack. But I did it with love and hoping people would enjoy maybe listening to something different that would have more of soul and feel into it. As for the 6 other tracks I did I was estatic that my first 6 tracks was chosen by Phroot for his game. I never thought of my music being part of a game one day but here I stand corrected that it was finally a dream come true. The game itself was perfect for my style of music I usually create. As for the game itself its pretty interesting I can tell you that. You have to use stealth alot and I use my arm to attack enemies as that seems to be the best weapon in the game when first starting. PROS:-Music is of course awesome with the game-Game has a really good feeling to it when playing it.-The atmosphere is great and the enemies you can tell when there is one near as the music will tell youCONS: -My friend told me that there isn't any fades between music that plays. Which I agree it could use some sort of fade in effect to smooth out the music while playing the game.-I'm trying to see if there is going to be more corridor and bigger rooms that needs to climb and stealth on in the near future.-Puzzle solving in rooms would be awesome too. Instead of just always hacking a console.
Was this review helpful?
3.8 hrs on record
Out of all the games the dev has made this one would have to be the hardest which in my opinion i enjoy more, it creates a challenge and give you tense moments near death and immense satisfaction when you survive. The new level editor is awesome feature if you wish to let your mind roam free and challenge mode for if you're wishing to be hardcore 10/10
Was this review helpful?
2.1 hrs on record
i love the game, reminds me of some of the old school games except with better graphics. really fun and challenging. if you are having problems with the game starting up, visit the forums, the developer
(Phr00t) is on the forums and is awesome and really helps you
Was this review helpful?
10.5 hrs on record
4089 is a First Person Shooter Dungeaon Crawler, featuring custom stats, user content, and quite a bit more. There are more detailed reviews then this already out and I highly doubt I can do better. This is mostly to give the game another positive review.There are not too many rooms right now, but I'd imagine that will be addressed, this game is also quite hard, but it is enjoyable. Recommended to fans of roguelikes, dungeon crawlers and First Person Shooters.
Was this review helpful?
1.9 hrs on record
I don't have much experience with writing reviews, so please bear with me.The Bad:While it's true that the way you spend your statpoints has a big impact on your playstyle, your playstyle is usually determined by the weapons you find.And even though there are many different weapons, you only find few in one playthrough (4 in my most recent playthrough). It seems that the way to go is seeing which weapon you get at the beginning and then building your stats around that weapon, or restarting.Stealth seems underpowered. Yes, being seen later by enemies is good, but the invisibility mechanic eats a lot of energy, especially since you want to land a powerful hit for bonus damage when coming out of it, which leads to the next point.Energy, as was explained to me, only regenerates by itself for 30%. Meaning if you go for a while spending much energy without finding energy pickups or recharge stations, you'll be suffering from a decreased energy pool (especially since you will rarely have weapons for both high energy usage and low energy usage.)The death mechanic seems counterintuitive. When you die you respawn in an empty room nearby and lose 1 stat point. Stat points can't be found infinitely, meaning each death makes you weaker.The Good:Even though you can't customize your playstyle as you want in every playthrough (and have a chance at victory), it is very enjoyable to pick up your starting weapon and find a way to make it work.Movement with the grapling hook feels pretty good, and 3d maneuving makes for interesting fights.The game is challenging (a good kind of challenging if you look beyond the bad points) and the randomly generated dungeon definitely makes it replayable. Also, if you die, (there's a permadeath and limited lives option) you can quickly find yourself in a new game, like in any good roguelike.Additionally, something I don't value personally that much, but I know that other gamers do, the game has decent graphic options, AA up to x16, and a field of view setting, among others.Fazit:If you like challenging roguelikes, and some of the mechanics that hinder either your playtyle or chances of success get balanced or changed, I can definitely reccomend this. In the current version (v1.130), it felt unfair or frustrating sometimes, and I had to restart, but most of the time it was fun.
Was this review helpful?
2.7 hrs on record
4089 has all the ingredients that make a great game:- Randomly connected rooms / randomly placed enemies for replayability- A stats and weapon upgrade system to customize your playstyle- Very challenging and, at times frustratingly difficult once you get to around your 30th room.- A grappling hook!- Some weapons have extra abilities such as leeching health, etc.- A developer that updates frequently and listens to their playerbase- Space!- A psychopathic female A.I. reminiscent of the HAL 9000, that taunts and mocks your inferiority/humanity throughout the game.But to make this game even better I have some wishes/suggestions:- It would be nice if the grappling hook was something you could bind to a 3rd mouse button and use in conjunction with your weapon (or to have that be an upgrade). Also it would be nice if the grappling hook would shoot a bit faster so you could use it to gain momentum and fly around like a monkey D-
As of me writing this review, the gameplay and difficulty you have through each playthrough depends on which weapons you happen to be given. Throughout all the rooms, it's very rare to find new weapons to choose from. It would be nice if there were a choice of a few different weapons right at the beginning which you could then upgrade through the playthrough.- The music is good but gets a bit repetitive, t'would be great if there were just a few more tracks.- Every time I start the game I have to re-set my antialiasing settings at the settings screen, it doesn't seem to save each time. Not a biggie, just a little annoying.- Setting down blocks is a bit pointless at the moment, seeing as you cant really duck to take cover behind them. Instead of blocks it'd be much better if you could place something else to start such as mines, traps, jump pads, gravity field ca)
Was this review helpful?
0.9 hrs on record
Well what can I say? Phr00t has a unique way of naming his games :) I have the 2 previous games, and when I realised 4089 was released I bought it immediately.This game is more FPS than RPG, when compared to previous games. Granted I've only run around maybe 10 to 15 rooms altogether (I keep getting lost! I really need to map it out) so far, but I have not seen the same kind of &RPG-ness& prevalent in previous games 3079 and 3089. At best you only can allocate skill points to your various attributes... and you can pickup and change weapons.But there's no real &inventory& (yet?) to speak of, no armour, not crafting etc.The grappling hook is still there, and it's your starter weapon... so yeah you can swing around the place like Tarzan, reaching weird corners in rooms to find powerups and weapons.As an FPS, it's fun... it's frantic... and sometimes frustrating cuz I keep going around to visited-rooms. You can do the &go in guns blazing& thing or you can do the &sneaking around& thing too... depends on which attributes you've selected to increase. Also, on the whole it has a pretty &old-school& feel to it too. Many modern FPSes have in-game maps and waypoints to show you where to go... 4089 doesn't. I probably would have to get a pen and paper and map the rooms out and show how they are connected :pOne of the highlights for my games is that I keep hearing how the Overlord keeps trying to justify their actions. Kind of like the, in the movies, the serial killer keeps taunting you as you're running around.One major new addition is probably the moddability support built into the game - right on the main menu there is a &Room Viewer& and you can edit and create your own rooms to add into the game. Full instructions are provided at the game's website.
Was this review helpful?
8.3 hrs on record
Here's a quick 5 minute video showing off the gameplay aspects of 4089 Ghost Within. And please, don't be rude. I've literally never done a 'first look' at a game before, )If you do not wish to watch the video, I can provide a small list of pros and cons (however few cons there might be).(Spoiler alert: I' in favor of this game)PROS:-Fluid Gameplay-Running Extremely high FPS (well into the thousands)-Good Stat System makes for easy leveling (Without grinding for hours)-Gunplay feels great-Don't feel overpowered immediately-Great Music and Sound Effects-Game changes environment and guns every time you load a new file-Grappling works like spiderman-Pick up 'parts' for guns to automatically make it into something slightly different. (ie: pick up a piece that adds stun)CONS:-Enemies are EXTREMELY tough. They have high accuracy, and high damage. YOU WILL DIE-Hacking terminals might need a small explanation to players who have never done this sort of thing ever-Some people might want multiplayer-Might need a hitmarker to actually know if we are hitting enemies-No steam overlay, since the program is run out of CMD (Might wanna do a small patch of this or something)-Lose stat points if you die (Lose one stat on anything at random)Overall, this game is quite simple, but extremely enjoyable for hours and hours. The difficulty might make it hard for some people to get into it, whereas 'verterans' of the series or other fps' might make this out to be pretty standard in difficulty. Enemies seem wayyyyyyyyy too overpowered in terms of accuracy and damage. If you get overwhelmed, you're as good as dead. If you have played Dark Souls, this should be just the right amount of dying to make it still enjoyable. Getting frustrated is just part of the game, and if that makes you not enjoy it, then don't get it.(( I WILL CONTINUE TO UPDATE THIS IF I CHANGE MY OPINION ON ANYTHING, ALSO IF YOU GUYS HAVE QUESTIONS, SHOOT ME A PM OR COMMENT ON THIS POST, AND HOPEFULLY I'LL BE ABLE TO HELP :DD ))
Was this review helpful?
0.5 hrs on record
It's a nice Roguelike - FPS - Building mashup.
Has a great deal of depth with your builds whether you want to go from full on destroyer of worlds mode with everything into health and damage to patient assassin builds with tons of stealth to the engineering tech savant and place blocks to keep from getting punished. It's very difficult for me, but I'm not the best FPS player so it may just be my lack of skill.
I haven't found a secret room yet, but I know they are there, which is always a nice bonus.
The graphics are going to be a turnoff for some, it's just how it goes in today's world of AAA releases with trash gameplay.
Seems to have a bit of social commentary with the Ship's dialogue.
A quick note, the developer has already patched in mouse look sensitivity so he's clearly on top of things.
A very big positive The Quick Rundown - Style - Roguelike FPS RPG The Good Stuff Gameplay - Has depth with character builds, allows for multiple styles of play.
It's very hard for me so I am going to rate the challenge at just right for FPS players.
++Replayability - It's a procedurally generated roguelike, so if you feel the need I'm sure you could put over 100 hours into it. ++Story - Social commentary on the manipulation of humanity through fear and hatred.
+ (though some may not like it)The Bad StuffGraphics - People are going to be turned off by them.
They are functional, but don't seem very aesthetically pleasing. -Sound - Again not too great. -Overall Value - Well worth the cost of ownership.
Was this review helpful?
1.9 hrs on record
4089: Ghost Within brings us familar features and elements. While not graphically superior, the game still hits all the right marks and is very well made!I made a video review to show off some of the features and gameplay of this game!I hope you enjoy!Martyr
Was this review helpful?
3.2 hrs on record
Gameplay Video:First of all, this is a hard game. You will most likely have to replay a few times to get the hang on it.There are 2 modes: adventure and challenge, so far the only difference iv seen is challenge is basicly hardcore mode. Meaning you have just 1 life. But with adventure mode dieing to many times will also mean you have to restart the game.Cause every time you die you lose 1 stat point. Its a good game to just play for a few hours and play again over time.I give it 7 out of 10 points. Music fits well with the surroundings and a hardcore game! Something I can enjoy :D
Was this review helpful?
3.6 hrs on record
4089 is quite a diffrent game from the prevouis games its up to you to decided if that is bad for youthis is a very distilled game, it does away with the open world, quests, large Inventoriesinstead giving you three weapon slots, skills are based on pick upsinstead it rewarding by killing or obejctives instead playing how you want to play as in if you want to sneak, if you want to fight, ect,
and does have a perma death challange modeit is a challenging game and sometimes you can't win with your current stratagies and taticsinstread of a
randomly generated world that could hicup and produce some weird things (merging buldings, moutian buldings, trees in buildings, trees forming together, buildings with only one type of vender koisks but have five of them)instead uses hand crafted rooms (soon the Playerbase of 4089 can make) to shape the world
again its quite diffrent so does that make it bad? no it doesn't
Was this review helpful?
1.9 hrs on record
i need a map
Was this review helpful?
1 person found this review funny
1.0 hrs on record
In comparison to previous games, I feel its a step away from rpg and more fps. While it tried to do the whole FPS rouge, it didn't include permadeath. Instead it drops some of your stats on death with no way of reclaiming it. Stats are gained by an item you pick up that are generated on room creation. Enemies cannot as far as I've seen drop the stat increasing item. There is no difficulty setting for the game, there is no go back to previous areas to get stronger, there is only keep moving forward untill you feel like its impossible.
Was this review helpful?
0.7 hrs on record
It was fun.
I am not to good at these games. But
If you like these FPS rouge-likes then this one is good one to have.
If you are more on the fence Check out some game play footage.
If you are not into these types of games this one doesn't have anything to pull you into it.
Was this review helpful?
17.2 hrs on record
4089 has basic but solid gameplay. Every playthrough, the player gets a different layout of rooms and available weapons, ensuring high replay value. Also check out the Steam forums for more content made by the community (for example by me!).
Was this review helpful?
Loading reviews...
Languages:
Full audio
Title: 4089: Ghost Within
Genre: , ,
Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 9 Jan, 2015
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &

我要回帖

更多关于 please rape me 的文章

随机推荐