Closenesu英文翻译软件

Jessica在北京学汉语,她的中国朋友要是遇到了不知道用美语怎么说的词,就会来请教她。今天是怡茹要问的:大片。
YR: Jessica, 你今天晚上有空么?Let me treat you to a big movie.
JESSICA: 啊?a big movie?
YR: 对啊!我想请你看大片儿!就是最近特火的那部好莱坞电影!
JESSICA: Oh! You're talking about the Hollywood blockbuster that's been on since yesterday. We use the word &blockbuster& to describe films that have big production, widespread popularity and financial success.
YR: 我明白了,大片儿在美语里就是blockbuster. B-l-o-c-k-b-u-s-t-e-r, blockbuster. 就是大制作,大宣传,票房收益又好的电影。
JESSICA: 没错!怡茹, why do you want to go watch this blockbuster? 看电影可不便宜!
YR: 嗨,轻松轻松呗!再说,There are a lot of movie stars in this blockbuster. It must be a good movie!
JESSICA: Well, not all star-studded movies have good stories or acting.
YR: 等等,你刚才说star-studded,这是什么意思?
JESSICA: Star-studded is spelled s-t-a-r-s-t-u-d-d-e-d. It means a great proportion of the actors in a movie are well-known.
YR: 我明白了,star-studded 意思就是众星云集,明星大荟萃。
JESSICA: Yes. For example, you can say, &I want to watch this movie because it has a star-studded cast.&
YR: I see. 哎,快过春节了,Quite a few star-studded movies are coming out for the holiday season.
JESSICA: They are all festive to keep up with the holiday spirit.
YR: 贺岁片当然是轻松喜庆啦,谁要在节日看大哭片儿嘛!对了,特别赚人眼泪,让人感动或者难过的哭片,要怎么说呢?
JESSICA: Those movies are called tearjerker. T-e-a-r-j-e-r-k-e-r, tearjerker. A tearjerker is a sentimental movie or performance that intends to move its audience to tears.
YR:I don't like tearjerkers─I only watch movies that make me laugh!
JESSICA: Good for you! Now let's see what you've learned today!
YR: 大片儿是blockbuster; 众星云集的是 star-studded;催人泪下的哭片则是tearjerker.WeChat Now Lets You Recall Sent Messages
WeChat is the latest messaging app to take a leaf out of Snapchat’s “ephemeral” book, introducing a new feature on the WeChat iOS app that lets you recall the last message you sent within two minutes. All you have to do is long-press the message to activate a series of options, click ‘Unsend’ and the message will disappear from both your chat screen and the recipient’s. The feature also works on photos.
The WeChat update is now live for the iOS app, but those with Android devices have to wait for a while before you get the option — after all, a new update has just rolled out to the
that introduced a new message translation feature already present on iOS devices.
Though the recall feature doesn’t technically bring WeChat into the ephemeral messaging space since you have to delete the messages manually, the fact that you can now do so is a nod to the appeal of fleeting messages that Snapchat pioneered. On the other hand, Snapchat recently made a move to become like other mainstream messaging apps by .
In the meantime, the iOS version of WeChat’s Chinese counterpart, Weixin, has also received an update today that lets users deposit money into their wallet within the app, then transfer money to their friends or make payments directly without having to leave the app.
Enabling one-click payment is a major step forward in beefing up Weixin’s e-commerce ecosystem, as it cuts down the number of steps involved in making purchases in-app. Since users already have money within their wallet, they don’t have to allow access to their online banking account over and over again.
The app update comes after Tencent made a move recently to
within Weixin. Earlier this year, Tencent marked its e-commerce ambitions by purchasing a 15 percent stake in Chinese online , and an additional five percent after its , which raised $1.78 billion.
? WeChat |
? Weixin |
Read next:
Happy to hear your thoughts
on Twitter.
Kaylene Hong was Asia Reporter for The Next Web between 2013 and 2014, based in Singapore. She is bilingual in English and Mandarin. Stay in touch via
Posts / mo.
Shh. Here's some distraction
Prefer to get the news as it happens? Follow us on social media.
1.65M followers
763K likesWhat You Need To Know About The Keystone XL Oil Pipeline : NPR中国姓氏英文翻译大全_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
中国姓氏英文翻译大全
上传于||暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用1下载券
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩36页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢

我要回帖