高中英语完形填空空here ( )some of ben's

完形填空。Benis①someplans②hissumme
完形填空。
&&&&&&&& Ben&is& ①&&some&plans& ②&&his&summer&holiday.&&③&&July,&he&wants&to&finish&his&homework&and&he&would like&&④&&&some&housework&at&home.&&Sometimes,&he& ⑤&&for&his&parents.&In&August,&he&&⑥&&&the&Internet&and&play&computer&games&&⑦&&&Sundays.&He&will&go&on&an&outing&with&his&friends&every&Saturday&morning.&&But&the&most&important&day&is&the&19th&of&October.&&⑧&&&that&day,&he&is&going&to&&&⑨&&&a&singing&contest&with&Nancy,Lucy,&David&and&Tom&at&the&Sun&Theatre.&During&the&last&ten&days&of&the&holiday,&he&is&going&to&&⑩ &movie&withhis&parents.&&Then,&he&must&prepare&for&the&new&term.&&&&&&&&&&&
(&&&& )①A. made&&&&& (&&&& )②A. for&&&&&& (&&&& )③A. In(&&&& )④A. doing&&&& (&&&& )⑤A. will cook (&&&& )⑥A. surfed&&& (&&&& )⑦A. in&&&&&&& (&&&& )⑧A. In&&&&&&& (&&&& )⑨A. join&&&&& (&&&& )⑩A. see&&&&&&
B. making&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. to&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. On&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. do&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. cooked&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. is going to surf&&&&B. on&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. On&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. takes&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. saw&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
C. makes&&&&&&&&&&&&C. on&&&&&&&&&C. During&&&&&&C. to do&&&&&&& C. cooks&&&&&&&&&&& C. surfs&&&&&&&&&&&&C. under&&&&&&C. Up&&&&&&&&&&C. take part inC. watch&&&&&&&
D. is making&&&&D. of&&&D. Up&&&&&&D. did&&&& D. is cooking&& D. to surf&&&&&D. to&&&&D. With&&D. part in&D. look&&&&
&&本列表只显示最新的10道试题。初一英语下期完形填空复习题_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
初一英语下期完形填空复习题
关​于​初​一​英​语​下​学​期​的​完​型​填​空​练​习​,​题​量​深​浅​不​一
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
想免费下载本文?
你可能喜欢Party Ben - Music Downloads
The Police vs. Snow Patrol
&Every Car You Chase (The Snow Police)& (2007)
Right-click to download:
Back in '07, I couldn't decide which was a better name, &Snow Police&
or &Every Car You Chase,& so I used both. The original version of this mashup uses only the publicly available single versions of both songs (no acapellas, just careful editing). Listen to it below, or download above.
In 2011, when Sony Pictures came calling, I put together a new better-sounding semi-officially-sanctioned version using the full original stems of both songs
film &Just Go With It,& but unfortunately (?) it can only be heard in the movie and I can't make it available for download, although I have posted it for streaming only on Soundcloud:
Beyonce vs. the Andy Griffith Theme
&Single Ladies (In Mayberry)& (2008)
Right-click to download:
A ridiculous combo that got a smidgen of laughs when I put together in late 2008 and then had another middling spurt of interest in late '09/early '10. Looking forward to the 2014 revival. Cory Doctorow of Boing Boing
which is probably the kindest possible description of my work.
Green Day vs. Oasis vs. Travis vs. Eminem
"Boulevard of Broken Songs" (Version 1 Remaster) (2004)
Right-click to download:
I made the first version of &Boulevard& as the finale of my LIVE 105 Sixx Mixx show on October 1st, 2004. I wanted to use Aerosmith's &Dream On& for the end, but was finishing it just minutes before the show's 6:00pm air time, and that song wasn't in the studio or on iTunes at the time (this was back before you could just download anything whenever, kids). But I suddenly remembered
Eminem's &Sing (For the Moment)& sampled &Dream On,& and that was in the studio, so I used that instead. My original intention was to use Aerosmith, though, so I eventually made the version below...
Green Day vs. Oasis vs. Travis vs. Aerosmith
"Boulevard of Broken Songs" (Version 2 Remaster) (2005?)
Right-click to download:
This is the second version, but I prefer it, since it's what I wanted to make in the first place. Its first appearance was on
but I can't remember exactly when I made it, I'm pretty sure it must have been 2005. Bit of trivia, this actually uses
two versions of "Dream On,& the
original album version and a live performance with the supremely hokey extend-o ending
followed by stadium cheers. Over the year's I've made three or four remixes of it attempting to cheekily capitalize on its status as my &hit& (see below and the Soundcloud box above).
Chemical Brothers vs. John Williams
&Galvanize the Empire& (2007)
Right-click to download:
Original Version:
Slightly Shorter/Newer Edit:
Galvanize the Ghetto Rerub:
I'd been playing Z-Trip's &Empire Strikes Back& mix out and about, so that sort of inspired this. It of course took me a few months to realize the &Empire& theme was in the same key as &Galvanize,& which is sad because &Galvanize& came out right around the same time as Episode III and I could totally have syngergized this mix into cross-promotional
pop-cultural dominance if I hadn't been a year late.
So the list below is incomplete both due to my own neglect and the nature of my work. I've made tons of DJ edits, special mixes for radio shows, prototype minute-long mashups that got one or two spins in the Sixx Mixx, etc., so it's hard to really quantify how many mashups or remixes I've made over the years. And of course, on my radio shows and in my DJ sets I've featured many other producers' tracks, which are incorrectly attributed to me now and then around the internets.
So if there's something you're looking for that you can't find,
you're always welcome to get in touch at
and ask me about it, and I'll do my best to help.
For radio shows like House Nation and Subsonic,
live DJ sets, promo mixes, etc., please go to . And of course the Sixx Mixxes are over on .
New Order vs. Adele
&Set Fire to True Faith&
Right-click to download:
Rihanna vs. John Cougar
&What's My Name, Jack&
Right-click to download:
Click to play:
Duck Sauce vs. Michael Jackson
&Beat Sauce& (Version 2)
Right-click to download:
SUMMER REMIX FUN PAK
Cali Swag District - Teach Me How to Dougie (Party Ben's Teach Me How to Be More Like Bart B More Remix)
Felguk vs. Katy Perry - California Clever
Madonna - Hung Up (Party Ben's Jacked Up Remix)
Duck Sauce vs. Michael Jackson - Beat Sauce (VERSION 1)
Steve Angello vs. Pitbull - KNAS / Go Girl
Far East Movement - Like a G6 (Party Ben's G7 Summit Remix)
Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me (Everybody's Cooler than Party Ben Remix)
Nancy Sinatra vs. Janelle Mon&e
&This Tightrope's Made for Walkin'&
Right-click to download:
Click to play:
A Taste of Honey vs. Ke$ha
&Boogie Tikkie Tokkie&
Right-click to download:
Green Day vs. Oasis vs. Tonka/Black Noise
&Boulevard of Broken Songs (2010 Remix)&
Right-click to download:
Simian Mobile Disco vs. Rufus & Chaka Khan
&Nobody's Intentions&
Right-click to download:
Daft Punk vs. Queen
&Another One Bites Da Funk& (2009 Redo)
Right-click to download:
I made the first version of this for. I think. Who knows. I mean, I wasn't paying much attention. But anyway, the combination showed up in a video game (thanks for asking me, by the way, DJ Hero), and so I thought I'd cash in on its notoriety by remastering it and making a cute new cover. And when I say &cash in,& I mean, not get any cash.
Commodores vs. Rolling Stones
&Machine Gun Shelter&
Right-click to download:
Yppah vs. Stevie Wonder
&Uptight Gumball&
Right-click to download:
Coldplay vs. Sebastian Ingrosso
&Laktos Scientist&
Right-click to download:
I'd been hearing &Laktos& around and I was like, &huh, those happy little chords sound familiar.& So, slap a vocal and some echo over the top and you got yourself a jam.
MSTRKRFT (Bloody Beetroots remix) vs. Class Action
&(All I Do Is) Party Time&
Right-click to download: I mean, seriously. Both these songs are about the party! And that's my name!
Bat for Lashes vs. Shawn Christopher / Egostereo
&Another Sleepless Night Alone&
Right-click to download: How great is Bat for Lashes' album, Two Suns? Maybe I'm a total girl (maybe!) but I really identified, lyrically, with &What's a Girl to Do,& and Natasha's really hit the nail on the head again with &Sleep Alone.& Sigh. But more than anything, the song's hypnotic rhythm cries out for a trance-y remix. Of course I'm too lazy to go and make my own beats, so I just go looking for something in the same key, and I remember Egostereo's chilly remix of the Shawn Christopher classic &Another Sleepless Night,& which turns out to also have a nice lyrical similarity as well. Bonus.
The Cars vs. Lady Gaga
&Poker Face (Just What I Needed)&
Right-click to download:
And the award for &laziest mashup title& goes to... Well, damn, you try and think of a better one. &Just What I Poked&? Anyway, I'd been wanting to make something out of this classic Cars track for a while, but there's no instrumental, so I kind of had to build one.
Evelyn &Chapagne& King vs. Kid Cudi
&Shame (At Nite)&
Right-click to download:
And the award for &laziest mashup& goes to... Okay, not like there's anything wrong with the
Crookers mix, but sometimes you don't necessarily have a peak-time dancefloor ready for such a banging megajam, right? This doesn't really go anywhere, but it's, you know, pleasant enough.
Vampire Weekend vs. T.I. & Rihanna
&Live Your Life Punk&
Right-click to download:
Mostly this little number is thanks to
since I was planning a Bootie video set and fretting about not having any hipster tunes, and she said hey, what about that Vampire Weekend band, and I was like, okay. I keep thinking I should do like a 7-minute jump-up jungle version of this, but I guess I'll add that to the to-do list.
Kanye West vs. Green Day vs. Oasis
&Boulevard of Flashing Lights&
Right-click to download:
I hope people understand that there's a bit of self-mockery going on here, in the sense that it's amusing to me that one would take one's &hit& and then beat it to death with cheesy remixes, in, as I've said before, as good a sign as any of being on the back side of one's career arc. Did I just take away the funny by over-explaining it? Damn, that happens to me a lot. Anyhoo, isn't that Kanye song awesome? Isn't Kanye awesome? I seem to be mucking about with that guy's stuff
lately, but I promise I've totally liked him since a way long time ago.
Queen vs. House of Pain vs. Go Home Productions
&We Will Jump You&
Download: Darr. I never really wanted to release this, since it's super lazy and sloppy and I totally admit it was just something I made so I could play &Jump Around& at Bootie. But people like House of Pain and Queen and junk, so here you go.
Fan-made cover art!
Justin Timberlake vs. Radiohead
&(All I Want You to Do is Be) My Reckoner&
Original mix:
So I hear &My Love& out and about, and I realize, &holy crap, this is Reckoner, complete with falsetto croonery.& Then I waste a few days putting it together, and then I realize the Oakenfold mix is actually really good and deserves its own version. Fun.
Ting Tings vs. Nelly
&Shut Up In Herre&
A cheesy little number I've been playing around the nightclubs, and now you can put it on your Zunes.
Justice vs. Kanye West
&Let There Be Love&
Justice vs. Kanye West vs. Soulwax
&Let There Be Love / Beethoven Lockdown&
Started off with a plain old Justice / Kanye mashup, and then as a special remix specifically for an all-video DJ set, added in what is (apparently?) the stuttery Soulwax re-edit of Beethoven's 5th in a bit of a cheeky reference to A+D's smash hit mixing Beethoven and Kanye a few years back.
&Paper Planes& (Party Ben's Fly Like High Like Remix)
This is pretty straightforward: get in at dance tempo, slow down for some MIA, speed back up to dance tempo, crowd goes wild or maybe just goes to get a drink. It uses the Jeff T remix of Felipe Avelar's Electric Boogaloo for the beats.
Fake Blood vs. Purple Ribbon All-Stars
&On Mars All Night&
Super dull blend using my favorite neo-rave track of 2008.
Lil Wayne - &Lollipop& (Party Ben remix)
Lil Wayne - &Lollipop& (PB vs. Mowgli mix)
I tried this
two different ways: first up, doing my own bassline-style version (pilfering beats from the Twocker remix of 187 Lockdown's &Gunman&), and second, doing a slightly more mellow mix that uses the funky backing track from Mowgli's mix of In the Club's &Turn You On.&
Led Snooppelin - "Drop It Like It's a Whole Lotta Love" (2008 Remix)
Led Snooppelin was an attempt back in 2004 to try and put something together that wasn't entirely 80s-dependent like the rest of my work.
I never really liked the way it turned out, but despite its obvious production flaws, it got some attention, basically because of the source material (the same way a lot of otherwise dull rap/rock mashup hybrids did back then). So, for my January 2008 video showcase set at Bootie, I figured it might be time to rework the thing. It's a little faster now.
Daft Punk vs. Nirvana
"Smells Stronger"
Two songs that were already overused to the millionth degree in mashuppery and remixery by the time I put them together, but this was part of my Daft Punk-inspired 2008 video DJ set at Bootie so I thought it was funny.
Justice vs. Dead or Alive
"D.A.N.C.E. (Like a Record)"
Honestly this was inspired by
who, when we were on tour together in '07, would end his sets with this
MSTRKRFT mix of "D.A.N.C.E.,& which I really liked. So I was like, &what goes with that? Pete Burns goes with that.& Silly, and I probably worked
harder on the cover than the actual mashup.
Plastilina Mosh vs. M.I.A.
"Millionaire Galang"
Hey, Party Ben goes to Mexico! As you can tell I always like to make some sort of locally-influenced mashup whenever I've got a DJ gig in a new place, so for a few gigs in Mexico I made this simple little ditty. In a totally weird coincidence, I ended up . They were nice.
Can't Stop Callin' Out: The Complete Party Ben vs. Lyrics Born Experience
includes all 5 tracks
1. U2 vs. Lyrics Born - "Callin' on Sunday" (Original mix)
The original 2004 mashup that ended up being one of my biggest LIVE 105 hits, interesting since I at first considered it a copout cousin to my Janet Jackson/U2 combo (see below).
2. U2 vs. Lyrics Born - "Callin' on Sunday" (2005 Remix)
This is the remix I put together specifically for a LIVE 105 BFD DJ set where Lyrics Born himself was playing -- that set in fact consisted entirely of mashups & remixes of other artists on the bill, which was a good idea in theory but made for a bit of a wonky set. Anyway this uses the good old Blondie beat for pumping up ze dancefloor.
3. Average White Band vs. Lyrics Born - "Callin' Up the Pieces"
The whole point of this was to have something surprising for my Bootie headlining set in January 2007, since everybody was sick of the U2 one at this point.
4. Average White Band vs. Lyrics Born - "Callin' Up the Pieces" (Baltimore Remix)
I was just going to do a B-more style mix of Lyrics Born but then I couldn't help but put some of &Pick Up the Pieces& in it.
Bonus Track:
SebastiAn vs. Lyrics Born - "Callin' Ross"
This is just me being stoopid: using SebastiAn's thumpy "Ross Ross Ross", this mix
doesn't really go anywhere but is kind of amusing in a glitchy kind of
Plump DJs vs. Flo Rida
"Low Addict"
I've always been a fan of Plump DJs, and in
fact, some of my first forays into the nightclub scene in San Francisco
were in the Nu Skool Breaks scene. Those were the days. Anyway this is a little throwaway thing.
vs. Shannon
"Minuit Music"
This one takes the datA remix of Tepr's "Minuit Jacuzzi," a track that
already seemed to reference '80s freestyle, and makes that a
little more obvious. I actually had to completely reconstruct the Tepr
track to make this happen, it sounds pretty easy but it wasn't, I
Lyrica Born vs. Average White Band
"Callin' Up the Pieces" (Party Ben's Bmore Remix)
This was item number four (4) that I produced with the good old
Lyrics Born a capella.
The Chemical Brothers - "Star Guitar" (Party Ben's a Big Bright Shining Star Remix)
Chemical Brothers vs. Ludacris "Star Guitar Stand Up"
A while back Electrosound asked me to take part in a bootleg tribute to
the Chemical Brothers, and while I don't usually have time to
contribute to these projects, I'd had an idea rolling around my head
for elucidating the Baltimore sound that kind of bubbles under in "Star
Guitar" for a while, so I was happy to have a deadline to whip me into
shape. So,
first I made the (mostly) instrumental version which I handed off to
the project, and then I thought "hey this could use some Ludacris," so
I threw "Stand Up" over it. Whee!
to grab tracks from Block Rockin' Boots with contributions from GHP, Moule, BC, Dunproofin' and more.
Modern Talking vs. Gnarls Barkley
"Crazy (If You Want)"
Part of the Party Ben Gettin' Euros Tour 2007 Experience!
So in an attempt to ingratiate myself with the many nations of the EU,
I tried to put together something appropriate for each location on the
tour: "Polska Boys" for Poland (see below), a "Boulevard" mix with MC Solaar for
France, and this ridiculous thing for Germany. Not familiar with Modern
Talking? They're only the ,
and it turns out "You Can Win If You Want" is basically the same exact
chord pattern as "Crazy." I played it at Bootie Munich expecting a
rousing ovation, but sadly, it almost killed my floor.
Kult vs. M.I.A. vs. Gary Glitter
"Polska Boyz"
Part of the Party Ben Gettin' Euros Tour 2007 Experience!
Kult are a legendary
Polish rock combo, and their song &Polska& is from 1992, so it's understandable that its refrain of "Poland, we live in Poland" is probably not without a bitter edge. Come to think of it, it may be nothing but bitter edge, with a kind of stoic pride deep inside the bitterness in
that way Eastern Europeans do so well. Sure, this mashup is a slapdash affair, thrown together in desperation to have something Polish to play for crowds in Warsaw and Krakow. But I find the contrast with
M.I.A.'s vocals rather
amusing -- like,
how many boys are in Poland -- and it also came in handy during a set in Warsaw the night the Polish soccer team made it into the finals for the first time like ever. Poland!
Amy Winehouse vs. Four Tops
&Rehab (Can't Help Myself)&
Bootie Traxx Volume 2
1. Faithless vs. Yaz vs. Steve Miller Band - &Don't Go (Insomnia Airlines)&
An early version of this (using Ce Ce Peniston's &Finally& instead of Yaz) made its first appearance during a headlining set at the club in January, 2007, but this one is a little better.
2. INXS vs. E-40 &Need U to Go&
Also made for that set but I still actually play this sometimes.
3. Junior Boys vs. Rod Stewart - &(Do Ya) Think I'm Sexy (In the Morning)&
Was never that happy with the production on this, but a few intrepid Bootie fans have inquired about it.
4. Timbaland vs. The Supremes - &The Way I Keep Me Hangin' On&
5. Le Tigre vs. D4L - &Deceptataffy&
A bit of an inside joke between me and my Bootie co-DJs A+D, who (in?)famously claimed not to like my 2005 mashup &Wipeout Taffy,& so I took an instrumental backing they'd made their own, Le Tigre's &Deceptacon& (which they'd used in a well-known mashup with Missy Elliott), and taffied that shit up a bit. Anyway, guess you had to be there.
M.I.A. vs. Kate Bush &Dreaming of Boyz&
Hey, Boyz is in 6/8 time, and so is that good old Kate Bush song &The Dreaming,& so why not play them at the same time.
Jose Gonzalez vs. Cirez D
&Killing For Love (Remix)&This is my attempt at a &remix& of the Jose Gonzalez track, &Killing For Love.& This uses beats from a Cirez D electro track called &Horizons.& There's actually some original Party Ben bleeps and bloops in it as well.
Rihanna vs. General Public
&Tender Umbrella&
I was dismissive of this when I first made it in 2007, mostly because the DIY acapella I used of &Umbrella& has sound quality issues, but nobody seemed to mind. It sort of took off and eventually made it to Dave Wakeling's ears, who
and later, to the ears of Adam Sandler, who
as the second of my mashups to be used in the 2011 film &Just Go With It.& Like &Every Car,& I recreated the mashup in cinema-quality sound using some officially-sanctioned stems, but also like &Every Car,& this cleaned up version can only be heard in the movie (and in the Soundcloud stream I uploaded below), but I can't make it availble for download. It was actually used in many of the &Just Go With It& TV commercials starting in November of 2010; buy me a drink sometime and I'll tell you all about meeting that deadline and where I actually found a copy of the &Tenderness& remix when the record label themselves couldn't track it down in time.
Tender Umbrella - 2010 remake:
Mylo (Etienne de Crecy remix) vs. Tegan & Sara
&Walking With a Ghost in Paris (2007 Remix)&
I produced the original mashup of Tegan & Sara with Mylo back in 2005. , it got played on the
a whole bunch. Two years later I heard this amazing remix of &Paris& done by Etienne de Crecy, and when I finally tracked that down, I redid the whole mashup using it.
For better or for worse,
his remix is actually pitched up from the original, which was itself already a few steps higher than Tegan & Sara, so now their voices are way up in chipmunk land, but, such is life.
Lyrics Born vs. Average White Band
&Callin' Up the Pieces&
How much can I milk &Callin' Out&? Well, since I was kind of responsible for getting the brilliant Lyrics Born's &Callin' Out& added to LIVE 105 rotation (where it eventually went to #1), I feel like I can kind of go nuts with the a capella. First there was the U2 version, then there was the U2 remix version (with the beat from Rapture Riders) and then there was this one. It's disco-riffic! Props to LB for not, you know, suing me.
Chemical Brothers vs. John Williams
&Galvanize the Empire&
Bonde do Role vs. New Order vs. Spank Rock
&Confused Tobaco Bump&
Felt like playing &Melo do Tobaco& at Bootie and that required putting something else over the top of it right? Although of course &Melo do Tobaco& is basically a mashup of &Man in the Box& over a beat from Peaches or something with some Portuguese shouting and stuff, so who knows what's going on here.
Tom Tom Club vs. Fergie
&Genius of London&
Dirty Version:
Clean Version:
Michael Jackson vs. Nelly Furtado
&Promiscuous With You&
After a few tries at marrying something to the Promiscuous a capella I finally found something that worked.
The Wiseguys vs. Olivia Newton John & John Travolta
&Ooh La La Summer Nights&
Funny how things work out. I considered this a total joke when I made it, back in 2006 I think, but it's turned into one of the tracks I play the most to this day, and probably has gotten the crowd going more often, in more diverse locales, than just about anything else I've ever made. People love &Grease.&
Gnarls Barkley vs. Donna Summer
&I Feel Crazy&
as a jumping-off point and basically just layers the synth loop from Ms. Summer's legendary little number over the whole thing. I know there's like 500 &Crazy& boots out there but my excuse is this was part of a mix I did for XFM so it's not like a real mashup or anything.
&Over and Over&
(Party Ben's Smell of Repetition remix)
a bit of a riff on the Boyz Noise mix of Kaiser Chiefs, but it's also got &I Feel Love& in it.
Mylo vs. Miami Sound Machine
&Conga Pressure&
Well, this cracks me up at least. See, cause there was that other Miami Sound Machine/Mylo mashup by those Phil 'n' Dog guys that was like a mega-smash, but nobody in the US knew that Miami Sound Machine song, so this is like for Americans and stuff. Ha? Anyone?
Elastica vs. Sean Paul &Temperature Connection&
Gorillaz vs. No Doubt vs. Deep Purple
&Hella Dare You to Smoke&
Something silly I made for Bootie that people ended up asking about enough for me to overcome my shame and post it here. More importantly, I made this cover in
the basic PC paint program at work and thought it was funny.
Yeah Yeah Yeahs vs. Green Day vs. Oasis vs. Love & Rockets vs. Samantha Fox
&Golden Boulevard&
This operates first of all as sort of a dub mix of Boulevard of Broken Songs,
and was really just a goofy part of a Sixx Mixx, but then I sort of liked how it all came together, so here it is.
Veruca Salt vs. Pussycat Dolls - &Dontcha / Seether&
Switch vs. Khia vs. Laid Back - &Get Laid with Khia (2006 remix)&
A remix of one of my very first mashups, which just used Khia and Laid Back.
John Denver
&Thank God I'm a Country Boy (Party Ben's City Boy Remix)&
Made specially for a local nightclub's totally silly Country vs. Electro theme night, but turned into one of my most requested tracks. Video version features added Snoop!
Death Cab for Maddy
&Hung Up on Soul&
&Hung Up on Soul& Minus Maddy remix:
Wanted to make a Death C got distracted by Madonna. Then made the originally intended version without any Madonna vocals. First track of mine where a fan-made video turned up.
The Surfaris vs. D4L
&Wipeout Taffy&
Possibly the most hated mashup in Party Ben mashing-up history. It was one of the first things I released after the D-level fame of Dean Gray. Can you say, &self-sabotage&?
The White Stripes vs. Eric B & Rakim
&Pump Up the Doorbell&
There were quite a few quality &Doorbell& mashups out by the time I did mine, but I feel like since I looped the Pump Up the Volume rhythm over the whole thing, mine is a bit more dancefloor friendly.
American Edit
Produced with the artist formerly known as
and now known as .
Read more about it . Or, um,
Novocaine Rhapsody (Green Day vs. Queen vs. U2):
Coldplay vs. Kraftwerk
&Computer Talk&
If this pointless combo got one person to buy Kraftwerk's Computer World, it was worth it.
Nine Inch Nails / Queens of the Stone Age
&Insane, Medicated Hand&
Two QOTSA album tracks (&Medication,& &Everybody Knows That You Are Insane&) in unholy union with Trent's ubiquitous vocal from &The Hand that Feeds,& this in tribute to a tour the two bands did together. As far as I know they never cuddled tenderly as pictured on the cover, but my photoshop fantasies are almost as satisfying.
&Never Feel Good&
I've always received piles of suggestions for mashups, and despite appreciating every single e-mail I get, these suggestions are generally very annoying. First, people are usually just screwing around and have thought of a funny title, and generally have no regard for any potential musical mixing, and moreover the whole thing feels kind of disrespectful, I mean, I know mashups are silly but do you yell at your favorite bands to play &Freebird&? Oh, I guess you do. Anyway, this idea did indeed come from a LIVE 105 listener and intrigued me enough to try it. The sound quality is terrible to my ears, since there was no Cake acapella and I was forced to just, like, turn down the bass, but here it is, and people still ask about it.
Tegan & Sara vs. Mylo
&Walking with a Ghost in Paris&
One day I noticed that the Tegan & Sara track we were playing at LIVE 105 had the same chord pattern as Mylo's &Paris Four Hundred,& so I put them together. Surprisingly, it turned into one of my biggest hits ever, getting airplay around the world and ending up in the . Tegan & Sara themselves came into the station a few times and were incredibly nice, but apparently they disagreed about whether they really liked my little rework, so despite its success, the possibility of an official release never got off the ground. Their label did, however, from what I understand, offer promo copies to dance and Top 40 stations, encouraged by the success at C89.5. Of course, T&S have gone on to work with tons of dance producers since then, so I feel maybe like I played some part in that. Who knows.
SOMEBODY KILL ME EP
vs. Killers
&Somebody Rock Me&
Adamski vs. Killers
&Somebody Kill Me&
Led Zeppellin vs. Snoop Dogg
&Drop It Like It's a Whole Lotta Love&
This is the first version from 2004. Honestly, this was a pretty cynical move, making this, since I hadn't done any rock-vs-rap things and that whole mashup style was getting a lot of attention at the time. I think my disinterest shows in the sloppy production, but after it got lots of attention, I forced myself to revisit it in 2008 and that newer version (above) is tolerable.
Chic vs. Franz Ferdinand vs. Beastie Boys
Franzie Boys&
upon a Sixx Mixx, in June, 2004, I threw together Franz Ferdinand's &Take
Me Out& and the Beasties' &Triple Trouble.& &Funny,&
I thought, &they're like in the same key and stuff.& About a month later, genius bootlegger and Friend
of Bootie (TM) announced
his latest mashup item: ! Now, of course Mr. Sleazy came up with the idea on his own, but it was kind of funny, so later when I did my own Beastie mix with Chic, I snuck Franz Ferdinand in there and gave it a name that was a nod to his original version (and stole his cover). Love ya Sleazy!
vs. Way Out West
&Vertigo& (Breaks Mix)
Another one of those "Don't Own a Drum Machine Or Have the Individual Tracks from This Song But Would Really Like To Do A Remix So I'll Just Steal This Instrumental Dance Track from Way Out West and Put A Lot of Echo On the Original and Call It Good Or At Least Mediocre" things I do.
Got two airings on BBC Radio 1's Essential Selection!!
Blur vs. Kasabian
&There's No Other LSF&
Blur vs. Kasabian mind you.
Day vs. Oasis vs. Travis vs. Aerosmith vs. Eminem
&Boulevard of Broken Songs& (2004 original)
This is the original version as culled from the Sixx Mixx which aired on LIVE 105 on October 1, 2004. The remastered higher bit-rate versions are at the top of the page.
Green Day &Boulevard of Broken Dreams,& Oasis &Wonderwall,& Travis &Writing to Reach You& (From 1999's The Man Who), and Eminem's &Sing (For the Moment)& which samples Aerosmith's &Dream On&, the song I originally intended to include but which was not on iTunes or in the studio at the time, and my show was about to go on the air, so I had to make do.
vs. Stereo MCs vs Eagles
&Just Lose My Mind (One of These Nights)&
(Plus Devo!!!)
&Hellamaniac&
Faithless vs. George W. Bush
&Mass Destruction& I made quite a few versions of this for the LIVE 105 Sixx Mixx leading up to the 2004 elections (dark days, those were), using various speeches by President Bush and even a little Cheney sometimes. They're all pretty dated now but at the time, it felt like we were doing something pretty cool -- typically, commercial music stations avoid political commentary of any kind, which this most definitely is.
vs. Lyrics Born
&Callin' on Sunday& 2005 BFD Remix
The phenomenal
East Bay hip-hop genius and all-around nice guy gets the Party Ben (mis)
treatment with &Sunday Bloody Sunday& -- yes, I already did
one with U2 and Janet but you can ignore that one because this one's
way more better.
Back vs. Khia vs. !!!
&Get Laid with Khia,& or maybe &Ride 'em, Giuliani!&
or, um, &Me and Khia on a Horse.& This is still kind of retarded but at
least has three great tunes in it.
vs. Destiny's Child
&Independent Room&
don't understand why there aren't more &Waiting Room& boots
- the damn thing's got like 2 full minutes of instrumental sections, it's
exactly at hip-hop speed, and it's a freakin' classic. Apparently got the approval of Fugazi's Ian MacKaye according to a Washington Post reporter.
Boys vs. Afrika Bambaata & Soulsonic Force
Out the Rock&
quite as frenetic and hyper as the &Old Skool Mix& (see below),
this is a little more dancefloor-friendly.
Park vs. Luke Chable
&Somewhere
in Melburn& (Party Ben Didn't Do Much Mix)
Axelsen of LIVE 105's Saturday night electronic music show Subsonic played
the Luke Chable song at like 3 in the morning, and I was like, &What
is that sample from? Hmmm...& Three days later I figured it out:
Linkin Freakin' Park. So I thought, why not add some more, to make it
more obvious for the kids? Party Ben: always thinkin' about the kids.
Yeah Yeahs vs. Andrea Doria
of a blueprint for somebody with actual talent and maybe a drum machine
to make a good mix of &Maps.&
Daft Punk vs. Queen
Another One Bites Da Funk
Everybody says Freddie Mercury sounds all chipmunky in this, but what am I supposed to do, slow down the Daft Punk? I think not.
Boys vs. All Sorts of Vintage Techno
It Out& (Old Skool Mix)
A mix of the Beastie Boys with multiple classic house/techno
tracks including
Fast Eddie &Yo Yo Get Funky,& Royal House (Todd Terry) &Can
You Party,& Inner City &Good Life,& 808 State &Cubik,&
LA Style &James Brown is Dead.&
vs. Janet Jackson
Bloody Control&
My first attempt to put something with U2's &Sunday Bloody S& this was fine, and inspired a phenomenal lip-synch performance from Patty O'Furniture and Tristan Shout & co, but I sort of abandoned this idea when I realized Lyrics Born sounded good with U2.
THE KEEP STUFF ALIVE EP
Dean Alive& (Featuring Howard Dean)
Hung Alive& (featuing William Hung)
&Keep Janet Alive& (featuring Janet Jackson)
&Keep Stern Alive& (featuring Howard Stern and more)
A running joke back in 2004. A mix I made that replaced the Jesse Jackson speech in the Crystal Method's &Keep Hope Alive& with Howard Dean's raspy victory holler that more or less sunk his campaign became a &viral& hit on LIVE 105 and even inspired a visit from KTVU Fox 2's Brian Banmiller, who tried to interview me, but I was so nervous having a camera stuck in my face they couldn't use much of my mumblings.
Anyway, it turned out that once I'd edited together an instrumental of &Keep Hope Alive,& you could just sort of put any speech over the top of it and it would sound dramatic. So I kept doing it, for the funny, whenever an amusing new bit of spoken word audio would hit the news. The version I made using Howard Stern's voice (during his controversial final year on terrestrial radio) got a spin on the actual Howard Stern Show after WXRK electronic show host Liquid Todd gave it to them, but Howard sort of (willfully?) misunderstood the situation, demanding to know how much money the Crystal Method was making from selling a song that used his voice. I of course have continued to be a gigantic Stern fan and was just giddy to have my song played (briefly), although they never said my name or anything.
&Let's Dance With Me&
Beyonce vs. Alphaville
&Crazy In Japan&
Remastered for 2011:
"Bizarre Light Triangle&
Order &Bizarre Love Triangle& vs. Madonna &Ray of Light,& made specially for Bootie 1/14/04.
"Show Me How To Leave&
Audioslave &Show Me How To Live& vs. Lumidee &Never Leave&
"God Put A Smile Upon My Face" (Ben X Parties On Your Face Mix)
Produced this especially for an episode of LIVE 105's electronic show Subsonic, but couldn't think of a name for it. So we opened the phone lines to take suggestions, and this was the best one.
vs. Party Ben
by Adam Freeland's brilliant dub-style reworking of Nirvana, &Smells
Like Freeland,& this is a complete complete de- and re-construction of &Hey Ya.& Similarly to Freeland's mix, this uses nothing but sounds from the original song, although often altered significantly. My biggest innovation here is probably turning the chorus into straight 4/4 time at the end (i.e. removing the quick 2/4 measure that gives the original some quirky charm). It all turns out to
have a kind of retro-jump-up-jungle kind of feel. In general one of my favorite things I've ever made, just because it felt like a real accomplisment.
vs. Party Ben
"Without Me" (Nobody Listens To Techno Mix)
Featuring beats from songs by
One Up Front, Plump DJs and Moby, made in 2001. This turned into a crazy phenomenon when it was put into regular rotation on LIVE 105, and was my first taste of local &viral& fame. Of course, this was before I even had a web site, and I spent hours burning CDs of the track and mailing them to
fans who e-mailed me at the station, and later,
spent lots of money on pressing promo 12& singles so I could
actually play it out -- this was before CDJs were standard for DJ booths. Made an attempt to post it to the famous bootleg forum GYBO where it was savaged without mercy, but it's hard to overstate how popular this was in the Bay Area at the time.
5 vs. Party Ben
"What's Tricky"
High Contrast & Run DMC
"The Seed 3.0" (Party Ben remix)
the beats from Lee Coombs' remix of New Order's &Crystal,& and some other stuff
I can't remember.
Fischervana
"Smells Like Emerge"
my credit (?), I remarked on the similarities between the Spooner and
Nirvana before Adam Freeland told me he was trying to mash these two up
when he made &Smells Like Freeland.& Anyway, mine turned out pretty badly.
Slim vs. Rolling Stones & stuff
"Satisfaction Skank" (Party Ben's mashup, not Fatboy Slim's)
So here's the story. The year is 1999. I read in NME about Fatboy Slim playing a special version of &Rockafella Skank& in his DJ sets that was mixed with the Rolling S he was calling it &Satisfaction Skank.& &Cool,& I thought, &but I'll probably never get a copy of that.& (This was before the internet, folks!) We had prototype digital audio editing software at the radio station, so I decided to use it to try and
make my own &Satisfaction Skank,& having never even heard Fatboy Slim's. The station ended up putting my version into rotation, and popscene emprisario Aaron Axelsen played the hell out of it.
Of course, I wasn't clear about the genesis of my mix when I first posted it on this website, years ago, and some overzealous mashup types accused me of &stealing& it. This does happen all the time with amateur productions like ours, I mean, I see people taking credit for my stuff all over the place. But of course, that wasn't the case here. What's amusing is that when I finally heard Fatboy's own mix, years later, I didn't really like it -- his was slowed down to fit with the Stones, which I thought was awkward.
Incidentally, the editing software was called &Session 8&
and it lived on on an old PC at LIVE 105 -- it was called &Session 8& because it featured 8 audio tracks to play with. It turned out to be the only computer
I know of that was an actual casualty of the &Y2K& issue,
for real, the LIVE 105 engineers said it was a piece of junk and couldn't be salvaged, and with no compatible software available to which I could transfer the
tracks and session, all the original files were all lost on Dec. 31st,
Hives vs. The Prodigy
"Hate To Smack My Bitch Up" (Party Ben poorly executed mashup)
From a suggestion by Aaron Axelsen, Popscene DJ and LIVE 105 guy. Went through a couple revisions and never quite came together although
the kids at Popscene were known to shout &Smack my bitch up& during The Hives since Aaron played it all the time.
"Lonesome& (Party Ben remix)
So the year is 1998, and I'm a part time production assistant at LIVE 105.
At the time, all LIVE 105 production was, of course, still done on reel-to-reel tape, but the station had this &Session 8& digital editing software on a crap PC in the side studio (see
&Satisfaction Skank& description above for more on that), and it occurs to me that maybe learning about it would be a good idea, since this digital stuff may be the future. (Of course my prescience didn't extend to, like, buying Google stock or anything). Anyway I decided to teach myself to use it by making a remix of a
song I really liked. That would be &Lonesome,& from One Foot in the Grave. The original song is in
3/4 time, and my &innovation& was to set it to a 4/4 hip-hop
beat (courtesy of DJ Shadow), rudimentarily &stretching& certain
notes in the Beck song (by copying tiny sections manually) to make up the extra beat in each measure. It was my very first attempt at digital manipulation of music.

我要回帖

更多关于 高一英语完形填空 的文章

随机推荐