喜欢此文档的还喜欢
全国各地市2013年中考英语试卷分类解析汇编 书面表达 话题作文
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
想免费下载本文?
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
你可能喜欢章琦 (南昌理工学院外语系 江西南昌 330044)
【摘 要】 委婉语是一种普遍的语言现象。许多学者已从修辞学,语言学,语用学及社会语言学龄前的角度对它进行研究。目前这方面军的研究颇丰。然而,在实际的语言交流中,特别是不同的文化领域里,人们往往还会对它的使用感到迷惑不解。为了在跨文化交际中成功地解读委婉语,分析其基本的语言特征,定义,分类,发展及其社会价值有利我们更好地理解委婉语。尽管中西文化差异的巨大,双方的委婉语不尽相同,但我们可以看到委婉语的出现及发展是与禁忌语的出现与发展。本文作者试从禁忌语与委婉语的关系阐述委婉语的发展。从语义学的角度给出了委婉语的定义与分类,使文章一开始就有了概念。从中西方禁忌语的对比演化出委婉语发展出的一些特征。辟如英汉委婉语中体现的一些民族性特征,即英式委婉语中的宗教特征,汉语委婉语中的阶级性特征。社会在发展,语言亦然。语言的最终目的即在交流使用。通常的交谈中体现着合作原则,但因为在社会背景,年龄,性别,地位,职位等差异迫使语言在违背合作原则。因此委婉语的巨大社会价值在当今跨文化交际中的作用日益明显。
【关健词】 委婉语;禁忌语;宗教特征;阶级特征;跨文化交际;社会价值
【Abstract】 Euphemism is &a common linguistic phenomenon, which is closely related to culture backgrounds, religious thoughts, life styles, etc. A short introduction to euphemism in English and& Chinese will benefit our future intercultural communication. Lots of scholars had studied euphemism from various ways. Such as linguistic, social-linguistic, rhetoric view, pragmatics and so on. From all those studies, we can easily found out that the development of euphemism have a stong relationship with the development of taboo words more or less. In this paper, the author elaborates this topic from their relationship. At the very beginning, a semantic definition and classification were given. a basic knowledge of comparison about taboo words in
English and Chinese gave us a basic meaning of the existence of euphemism. Euphemisms are the substance of taboo words. &From the relationship of taboos and euphemisms illustrates the national characters in English and Chinese euphemisms. There are religious characters in English euphemisms and class characters in Chinese euphemisms. We know that the communication between us should under the principle of cooperation. But the differences between different culture background, age, sex, status and positions always make the principle out of effect. So euphemism can do a lot to maintain people’s social status in our today’s society, especially in intercultural communication. A preoccupation about euphemism can avoid some embarrassments in intercultural communication. If we want success in our future profession, a clear knowledge of euphemism is necessary.
Key words & & & &social value
Introduction
& &&Almost all cultures seem to have certain notions or unpleasant things that people try to avoid mentioning directly, even when there is such a term in a language. When such a notion or thing has to be referred to, the practice will be a substitute that sounds better. That’s the coming of euphemisms. So we can see that euphemism have a strong relationship with our culture backgrounds, especially taboo words. The appearance of euphemism gives that better sound. That’s the result of human development. If we want euphemism to help our communication in our daily life, we should know some of its basic knowledge.
Semantic Study of Euphemism
1.1 Definition and Euphemism
&Euphemism is “example of the use of pleasant, mild or indirect words, or phrases in place of more accurate or direct ones ”( Oxford for Advanced Learner’s English-Chinese dictionary page 491). The existence of taboo words or taboo ideas stimulates the creation of euphemisms. A euphemism is a word or phrase that replaces a taboo word or serve to avoid frightening or unpleasant subjects.
1.2 Classification of Euphemism
Euphemism in different cultures shares the same pshchological and linguistic pattern as the basis of their formation. A word can be thought of as a reaction to stimulus. When a word has long been associated with the stimulus it causes, the word itself carries some characteristics of the stimulating subject. If some elements of the reaction are closely related with the word that describes them, people tend to substitute the word by a word, which does not have such negative associations.
Euphemism are formed in many ways. “Semantically, they are generally built in the following five manners. Firstly, they can be created by borrowing from other languages linguistic forms,which have less negative associations,as, for example, the latin word mistruation for the vulgar indo-european word piss. Secondly, they can be coined by widening the lexical meaning,as social disease for syphilis. Thirdly,semantic shift contributes its share, as rear end for buttocks and to sleep with for to have sexual intercourse with. Fourthly, metaphorical transfer creates euphemisms by cherry for hymen and blossom for papule. The last,but not the least, is phonetic distortion, which creates euphemisms out of the existing words people do not venture to speak of, by abbreviation(as ladies for ladies’room), apocopation
(as vamp for vampire), initiating(as JC for Jesus Christ), back forming(as burgle for burglar), reduplication(as peepee for piss), and other means.”(Li/Niu, 2001: p395)
Taboo and Euphemism
2.1 Culture and Language
The exact nature of the relationship between language and culture has fascinated, and continues to fascinate, people form a wide variety of backgrounds. That there should be some kind of relationship between the sounds, words, and syntax of a language and the ways in which speakers of that language experience the world and behave in it seems as obvious as to be truism. It would appear that the only problem is deciding the nature of the relationship and finding suitable ways to demonstrate it.
2.2 Taboo and Euphemism
Certain things are not said, not because they cannot be, but because people don’t tal or, if those things are talked about, they talked in very roundabout ways.
2.2.1 Taboo
Taboo is one way in which a society expreses its disapproval of certain kinds of behavior believed to be harmful to its members, either for supernatural reasons or because such behavior is held to violate a moral code. Consequently, so far as language is concerned, certain things are not be said or certain objects can be referred to only in certain circumstances, for example, only by certain people, or through deliberate circumlocutions, i.e. euphemistically. Of course, there are always those who are prepared to break the taboos in an attempt to show their own freedom form such restrictions or to express the taboos as irrarional and unjustified, as in certain movements for ‘free speech’.
Tabooed subjects can vary widely: one’s mother-in-
and the left hand(the origin of sinister).
2.2.1.1 Similarities and Differences between English and Chinese Taboos
&&&& English and Chinese have certain areas of agreement on taboos. Excreta and acts of human excretion( these are euphemistic terms themselves)are to be avoiding in polite conversation. In English, if they must be mentioned then the terms should be euphemistic ones. In Chinese, there are also taboo, but the chinese attitude is less strict, and some times one will hear people say (eating, drinking, sleeping and excreting) in serious public talk or conversation. Talking about sexual intercourse and certain parts of the body is taboo in both cultures. In the U.S, though, the sexual revolution of the 1960s changes this somewhat. The tendency in English-speaking countries in recent years is toward a freer, more open attitude. Thus to make love, to have sex with,etc. are not at all uncommon in writing now. But even these are good “dress-up”terms. How ever, so-called “four letter words”(fuck,tits,etc.)are still considered improper in most conversations, especially in mixed groups with both women and men,
&& Swear words are generally true of both English and Chinese. Most English swear words have to do with christian religious terms or names. Jesus Christ! Holy Mary! Son of bitch! would be such terms, whereas damn ! damn it! Hell! would be less so. In Chinese, which seems to have fewer set swear words,& “shit” seems to be the most common, one that does’t arouse strong disapproval.
&& Besides age, other such matters include one’ politics and religion are the dissimilarities between English and Chinese. Thus questions like the following, although inoffensive to Chinese, should be avoided when conversing with English-speaking people at the first time:
How old are you?
How much do you make?
Are you married of single?
Are you a Republic or a Democrat?
What’s your religion? Etc .
2.2.2 Euphemisms
The development of taboo words or taboo ideas gives the rise to euphemisms. When a name or idea is completely suppressed, people create other ways to express it. “The term euphemism comes form the greek eu (“good”) + pheme (“speech”)”.(Li/Niu,2001: page394) A euphemism is a word or phrase that is harmless or sounds pleasing which replaces a direct, rude utterance, using a kind expression to cover up or conceal the face conveyed by a taboo word or phrase.
The motivation for the use of euphemism is as coloful and universal as human emotion. Besides religions people seem to have an intrinsic fear of social customs, moral codes, special disease, etc. vilolation of the rules of these subjects would bring about discrimination and even rejections by the society at large. Another reason that underlines the use of euphemisms is that people are generally unwilling to harm others, so that they tend to use mild terms.
One of the terms that seem to be almost universally avoided is death. In English it was replaced by go, go west, depart from the world forever, decease, pass away, breathe one’s last, go the way of all flesh, pay one’s debt to nature, go to a better world, be in (go to heaven), be with God,etc. In Chinese, more polite and common way said about it are ,,,,,,,,,,,,etc.
Physical shortcomings, old ages, certain functions of the body, sex acts also have euphemisms, for example: plain (for ugly), heavy set, on the heavy side (for fat---usually when referring to men ), slender (for skinny), physically handicapped (for crippled), senior citizens (for elderly people), advanced in age, elderly (for old), shag, root, crack a fat, dip the wick, play hospital, hide the ferret, play cars and garages, hide the egg roll (sausage, salami), boil bingers, slip a length (for have sex intercourse). Euphemism for certain functions of the body deserves special mention, mainly because ignorance of them may cause considerable embarrassment. There are drain the dragon, siphon the path, water the horse, squeeze the lemon, writing the rattlesnake, shake hands with wife’s best friends, point percy at the porcelain, train terracotta all for “urinate”.
In recent times, more and more euphemisms are being used in taking about social life and social affairs. The name of some professions ca for example, landscape architect for gardener, beautician for hair dresser, building engineer for janitor, prison officer for gardener and funeral director for undertaker. In international relations, “dressed-up” expressions have become commonplace. Third world countries named backward countries, undeveloped- countries, developing countries, emerging nations and less developed countries.
Taboo and euphemism affect all of us. “Each social group is different from every other in how it constrains linguistic behavior in this way, but constrains in the some such way it certainly does”.( Wardhaugh, Ronald: 1986: p231)
2.3 National Characters of English and Chinese Euphemisms
2.3.1 Religious Characters of English Euphemisms
&&&& In certain societies, words that have religious connotations are considered profane if used outside of formal or religious ceremonies. Christians are forbidden to “take the Lord’s name in vain”, so they call God as the Creator, the Maker, the Super Being, the Almighty, the Eternal, the Savior, King of Kings, and this prohibition has been extended to the use of curses, which are believed to have magical powers. Thus hell and damn are changed to heck and darn, perhaps with the belief of hope that this change will fool the “powers that be”. “In England the Lord bloody is a taboo word, perhaps because it originally referred to the blood of christ. The oxford English-dictionary states that bloody has been in general colloquial use form the Restoration and is “now constantly in the mouths of the lowest classes, but by respectable people considered ‘a horrid word’ on a par with obscene or profane language, and usually printed in newspapers ‘b---y’. It further states that the origin of the term is not certain. When Shaw’s use of bloody in Pygmalion or the use of damn in the movie Gone with the Wind aroused widespread public comments.” ( Wardhaugh, Ronald: 1986: p300)
&&&&& This uncertainty itself gives us a clue about “dirty”words: people who use them often do not know why they are taboo, only that they are, and to some extent, this is why they remain in language, to give vent to strong emotion.
2.3.2 Class Characters of Chinese Euphemisms
&&&&& Chinese has a long history. From the very beginning, only the powerful people, especially people in palace or in office have the access to obtain knowledge. After the influential figures had developed education, the society also became developed along with the develo business-men had the chance of learning language.And there were still a lot of illiterates among ordinary people after the establishment of the People’s Republic. Therefore, Chinese Han characters have some strict class rules in use. For example, the name of emperor cannot be used in ordinary life. It’s forbidden! Then the character would be replaced by another common word. The name of Chinese first emperor “”(Qinshi huang), “”was replaced by “”. Even the expression of death also has classifications. for emperor (means death like an earthquake); “”and “” for officials (means leaving official life); “”for ordinary people (means leaving their house). But “” can use for all people’death.
& Euphemism and Intercultural Communication
3.1 Euphemism and Social Value
&&&& There are seven different functions of language: informative, interpersonal, per-formative, emotive, phonic communciation, and recreational and mate-lingual functions. By far the most important sociological use of language is the interpersonal function by which people establish and maintain their status in a society. In our daily life, we cannot avoid communicate with people of different age, without the principle of cooperation, we should express our meaning with more polite words to replace those rude words. For example, in English, you can ask, “how old are you?” to a little child, but can not to an adult. In China, there also have differences when asking the age of an adult with the age of 20 to 30 between the age of 50 to 60 or 80 to 90. We always say “?” to an elder adult rather than “?” China have a long tradition of respect, like “please” in English, chinese always use “” when ask questions. Euphemisms help the formation of interpersonal function and do a good effect for a good atmosphere in our social life.
3.2 Euphemism and Intercultural Communication
&&&& When the rapid development of science and technology, our world becomes a global village. People from all around the world have a stronger tie than ever before. Intercultural communication turns out to be a hot topic. Every day, every time, we are having with people in various backgrounds. “One does not need to explain why one has to go to the toilet, go to the men’s (ladies’) room, rest room, washroom , lavatory and the John. If one does have to explain, it would be to wash one’s hands , to relieve oneself, or to see a man about a horse, or become nature calls (the last two in a humorous way); if a woman, one does so to powder her nose, to fresh up. If one does have trouble with one’s diet, or has an upset stomach, the doctor might ask, “How are your bowel movement?” and say, “We need a stool specimen”. For Chinese studying abroad, or for interpreters accompanying foreigners to the doctors’, not knowing the English for such things can be quite a predicament.”(Deng/Liu,1989: p86) The more you know, the more it helps. The relationship of euphemism and intercultural communication is mutual-benefit.
Conclusion
& &&A full view of euphemism is necessary in our daily life. Form the semantic study of euphemismsm, we get a linguistic knowledge about it. We also know the origin of euphemism from the relationship between culture and language, especially cameout of taboo words. Euphemism still has its influence on language study. The characters in English euphemisms and Chinese euphemisms gave us a basic view in inter-culture communication. A full knowledge of euphemism can avoid embarrassment in communication with multi-background people. Everything in all, euphemism will continue its status in today’s communication.
Bibliography
1Fromkin, V & R. R An introduction to Language[M]; Holt, Rinebart and Winston.1994
2Wardhaugh, R An Introduction to Social-linguistics[M]; Basil Blackwell Ltd. UK.1986
3/化―英汉语言文化对比》[M]; 1989
4/》[M]; 2004
5/ 《》[M]; 2001
http://210.35.164.11// 2003
  |    |    |  
版权所有:@ 智尚代写联盟 电话:1 客服QQ:
地址:广东中山市学院路1号 邮编:528402 技术支持:安徽三户网络 皖ICP备号认领者:Alleriawr
时间: 20:25
状态:翻译完成 / 审核通过
Living A Dream In China(1-2)
在中国实现一个梦想
Moving to China: Was I afraid?
It wtwo weeks before flying to China. I felt that I don&t want to go and wrote to my diary:
去中国:我害怕了吗?
在去中国两周以前。我感觉不是很想去,于是我写了下面的日记。
Yesterday I had the farewell party and it wlovely to meet all my friends. Again I have the feeling that I don&t have the courage to go. I hope this feeling will change to excitement.
昨天我举行了一场饯别会,能看到那些朋友我感到很高兴。再一次我感觉到我并没有离开的勇气。我希望这种想法能转变成兴奋的感觉。
Just before I reach my goal I feel scared. Is this really what I want? Will everything go well? What if I made the wrong decision?
在即将达成目标的时候我却害怕了。这真的是我想要的吗?会万事顺利吗?如果这是个错误的决定怎么办?
But when I got on the plane I felt excited. My dream whappening right then! It felt incredibly amazing when I realized that it wasn&t a distant hope anymore but a life I wliving. I also learned how important it is to have big dreams, work to make them happen and then remember to enjoy when it is happening.
但是当我登上飞机后我就变得兴奋了。我的梦想正在实现!当我发现我的梦想并不遥远,它已经是当下实实在在的生活了,我觉得这真是难以置信的让人惊讶。我也意识到有宏大的梦想是多么重要,去践行这些梦想然后记得享受其中的过程吧。
But it wasn&t that easy. My first night in Beijing wasn&t quite what I had expected. I wrote to my diary:
但是这并不容易。我在北京的第一个夜晚跟我所期待的很不一样,我把它写进了日记中:
I&m feeling afraid again. I&m in my safe hotel room and it feels like a huge task to go outside. But I just should go so I would get something to eat well. I wish I would have a friend with me here to give me courage. It makes me really annoyed to be this scared.
&我再次感到了害怕。我在我安全的旅馆房间中,看起来要走出去是件艰巨的任务。但我还是得出去找点东西来吃。我希望能有一个朋友在身边给予我鼓励。害怕的情绪真是让我厌烦。&
Finally I decided what time I go and then I went. It wasn&t that scary or difficult. Sure I spend too much money on food because forget to bargain and felt bad afterwards. But I did it. I went out all by my self, to a city that whuge and strange. I overcame my first difficulty but of course it wasn&t the last one.
最后我还是定了个时间然后走了出去,这并不那么让人害怕或是困难嘛。我在食物上花了很多钱,因为我没和他们讨价还价,所以感觉很糟,但是我还是做到了。我出去全靠自己,在一个巨大且陌生的城市,我战胜了第一个困难,当然这并不是最后一个。
At that time I still believed that some parts of China were more real than others. So in order to see more I went to Pingyao, which is still a tourist town. I arrived there on a early morning when everything wdark. I paid way too much for taxi in order to get to my hostel soon possible. But my experience with &true China& wasn&t that sweet.
那时我仍然相信中国有些地方比其他地方显得更加真实。所以为了多去看看这些地方我去了平遥,一个仍是景点的镇子。我在天色还很昏暗的凌晨到达那个地方。为了能尽快到达旅馆我花了很多钱在出租车上。但关于我&真实中国&的经历依然不那么甜美。
I&m feeling cold all the time. I want to leave this place. Tomorrow I will go to withdraw money and buy a train ticket. I could even take a standing ticket if I just can go. I feel sad and lonely. I hate traveling alone! I want to go somewhere warm. I&m almost crying. I could never live in a place that in the winter time you have to wear your jacket indoors well. I should be happy to see this part of China but it&s not easy. I don&t know how I dare to take a shower.
&我总是感觉很冷。我想离开这个地方。明天我会带足够的钱然后买张离开的火车票,只要能走要我买张站票都可以。我感到悲伤和孤独。我讨厌独自旅行!我想去些温暖的地方。我几乎要哭出来了。我永远不会住在一个冬天里得在室内穿夹克的地方。我本该为见到这样的中国而高兴但是这并不容易。我都不知道我是否敢去洗个澡。&
That evening alone in my cold room I felt like crap. But after that it became easier day by day. I learned how to travel and use the small Chinese vocabulary I had at that time. I wbrave and convinced my self that I can take care of my self. That wone of the goals for my five week trip
在那个孤独的傍晚我感觉糟透了。但后来随着时间的推移事情逐渐变得容易起来。我学会了如何旅行学会了如何运用我当时仅懂的一些中文词汇。我变得勇敢并且确信我自己能照顾好自己。这就是我此行目标之一。
So oh yes I wafraid. But now when months have passed by I&m not afraid to tell everyone. It is ok to be afraid but don&t let that fear to change your plans or take over. I think coming to China have been the most important turn in my life so far.
是的我的却很害怕,但在几个月过去后我已经并不害怕告诉其他人。感到害怕很正常,但是别让恐惧左右你的想法抑或是取而代之。我觉得来到中国是我一生中迄今为止最重要的旅行。
审核人:chen_lt
意见与回复
翻译[Alleriawr]:我只想说我翻那么久一提交结果发现被取消了
审核人[该用户已注册]:@Alleriawr 可能误操作了 请重新认领啊 辛苦了
审核人[chen_lt]:It wtwo weeks before flying to China. I felt that I don’t want to go and wrote to my diary:
——》在去中国的两周以前。我感觉不是很想去,于是就写了下面的日记。
审核人[chen_lt]:确实由于忘记讲价而且事后才知道食物很难吃所以我在食物上面花了很多的钱——》我在食物上面花了很多的钱,因为我没有和他们讨价还价,所以感觉很槽糕
审核人[chen_lt]:我感到随时都很冷——》我总是感觉到冷
审核人[chen_lt]:这为我在后五周能实现目标奠定了基础——》这就是我此行的目标之一。
翻译[Alleriawr]:非常感谢,已纠正
认领者:星星星星
时间: 12:41
博主介绍:
I am Sara Jaaksola,& a Finnish girl that has the life long passion for everything Chinese. I&m on a journey that will lead to fluency in Chinese language. I&m studying a Bachelor Degree in Chinese Language at the Sun Yat-Sen University.
I have been living in Guangzhou since March 2010 and feel like home in this city.
--------------------------------------------------------
我是sara jaaksola,一个对中国的一切都有着强烈热情的芬兰女孩。我在通向拥有流利中文的道路上。我正在中山大学攻读一个中文学士学位。我从2010年三月开始住在广州,在这个城市我有在家一样的感觉。
5 Reasons To Hate China
5个讨厌中国的理由
During my time in Guangzhou I&ve met people with different stages of culture shock, sometimes it seams that they really hate China.
在我在广州的这段期间,我见了很多对中国有文化冲突的人,而且程度都不太一样。
1. It&s dirty. People drink their coke and dump the bottle in the ground. When closing their shop for the night they take the garbage and throw them outside on the street.
1.这个城市很脏。人们喝可乐然后把瓶子扔在地上。当晚上关掉他们的店铺的时候他们会把垃圾扔在街上。
2. They are disgusting. They spit, burp and fart right in front of you. The lady selling you vegetables uses to pick her nose by her fingers.
2.他们很恶心。他们当着别人的面吐痰,打嗝,放屁。卖蔬菜的妇女用她们抠鼻子的手卖给你蔬菜。
3. Traffic will kill you. They don&t care about any kind of rules. Red light is not red if there isn&t a police officer reminding it. They speed and overtake you like they&re in F1.
3.糟糕至极的交通习惯。人们不关心任何交通规则。当没有交警提示的情况下红灯也没有了意义。人们超速超车,速度之快仿佛他们在参加一级方程式赛车赛。
4. Food is inedible. You can have all sorts of disgusting creatures on your plate even you didn&t order them. They eat steak with a rice. And when it&s the hottest day of the summer they don&t have any water in the restaurant but they&ll ask if you would like a cup of tea.
4.食物不可以吃。即使你没有点各种恶心的生物你也能在你的食物盘子里发现它们。人们用米饭配牛排。在夏天最热的时候餐厅里没有任何水,但是如果你愿意喝杯茶他们会有的。
5. They are stupid. They can&t solve any problem that requires creative thinking. They sit on the aisle side of the seat in the bus even the window seat is free. They keep the door open when they have air conditioner on. There&s so many reasons to hate Chinese people.
5.人们很愚蠢。人们不会解决任何需要有创造性思维的问题。即使靠窗的位置是空闲的,人们也会选靠走道的位置坐下。人们在开着空调的房间里也开着门。
还有很多可以讨厌中国的理由。
China is everything. It can be like this if you are only concentrating in the negative things. But is that really the way to see another culture?
中国拥有很多方面。他会像这样如果你只是在意那些负面的事情。但是这是看待其他文化的正确方式吗。
意见与回复
审核人[chen_lt]:孙中山大学——》中山大学
审核人[chen_lt]:我遇见了很多有着不同文化背景的人——》我见了很多对中国有文化冲突的人,而且程度都不太一样
审核人[chen_lt]:人们坐在公交车座位旁边的通道上即使靠窗的位置是空闲的。——》即使靠窗的那个位子是空的,人们也会选靠走道的那个座位坐下
审核人[chen_lt]:这就是很多讨厌中国人的理由
——》还有很多理由可以讨厌中国人
审核人[chen_lt]:但是这也是一个了解其他文化的方式。——但是这是看待其他文化的正确方式吗?
翻译[星星星星]:谢谢,辛苦了
认领者:我是来学英语的
时间: 21:23
Chinaren & 3 years ago
Haha! You posted this after about 3 weeks in China yes?
Everyone goes through exactly these feelings after a little while here!
Nice blog. :)
哈哈!你到中国来三周了吗?
每个人来到这里都会有这些感触!
不错的博客
john & 2 years ago
&They sit on the aisle side of the seat in the bus even the window seat is free. They keep the door open when they have air conditioner on.&
Haha! That's GREAT! I thought I was the only person who noticed the first and have to CONSTANTLY fight with my students about the second!
Oh, and I love watching them open umbrellas on the bus or hop from side to side like a ping pong ball to avoid the sun! ;)
他们(指中国人)在公交车上坐在靠近走道的座位而将靠窗的座位空置。他们在开着空调的时候还开着门。
哈哈!好极了!(反讽)我还以为我是唯一一个注意到第一个事情的人呢,而且我不得不和我的学生就第二个事情不断的争论。
噢,我还喜欢看他们在公交车上打伞或者为了躲避太阳像乒乓球一样不断的跳来跳去!
Sara & 2 years ago
John, I see it every time I take the bus. And if you want to sit on the window seat they won't stand up, they just move their legs a tiny bit and you almost sit on their lap when reaching the seat
John,你说的情况我坐公交车的时候经常看到。而且即使你想要坐窗户边的位置他们也不会站起来,他们只会微微挪动他们的脚,而当你靠近座位时你几乎都要坐到他们的膝上了。
Pinky &Sara & a year ago
I thought I was the only one notice this. Every time I get on a bus, I see these people. They take the seats by the aisle so people can&t access the inner seats. I talked about this with a classmate of mine and she said I was oversensitive!
我认为我是唯一注意到这个情况的人。每当我上了公交车,我看到这样一些人。他们坐在靠近走道的座位,因此别人没办法坐到里面的座位。我和我的同学提到这件事,她说我多心眼。
esteems & 2 years ago
China is becoming more and more dangerous. They have more disposable wealth, more technology, more roads and cars, but they don't really know much about life. Do they know what love is? Has Truth any impact on their consciences? Can empathy find a place among them? Everything seems so superficial. The most dangerous thing about China is it's stupidity. It is relentless and unshakeable. But you know stupidity only deliberate evil is more evil than stupidity!
中国变得越来越危险。他们拥有更多的可支配财富,更多技术,更多道路和汽车,但是他们没有真正理解生活。他们知道什么是爱吗?他们的良心能够真正受到真理的感动吗?他们有同情心吗?一切都看起来那么肤浅。对于中国来说最危险的事情就是它的愚蠢。这是持续还不可改变的。但是你知道愚蠢破坏了善良;蓄意的恶行比愚蠢更有害!
意见与回复
审核人[chen_lt]:每个人来到这里之后都会有些感触——》每个人来到这里之后都会有这些感触
审核人[chen_lt]:我认为我是唯一一个注意到的自己不得不一次又一次和我学生争吵的人!
——》我还以为我是唯一一个注意到第一个事情的人呢,而且我不得不和我的学生就第二个事情不断的争论。
审核人[chen_lt]:他们拥有更多一次性的财富(指不可再生资源——》他们拥有更多的可支配财富
审核人[chen_lt]:他们的良心有真正的受到冲击吗——》他们的良心能够受到真理的感动吗?
审核人[chen_lt]:他们有共同的感触吗——》他们有同情心吗
审核人[chen_lt]:不料蓄意的恶行比愚蠢更有害——》蓄意的恶行比愚蠢更有害
翻译[我是来学英语的]:修改好了
认领者:天马行空般思考
时间: 22:31
Sara & 2 years ago
esteems, What makes you think that Chinese people doesn't know what love is?
I can understand the truth part because the truth doesn't always matter. Anything you ask they can just answer with 没有 meiyou, which literally mean don't have but can also mean that they don't want to tell you, they don't you to know that they don't know or just that they are too sleepy to do anything right now.
You think Chinese people are stupid? Maybe because they don't seem to have common sense? I have to admit that sometimes I think that too. But if I'm talking in English with them maybe their language skills just aren't good enough to show their intelligence. Or if I'm talking in Chinese maybe my Chinese isn't good enough. And if you read some history you will soon find out that for many years Chinese people were discouraged to think on their own.
先生,是什么让你觉得中国人对爱一无所知?
我能理解你所说的真理,因为真理并不总是那么重要。你问他们任何事他们都只是回复&木有&,从字面上可以那么理解但同样可以表示他们不想告诉你,他们不想告诉你他们并不清楚或者是他们现在懒得去管。
你觉得中国人都傻?也许是因为他们没常识?我得承认有时候我也这么觉得。但假设我是用英语和他们交谈只是因为语言的原因他们无法展示出他们的智慧。或者用中文沟通我的中文又不够好。而且如果熟悉他们的历史你就会发现这么多年来中国人并不被鼓励去进行独立思考
Finlanren & 2 years ago
heh, to counter-balance this blog entry, here is another opinion by another Finn
-It's just great out here in Beijing. The food's just amazing, I mainly eat Chinese food, but also Korean BBQ, authentic Thai etc. They've got every type of cuisine (including Finnish, where on earth could you find a Finnish restaurant far from Finland, except in Beijing of course). Moreover, they have stuff like vastly improved Pizza Hut products due to Chinese design. My experience of Pizza Hut is that in the UK it is not good at all, only the buffet is worth going to because it&s cheap. Yet in Beijing I would not even know that I&m eating Pizza Hut, it&s so different and so much better. And then there is cheap places like Origus, with pizza, ice cream and beer buffet all for about 6e, but of course you should not get drunk in a buffet place, because no Chinese is drunk there.
呵呵,为了平衡这个博客里的意见人数,就发一个芬兰人的不同意见。
这就是伟大的北京。这里的食物令人惊叹,我主食是中国菜,偶尔也吃韩国烧烤,正宗的泰国菜等等。他们有各种样式的烹饪(包括芬兰菜,哦想想在远离芬兰的土地上哪还能找到芬兰餐馆,当然是期待在北京了)。更妙的是,他们根据中国人自己的设计食材极好的改进了必胜客的产品。我的个人感受是在英国必胜客一点都不可口,只有那里的自助餐才值得一去,因为便宜。但在中国我甚至不知道我这是在吃披萨,口感完全不同且更加美味。还有其他类似的快餐像无论是披萨, 冰淇林还是啤酒自助餐都是六欧元的好伦哥,当让你不能在自助餐馆喝醉,因为这里没有中国人酗酒。
意见与回复
审核人[chen_lt]:我能理解那部分真相因为事实并不总是那么重要——》我能理解你所说的真理,因为真理并不总是那么重要
审核人[chen_lt]:而且如果熟悉他们的历史你就会发现这么多年来中国人总是不勇于考虑他们自己。
——》而且如果熟悉他们的历史你就会发现这么多年来中国人并不被鼓励去进行独立思考
审核人[chen_lt]:唯一值得去选择的原因是因为低廉的价格——》只有那里的自助餐才值得一去,因为便宜
认领者:Alleriawr
时间: 21:07
-I've got respect for the Chinese because of their high values. These people don't live for the instant gratification (meaning they don't rush to satisfy their instant urges blindly, but instead harbour deeper thoughts and goals in their heads).
-Not many countries get, for example, special Japanese products as cheap as the Chinese, and very few countries get them at all. Plus China can design and produce very high quality products.
-The people in general, I like the way many men are sort of philosophical and funny
-Deeply ingrained culture of hospitality meaning people are nice! (though it is not easy to find sufficient measures of reciprocation. Personally as a man I am not into shopping hundreds of gifts each year)
-Great opportunity to expand one's thinking for a Westerner, because it&s a different world out there and they have slightly different outlook on life.
-由于中国人的高尚价值观使我对他们产生了尊敬。他们并不是为了一时的欢愉而生活(意思是他们并不是急着追求一时盲目的冲动),而是,在他们的脑海里拥有很多深刻的想法和目标。
-没有几个国家能像中国那样以低廉的价格获得(举个例子)廉价的日本产品,很少有国家能做到这一点。加上中国能自己设计和制造高性能产品。
-对于一般的大众,我喜欢他们那种富有哲学的头脑和幽默。
-深深植根于文化中那殷勤好客的风气意味着那的人民很棒!(虽然要找到足够的东西作为回报不容易。从个人角度来讲作为一个男人我不会每年往商店里钻去买很多礼物)
-对一个西方人而言,去中国能拓展你的视野,因为那是一个不同的世界而且他们对生活的看法也有些微的不同。
意见与回复
审核人[chen_lt]:而是把更多的想法和目的深藏于心——》而是,在他们的脑海里拥有很多深刻的想法和目标
审核人[chen_lt]:没有太多国家能做到,举个例来说,只有特殊的日本产品才和中国的一样便宜,但几乎没有国家能购买到——》没有几个国家能像中国那样以低廉的价格获得(举个例子)特殊的日本产品,很少有国家可以做到这一点。
审核人[chen_lt]:要扩展他们对西方人的看法很容易——》对于一个西方人而言,去中国可以开拓你的视野
翻译[Alleriawr]:非常感谢,已纠正。
认领者:Cicy
时间: 13:02
-Traditional Chinese Medicine is at moment curing me from always very easily feeling cold in my feet and palms, feels great and warm. Moreover, the doctor listened to my pulse without knowing a thing about me and then concluded many medical things about me that I knew were correct, but she knew them from just taking my pulse, which certainly is above the comprehension of Western doctors.
-China has some awesome places from desert thrill rides on four wheels to beautiful landscapes in the wild. Cities, well, I only know Beijing really, and it is gorgeus, it takes a bit of getting used to because of the culture shock, but it definetely has its charm and made me miss it a lot and its food while back in Europe. It is this huge bustling metropolis with a lot exciting things always going on, compared to its American counterparts that might seem boring in comparison. In Beijing you won&t end up walking down tons of streets without street vendors and there is always something new just behind the corner. And it comes with hutongs and thousands of years of history. And it has something like Central Park in NY, but I like it better. Well, there is no need to blabber, just go check it out on
which is China's Google street view tool, encompassing Beijing and tens of other Chinese cities allowing one walk in the virtual streets..
here is a link to a street where people are just about to say hi to the cameraman
/panosearch...
&&中医将我手脚易凉的情况治好了。更神奇的是,中医在对我一无所知的情况下只通过把脉就能说出我的准确的病情。她仅仅通过把脉就能知道这么多,这比西医强多了!
&&中国有很多神奇的地方,例如能用四轮车穿越的沙漠和有着美丽的地貌的旷野。对于城市,我只知道北京,一个很繁华的城市。尽管由于文化不同需要一定时间去适应,但它有着独特的魅力,让我在回到欧洲后还经常怀念它以及它的美食。北京是一个巨大的繁华的大都市,每天都有令人兴奋的事情发生,相比之下,美国都显得烦闷。在北京,每条街都有街头小贩,在转角,总有新鲜的事在等着你。还有北京的胡同和几千年的历史。北京有一个类似纽约中央公园的地方,不过我更爱北京的。好,我不啰嗦了,从 这里可以看到北京和几十个中国城市的虚拟街景,这个网站类似google的街景工具。
这是链接是人们在街上对摄影师问好的场景:/panosearch...
意见与回复
认领者:Ericfather
时间: 22:15
Nomad & 2 years ago
:D That it is! My now ex-(tibetan)boyfriend accused me of being dirty when I lifted dogs food bowl above the table while he and his friends were spitting and throwing sigaret butts everywhere in our apartment
:D 就是这样的!我的前男友(藏族人)认为我把狗粮的碗放在桌子上喂狗的行为不卫生,与此同时他和他的朋友却在我们的公寓内随地吐痰和乱扔烟头。
C & a year ago
you forgot about the squatting toilets...s the most disgusting thing i can think of in asian countries or china
你忘了说蹲厕了......那个我认为亚洲国家或者中国最恶心的东西。
Laowai (!) & a year ago
Actually i found your blog interesting and I have been here 4yrs and most of the things that were written in this blog seems to portrait the real-china-people!!! hahaha......i'm willing to contribute my experiences i have had &if& i get a reply from you!!!
Keep up the good work enlightening all &laowai's! who are preparing to come to china for whichever purposes.
我认为你的博客非常有趣,我到中国4年了,你博客中所写的大部分东西是真实的!哈哈哈......如果你同意的话,我也愿意见我的经历分享出来!
博主好好写,给那些无论什么原因将来准备去中国的&老外&们一些参考。
john c & a year ago
After 7 years of teaching in China I am finally back in Australia. All you have written in this page article is true, at least for us Westerners.
经过七年在中国的教学之后我最终回到了澳大利亚。你文章所写的都是正确的,至少对我们西方人来说。
Blackinchina &john c & a year ago
Your right! I'm a black guy and I have been here in 中国 for four years, I just can't understand the mentality of these chinese people. Very funny indeed, they look down upon &us& and really....we laugh at them as ever seen &fools&!!!
你说的非常正确!我是一个在中国呆了四年的黑人,但仍然无法理解中国人的心里想法。非常有意思的是,他们看不起&我们&...而我们也笑他们像&傻瓜&。
意见与回复
审核人[该用户已注册]:@Ericfather 漏了倒数第二段
认领者:chen_lt
时间: 15:34
Mofeed & a year ago
I read many of your blog entries and myself I have been coming to China for the past 20 years or more and still see China as a primitive place and wonder how they can arrive to a growth every year and how all the world needs to trade with them. You're right, they spit every where, offer hot drinks on a hot day and frustrate you when you are in a mess and need information then they get into long and long conversations then come back at you with stupid answers or none. Yet, they are growing economically faster than any body! It puzzles me. But they are funny as hell when you get closer to them and very warm. Not to forget that their mouths smell like hell when you near them by chance, this alone makes me stay away from them.
我读了很多你的博客并且在过去的二十年中甚至更久之前我自己也去过中国。我还是把中国看做一个古老的国家。我也十分惊奇中国如何达到每年的发展并且全世界都需要和中国做交易。你说的没错,中国人随地吐痰,在大夏天提供热饮,当你一团糟的时候让你更加沮丧,当你需要某个信息时他们会给你说很长一段废话然后在用一个愚蠢的答案搪塞你或者什么都没有。但是,他们的经济却无人能比的飞速发展着。这让我困惑。但是当你与他们亲近之后你会发现他们搞笑的要命并且都十分热情。不要忘了当你偶然接近他们时,他们的嘴巴闻起来像地狱,这是让我一直远离他们的原因。
Dylan & a year ago
I've been living in Guangzhou (aka cockroach-city), China since 2009 and as a Germany-born and raised Chinese, I was (and still kinda am) utterly ashamed of this country of my supposed roots based on my experiences.
At the same time, this country has improved. It was worse back then and I think we have unintentionally high expectations from China because the media is blowing it up as one of the biggest front-runner economically. It's still not a real modern country (especially from the mentality of the people).
I think, it's not too clich& when I say it isn't the worst place to live (or to be stuck?), but I'll be happy when the time has come and I can finally get the hell out of here. Already for the fact that facebook and youtube (and even google at times--- BIIIG SIGH!) are blocked in here.
我一直生活在广州,从2009年开始。作为一个在德国出生却长在中国的人,根据我自己的亲身经历,我之前为这个国家感到羞耻。但是这个国家也在不断的进步中。当时的情况更糟,我们无意中对中国抱有很高的期望,因为媒体们铺天盖地的报道说中国在经济上遥遥领先。这并不是一个真正意义上的现代国家(特别是从其人民的精神面貌中可以看出这一点)。我觉得要是我说这是世界上最不适宜居住的地方肯定会显得老生常谈,但是如果有一天我离开这个国家了,我会非常的开心的。因为在这儿连脸谱网和youtube都不能上,有时候连谷歌也上不了。
意见与回复
时间: 23:32
heahe & a year ago
as a chinese, I totally agree with your view about China. The toilet is a disaster for everyone. China need do a lot of thing to improve the whole country. It's just the beginning of Long March.
作为一个中国人,我完全同意你对中国的观点。厕所对每个人来说的确像一场灾难。中国还需要做很多事情去提高国家的个个方面。这只是&长征&的开始。
Desmond & a year ago
In fact, you only see a small part of China's advantages, I just want to say, the Chinese are too many people want to achieve this civilization like the United States or Japan need a lot of time to adapt to China's only a few decades to build civilization , China in 1949 until the end of the war. It has been very great!
事实上,你只看了中国一小部分的优点,我想说的是,有很多中国人想达到像美国或者日本一样的文明程度,这需要很长的时间慢慢去适应改变,中国才建立文明几十年而已,中国1949才脱离战争。不过已经非常了不起了!
Alan & a year ago
My wife is Chinese. What I can't understand every time I come here is their obsession for food. 90% of the family's daily conversations is around food! It's like they are completely brainwashed. Sometimes while eating lunch my father in law will ask me what I want to eat for TOMORROW'S lunch?! FFS man I appreciate the care but take one day at a time!
我的妻子是中国人。我不能理解的是中国人对食物的迷恋。90%的家庭日常对话都是围绕着食物!好像他们完全被洗脑了一样。有时候当我们吃午饭的时候,我岳父会问我明天中午吃什么?!这都他妈什么人!我非常感谢您的关心,但是能不能消停一天啊!
Canuck & 11 months ago
I find that most Chinese people have a main symptom of autism - unable to understand that other beings have thoughts and feelings. That answers pretty much everything here.
Sitting on the aisle seat in buses when the window seat is empty, they don't understand that other people feel uncomfortable standing.
Throwing garbage on streets, they don't understand that it disgusts others.
In classes, they often watch YouTube videos on their laptops, unable to understand that it distracts other students.
You can find a horrifying YouTube video of Chinese fur farmers pulling the skin off animals while they are still alive. Do they not understand that animals feel pain?
I have an endless list of things like these. If you are Chinese, what is it like from your perspective?
我发现大部分中国人有自闭症的症状&&不去理解其他人的想法和感受。这就很好的解释了这里所有的问题。
坐公交的时候喜欢坐过道一侧的位置即使靠窗户一侧的座位是空的,从不去关心其它站着的人的感受。
在街上乱扔垃圾,从不关心是否会令其他人恶心。
上课的时候,他们常常用笔记本看youtube的视频,不去关心是否会打扰其他人。
你可以在youtube上找到中国收割毛皮的农民在活生生的动物身上活剥毛皮的恐怖视频。难道他们不觉得动物们很痛苦吗?
这些类似的事情我可以举出很多很多。如果你是一个中国人,请从你角度说说你怎么看?
意见与回复
审核人[chen_lt]:这个答案很好的解释了所有问题。
——》这就很好的解释了这里所有的问题
翻译[Ericfather]:辛苦了,已修改
时间: 22:53
Sara &Canuck & 11 months ago
I think that because of lot of things that have happened in the past, Chinese people care about the people close to them (family and friends), also care about those who might be helpful to themselves. But all the other people are just strangers and there isn't enough time to care all of them. And right now in China if you are too polite you usually don't get things done.
p.s. My original meaning of this post was to let people think why they always complain about China and if that's the best way to live here.
我觉得可能是过去发生的事情使得中国人关心与他们亲近的人(亲人和朋友),也关心一些对他们有帮助的人。但是其他的人就是陌生人了,中国人不会花时间去关心他们。现如今在中国如果你太客气了,你可能什么事情都完成不了。
PS.我这条评论的本意是让人们知道他们经常抱怨的中国事情的原因,知道如何在中国过的更好。
Canuck &Sara & 11 months ago
I was actually referring to Chinese people in Canada. According to the census, in Vancouver where I live, half the population is Chinese. Of course it's not just Chinese people that do the things I described, but I find they are 5+ times more likely to.
The languages they learn may be a reason. In Mandarin, every word has it's own symbol, so there are thousands of symbols to learn. Learning that kind of language would make high use of the temporal lobes, which are parts of the brain behind instinctual, illogical kind of behavior. Compare that to English, which uses logical rules to form thousands of words using 26 letters. That kind of language makes higher use of the frontal lobes, which are behind logical, conservative, rational kind of behavior.
So our observations aren't racist. There is neurological reasoning behind the way they act.
我指的是在加拿大的中国人。根据人口普查结果,我住的温哥华有一半人口是中国人。当然我要说的事情不仅仅是指中国人,但是中国人有至少5倍的可能性。
他们所学习的语言可能是其中一个原因。在普通话里,每个字都有自己的象征意义,所以要学数以千计的字符。学习这种语言要经常使用颞叶,颞叶是大脑的一部分位于控制本能和非逻辑行为区域的内侧。相比只需26个字母用一定逻辑顺序组成数以千计的词语的英语来说,英文更多的使用的是额叶,额叶位于控制逻辑、稳定和理性行为区域的内侧。所以我们的评论并不是种族主义。他们行为方式的背后有神经系统方面的原因。
shahryar & 11 months ago
i hate the name &china& cause it comes with every low quality and fake goods
我讨厌带有&中国&两字的东西,因为这常常代表这劣质品和赝品。
意见与回复
认领者:Alleriawr
时间: 04:50
Stanley Ho & 8 months ago
on 5:the reason for them to sit on the aisle side when the window seat's& free is to discourage people from sitting next to them so they can have more space.& really selfish reason.& the intent is to make whomever wants that seat to take the hassle of getting in and out ( don't expect them to get up or move their legs so you can get through).&
关于第五条:他们在窗户边位置空着时却总是坐在靠走廊边位置的原因是不想让别人去坐好让自己有更多的空间,真是自私的想法,只是为了让里面座位的乘客进出更麻烦(不要期望他们会移开自己的脚好让让你进出)
on 4: usually restaurants give you tap water.
关于第四条:餐馆给你喝的水通常是自来水。
2: well, there's not much to say about that although you see that less when you are in bigger international cities like Hong Kong or Shanghai.&
关于第二条:嗯,关于那个根本没必要再多说,虽然在一些国际化大都市诸如香港或是上海你见到的不文明情况会少一点。
1: i've seen worse.&& sometimes they dump their garbage in front of other people's houses.
关于第一点:我见过更糟的,有时他们会把自己的垃圾仍在别人家门口。
Mac Jamie &Stanley Ho & 8 months ago
im also like that, dont want people sitting next to me so i yake the aisle. they aleays move for me. but they do lean into u a bit, like thry got no regard for your space, which in China,is seen as yhe others space
回复Stanley Ho
我也是这个样子,不喜欢别人坐我旁边,所以我通常会选过道的位置坐下。他们通常会把座位让出来。但是他们喜欢往你那边靠,好像他们并不尊重你的私有空间,而在中国似乎没有所谓的私人空间,你的空间就是别人的空间。
Nico Venter & 8 months ago
I have been reading some of your blogs and i enjoy them tremendously. You also take very good pictures that tell a story and that makes it even more interesting
你好,Sara
我阅览了一部分你的博客,我非常喜欢它们。你拍了些不错的照片还配上文字说明,让它们变得更有趣了。
I live in South Africa and there is a fairly large Chinese community close to my house and because of my studies (TEFL or ESL) I started tutoring English to the more resent residents of 'China Town' .
我生活在南非,有一个相当大的中国社区在我家旁边,由于我的专业(对外英语教学或者说非母语英语教学)的原因,我开始对&中国城&那些令人厌烦的居民教授英语。
I guess this is my preview of china before i go anyway I find the Chinese people extremely friendly and inviting everyone will invite you in from the street to have tea if you stand still and look remotely interested .Is this the same for you now? And lots of your photos it really looks clean or is it that my standard are just so low?
我想上面对中国人的理解只是我的偏见,后来我发现中国人民非常的友好而且总是邀请他人,就算你只是在街上远远地站着而且看起来很有兴趣的话你照样会受到喝茶的邀请。现在你会受到同样的款待吗?而且你大多数照片看起来很干净啊还是这只是因为我的标准很低而已?
Johannesburg is not the cleanest, definit啊ely not like any city in Sweden or Europe for that matter.
约翰内斯堡也不是最干净的,至少肯定比瑞典或是其他的欧洲城市要差。
意见与回复
审核人[chen_lt]:餐馆通常提供自来水——》餐馆给你喝的水通常是自来水
审核人[chen_lt]:我也遇到过这种情况,就是为了不让别人坐我旁边所以我就坐靠走廊这边。虽然他们会给我让,但他们身子动都不动一下,就像是他们更本没考虑到你的位置,这在中国,看上去就像是其他人的位置。样。
——》我也是那个样子,不想让别人坐在我身边,所以我通常会选过道的位置坐下。他们一般会把位子让出来。但是他们喜欢往你那边靠,好像他们并不尊重你的私有空间,而在中国似乎没有所谓的私有空间,你的空间就是别人的空间
审核人[chen_lt]:就算你只是在街上站着而且看起来不感兴趣你照样会受到喝茶的邀请——》就算你只是在街上站着而且远远的看起来很感兴趣的话你就会受到喝茶的邀请
翻译[Alleriawr]:非常感谢,已纠正。

我要回帖

更多关于 以欣赏为题写一篇作文 的文章

随机推荐