AMERICANTpdf英文翻译成中文中文

当前位置: >>
American Teenagers(翻译的)
American Teenagers Dangerously Sleep Deprived (失眠 失眠) 失眠Sixteen-year-old Danny is a typically active teenager. He plays lacrosse(长曲棍球) and football and likes listening to rock music. But Danny is also part of a growing number of teenagers who are sleep deprived. &Getting up in the morning is pretty terrible,& he says. &I'm just very out of it(窘困) and tired. And then, going to school, I'm out of it. And through first and second period [classes], I can barely stay awake(勉强保持清醒).& Danny is not alone. Surveys show that half of all teenagers in the country are missing an average of one to one and a half hours of sleep every school night, and that's having negative consequences on their performance - in and out of the classroom. While some believe that a teenager's reluctance to get up in the morning is sheer laziness (完全的懒惰) sleep experts say that's not necessarily the case. Michael Breus, a clinical , psychologist(临床心理学家) who specializes in sleep disorders(转门研究睡眠失调), says kids like Danny aren't just a bunch of lazy kids. &These are children whose biological rhythms(生理周期), more times than not(在很多 情况下), are off(会离开),& says Breus. Negative consequences Teenager's biological rhythms - often referred to as their circadian rhythms(昼日节律) favor later bedtimes and later wake-up times. But, with many school systems starting classes as early as 7 a.m., teenagers like Danny often come to school half asleep. &We have long known that the more sleep deprived you are, the more cranky (怪癖)you are. So when your child, who really needs eight or nine hours, is only sleeping for seven hours a night, they are going to experience a form of depression(沮丧) that could be significant and could have some pretty major effects on their overall well-being(健康).& According to doctor Breus, that mood-altering deficit (情绪调节的不足) can affect a teen's ( , academic performance 学习成绩) their athletic ability and even their performance behind the wheel of a car. Any drowsy driver(昏昏欲睡的司机) is dangerous,of course , but especially a teenager with a lack of experience can be even more dangerous. Doctor Breus acknowledges that there are other factors that contribute to a teenager's sleep loss. School is one area where small changes can bring about dramatic results(戏 剧性的结果). &There've been multiple research studies that now show that in fact when you change the school start time, allowing children to start later in the morning, their grades(成绩) go up by almost a full letter grade in their first- and second-period (classes),& he says. Later school start time equals happier, healthier teens Dozens of school districts around the country have been looking at these studies and are considering ways to adjust(调整) their class schedules. Eric Peterson is head of St. George's School, a private boarding school(私立寄宿学校) for grades 9-12 in the northeastern state of Rhode Island(罗德岛州). After looking at the medical research on adolescent sleep(青春期少年睡眠)needs and observing students in his own school, Peterson decided to change his school's start time from 8:00 am to 8:30 am on a trial basis to see if a 30-minute change would make a difference. &What was really astonishing was how many benefits and how significant the benefits were,& &In the research itself, we saw just over a 50% decrease in health-center admissions for fatigue(疲劳), or fatigue-related illness, or rest requests(请假). We saw almost 35 percent decrease in first-period tardiness. Students reported that they were more alert. They were less sleepy during the day.& And, according to Dr. Patricia Moss, assistant dean(副院长) for Academic Affairs at St. George's School, students weren't the only ones reporting better results in the classroom. “I can say that and in totally virtually (事实上) all the teachers almost noticed immediately much more alertness in the classroom, definitely 显然) a more positive mood all around.” ( &Kids were happier to be there at 8:30 than they were at 8:00,& she says. &So our experience across the total spectrum was, universally, extremely positive and surprisingly so.& Peterson says there was another surprising benefit to the later start time. &We saw probably a greater than 30 percent increase in student attendance at breakfast, and of the food that they were eating. We more than doubled the amount of milk, eggs, fruit and cereal. So it was quality breakfast foods that the kids were eating. So they were better fueled as well as better rested(精力充沛).& Doctor Ross and Peterson acknowledge that making schedule changes has been easier at a small, private boarding school than it might be for the larger U.S. public school system. But they are hopeful that others will find a way. &In the end,& says Peterson, &schools ought to do what's the right thing for their students, first and foremost(最重要的), and this element of the program is very clear - certainly for us as a school - but I think as a general example to other schools, is pretty compelling(受 争议的), and so I would argue that it's worth doing.& In the meantime(在此期间), experts say that - as we learn more about adolescent sleep patterns and exactly why they need those nine hours of sleep - it is up to families and individual students like Danny to take personal responsibility for paying more attention to sleep as an essential element of a healthy life.
All rights reserved Powered by
www.tceic.com
copyright &copyright 。文档资料库内容来自网络,如有侵犯请联系客服。A drought across much of the United States is forcing farmers to make difficult decisions.
Damage to corn and soybeans is already severe in the hardest-hit areas.
Alan Bowers Junior is a farmer in the state of Illinois in the Midwest.
ALAN BOWERS JR.: "You get up in the morning, and you think it might be another thirteen months before we get a paycheck.
The corn and soybean crop is our paycheck."
The corn on his farm is so dry, the stalks break apart just by touching them.
The maize is unusable.
So in the middle of July, Alan Bowers decided to cut down his crop to avoid a total loss.
ALAN BOWERS JR.: "We are making what they call corn silage out of this for the animals, for the cows.
And if you wait till it’s completely dried up, it won’t even make suitable feed for the animals."
Alan Bowers and his wife, Lori, are hoping for a small insurance settlement to help them pay their bills until next year.
LORI BOWERS: "People don’t realize we have no boss and we have nobody to help us.
And it’s tough.
You have to work together.
You have to work with a husband and a wife and family, and together try to work through it."
The Bowers could also lose their soybeans to the record high temperatures and lack of rain in the worst drought in more than half a century.
And Alan Bowers says if next year is anything like this, the farm itself may not survive.
The farm has been in his family for four generations.
The drought is reducing the depth of the Mississippi River, the nation’s longest and most economically important waterway.
Last year, heavy rains flooded the banks along parts of the Mississippi.
This year, the level is so low, shipwrecks normally hidden underwater can be clearly seen.
Jasen Brown is a hydraulic engineer with the Army Corps of Engineers.
JASEN BROWN: "So there’s a lot of money at stake for these farmers, and there’s other commodities that are coming down the river as well.
It’s not just grain, but it’s also some chemicals that are coming down the river.
Coal is coming down the river.
Various different things like that."
Sixty percent of all grain exported from the United States travels on barges along the Mississippi.
An Army Corps of Engineers survey ship called the MV Pathfinder looks for places along the river that are not deep enough for traffic.
Crews then either dredge the sites to make them deeper or mark them with warning buoys.
Terry Bequette, the ship’s captain, says companies have to lighten the loads of their barges when the water level is low.
TERRY BEQUETTE: "It’s low and it’s bad, but it’s not the end-of-the-world bad.
The industry just lightens their loads and hopes for the best."
A new American Meteorological Society study links climate change to a drought last year in Texas and some other extreme weather events.
Natural conditions played a part.
But the study found that human activity made the Texas drought twenty times more likely than in the nineteen sixties.
And that’s the VOA Special English Agriculture Report.
To read and listen to more stories for people learning English, go to voaspecialenglish.com.
I’m Jim Tedder.
???-??????
双击原文单词查看解释
This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report.
这里是美国之音慢速英语农业报道。
A drought across much of the United States is forcing farmers to make difficult decisions. Damage to corn and soybeans is already severe in the hardest-hit areas.
席卷美国大部分地区的干旱正迫使农民做出艰难决定。在严重受灾地区,玉米和大豆损害严重。
Alan Bowers Junior is a farmer in the state of Illinois in the Midwest.
Alan Bowers Junior是伊利诺斯州中西部地区的一名农民。
ALAN BOWERS JR.: "You get up in the morning, and you think it might be another thirteen months before we get a paycheck. The corn and soybean crop is our paycheck."
ALAN BOWERS JR:“早上一起床,你就会觉得可能得再过13个月才能获得报酬。玉米和大豆作物正是我们的报酬。”
The corn on his farm is so dry, the stalks break apart just by touching them.The maize is unusable. So in the middle of July, Alan Bowers decided to cut down his crop to avoid a total loss.
他农场的玉米十分干燥,秸秆一被触碰就会断裂。玉米也便无法成熟。”因此在7月中旬,Alan Bowers决定砍掉农作物以避免全部损失。
ALAN BOWERS JR.: "We are making what they call corn silage out of this for the animals, for the cows. And if you wait till it’s completely dried up, it won’t even make suitable feed for the animals."
ALAN BOWERS JR:“我们正在用它们为畜养的牛制作玉米青贮饲料。如果等到它完全干枯,它甚至不适合做动物饲料了。”
Alan Bowers and his wife, Lori, are hoping for a small insurance settlement to help them pay their bills until next year.
Alan Bowers和他的妻子Lori希望能获得一小份保险结算能帮助他们支付明年以前的账单。
LORI BOWERS: "People don’t realize we have no boss and we have nobody to help us. And it’s tough. You have to work together. You have to work with a husband and a wife and family, and together try to work through it."
LORI BOWERS:“大家没有意识到我们没有老板,没有人来帮助我们。这是很艰难的。我们必须共同努力。我们必须和丈夫、妻子、家人一起试图努力工作度过难关。”
The Bowers could also lose their soybeans to the record high temperatures and lack of rain in the worst drought in more than half a century.
Bowers夫妇也可能由于半个多世纪中这创记录的高温以及最严重干旱少雨而造成大豆的损失。
And Alan Bowers says if next year is anything like this, the farm itself may not survive. The farm has been in his family for four generations.
Alan Bowers说,如果明年还是这样,农场本身可能无法维持了。他家庭中的四代人都经营着这一农场。
The drought is reducing the depth of the Mississippi River, the nation’s longest and most economically important waterway. Last year, heavy rains flooded the banks along parts of the Mississippi. This year, the level is so low, shipwrecks normally hidden underwater can be clearly seen.
干旱降低了全国最长和最经济重要航道密西西比河的水位。去年,大雨淹没了密西西比河部分河岸。今年,水位却低的通常隐藏在水下的沉船可以清楚地看到。
Jasen Brown is a hydraulic engineer with the Army Corps of Engineers.
Jasen Brown是陆军工程兵部队的一名水利工程师。
JASEN BROWN: "So there’s a lot of money at stake for these farmers, and there’s other commodities that are coming down the river as well. It’s not just grain, but it’s also some chemicals that are coming down the river. Coal is coming down the river. Various different things like that."
JASEN BROWN:“所以这些农民的大量资金都受到威胁,还有其它一些物质需要通过此河运输。不仅仅是粮食,还有一些化工产品需要通过此河运输。煤炭也通过此河运输。各种不同的物资都需这样。”
Sixty percent of all grain exported from the United States travels on barges along the Mississippi.
60%美国出口的粮食都通过密西西比河上的运输船运输。
An Army Corps of Engineers survey ship called the MV Pathfinder looks for places along the river that are not deep enough for traffic. Crews then either dredge the sites to make them deeper or mark them with warning buoys.Terry Bequette, the ship’s captain, says companies have to lighten the loads of their barges when the water level is low.
“MV探路者号”陆军工程兵部队测量船正沿河搜寻着深度无法适合航行的区域。船员需要挖深该区域,或是做出警告浮标标记。该船船长Terry Bequette表示,水位较低时,公司需要减轻船只负荷。
TERRY BEQUETTE: "It’s low and it’s bad, but it’s not the end-of-the-world bad. The industry just lightens their loads and hopes for the best."
TERRY BEQUETTE:“水位很低,这是很糟糕的,但不是世界末日那样糟糕。公司会减轻船只负荷并做出最好的期待。”
A new American Meteorological Society study links climate change to a drought last year in Texas and some other extreme weather events. Natural conditions played a part. But the study found that human activity made the Texas drought twenty times more likely than in the nineteen sixties.
美国气象学会一项新研究把气候变化与去年在德克萨斯州的干旱和一些极端天气事件联系起来。自然条件发挥了作用。但研究发现,人类活动使得德克萨斯州的干旱情况较20世纪60年代严重20多倍。
And that’s the VOA Special English Agriculture Report.To read and listen to more stories for people learning English, go to voaspecialenglish.com. I’m Jim Tedder.
80万次下载
75万次下载
73万次下载
70万次下载
我的生词本
爱语吧网站
爱语吧 (京ICP备号)CopyRight (C) iyuba.com ,All rights reserved& “阅读下面短文,将短文中划线部分的句子译成...”习题详情
0位同学学习过此题,做题成功率0%
阅读下面短文,将短文中划线部分的句子译成中文。(共6分,每小题2分)&& In the United States, many people use cell phones. But few send messages with them. Most of them don’t even like to try it. Do you find it strange?&& Computers are very common in America. 1. Most people like using e-mails more than messages. &Sending e-mails is faster than sending messages .They don’t need to choose the letters one by one . It can save more time . And they like talking on the phone. They don’t feel good when “talking ”by sending messages to each other.&& Another reason is to save money. Americans are excited about new cell phones .But they think a lot before they buy. So many people’s cell phones are still very old . They can’t send messages.&& 2.In the U.S. ,people call for free from 7(or9)o’clock in the evening. But if they send messages ,they still have to pay. A message costs about 10 cents . It is too much.&& 3.It is also bad manners to greet by sending messages in American. Americans are happier to get cards from their families or friends.&
本题难度:容易
题型:解答题&|&来源:2013-辽宁省大石桥市九年级上学期期中考试英语试卷
分析与解答
习题“阅读下面短文,将短文中划线部分的句子译成中文。(共6分,每小题2分) In the United States, many people use cell phones. But few send messag...”的分析与解答如下所示:
1.绝大多数人喜欢使用电子邮件而不发短信。2.在美国,人们在晚上7点到9点打电话是免费的。3.在美国,通过发送信息打招呼是坏的举止。
本文讲述了美国人使用手机的情况。手机在美国很流行,但人们使用手机短信的情况却少之又少而人们热衷的是发送电子邮件,原因在于一是发送短信慢、浪费时间因此不愿通过短信聊天;二是发送电子邮件省钱,也比发短信更有礼貌。1.more than意为“而不是”,在翻译成汉语时需在messages前加上省略的sending,即发送短信;故本题答案为绝大多数人喜欢使用电子邮件而不发短信。2..for free是介词短语做状语,修饰动词call的,from 7(or9)o’clock in the evening也为介词短语做时间状语,故答案为在美国,人们在晚上7点到9点打电话是免费的。3.本句中it为形式主语,真正的主语是后面的动词不定式to greet by sending messages in American,故答案为在美国,通过发送信息打招呼是坏的举止。
找到答案了,赞一个
如发现试题中存在任何错误,请及时纠错告诉我们,谢谢你的支持!
阅读下面短文,将短文中划线部分的句子译成中文。(共6分,每小题2分) In the United States, many people use cell phones. But few send m...
错误类型:
习题内容残缺不全
习题有文字标点错误
习题内容结构混乱
习题对应知识点不正确
分析解答残缺不全
分析解答有文字标点错误
分析解答结构混乱
习题类型错误
错误详情:
我的名号(最多30个字):
看完解答,记得给个难度评级哦!
“阅读下面短文,将短文中划线部分的句子译成...”的最新评论
欢迎来到乐乐题库,查看习题“阅读下面短文,将短文中划线部分的句子译成中文。(共6分,每小题2分) In the United States, many people use cell phones. But few send messages with them. Most of them don’t even like to try it. Do you find it strange? Computers are very common in America. 1. Most people like using e-mails more than messages. Sending e-mails is faster than sending messages .They don’t need to choose the letters one by one . It can save more time . And they like talking on the phone. They don’t feel good when “talking ”by sending messages to each other. Another reason is to save money. Americans are excited about new cell phones .But they think a lot before they buy. So many people’s cell phones are still very old . They can’t send messages. 2.In the U.S. ,people call for free from 7(or9)o’clock in the evening. But if they send messages ,they still have to pay. A message costs about 10 cents . It is too much. 3.It is also bad manners to greet by sending messages in American. Americans are happier to get cards from their families or friends.”的答案、考点梳理,并查找与习题“阅读下面短文,将短文中划线部分的句子译成中文。(共6分,每小题2分) In the United States, many people use cell phones. But few send messages with them. Most of them don’t even like to try it. Do you find it strange? Computers are very common in America. 1. Most people like using e-mails more than messages. Sending e-mails is faster than sending messages .They don’t need to choose the letters one by one . It can save more time . And they like talking on the phone. They don’t feel good when “talking ”by sending messages to each other. Another reason is to save money. Americans are excited about new cell phones .But they think a lot before they buy. So many people’s cell phones are still very old . They can’t send messages. 2.In the U.S. ,people call for free from 7(or9)o’clock in the evening. But if they send messages ,they still have to pay. A message costs about 10 cents . It is too much. 3.It is also bad manners to greet by sending messages in American. Americans are happier to get cards from their families or friends.”相似的习题。lana的《American 》歌词翻译_百度知道
lana的《American 》歌词翻译
不要机器翻译谁有lana del rey的《american》中文歌词翻译?谢谢了~
我有更好的答案
American美国人 Play house, put my favorite record on来玩过家家,放我最喜欢的唱片,Get down, get your Crystal Method on下来吧,播放Crystal Method(一支美国乐队)的歌。You were like, tall, tan, drivin' 'round the city你身材高大、长着棕褐色的皮肤,总喜欢在城市里开车到处转悠,Flirtin' with the girls like, &You're so pretty.&说着“你真漂亮”之类的话挑逗女孩子,&Springsteen is the king, don't you think?&“斯普林斯汀(著名美国歌手)就是国王,你说是吧?”I was like, &Hell yeah, that guy can sing.&而我回答:“没错,这家伙会唱歌!”Like ooh, ooh, ooh-ooh-oohOoh, ooh, ooh-ooh-oh就像……喔喔……You make me crazy, you make me wild你让我着迷,你令我疯狂Just like a baby, spin me 'round like a child像个小孩一样,总绕在我身旁Your skin so golden brown你的皮肤如此金黄Be young, be dope, be proud年轻,有型,带着自豪感Like an American就像一个美国人一样Ooh-ooh ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh ooh ooh-oohLike an American就像一个美国人一样Ooh-ooh ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh ooh ooh-oohDrive fast, I can almost taste it now现在的我几乎尝到了开快车的滋味L.A., I don't even have to fake it now我甚至不再需要掩饰洛杉矶You were like so sick, everybody said it人人都说你是如此病态You were way ahead of the trend, ge-get it你总走在潮流最前线,明白吗Elvis is the best, hell yes猫王是最棒的,没错!Honey, put on that party dress亲爱的,把派对裙穿上Like ooh, ooh, ooh-ooh-oohOoh, ooh, ooh-ooh-oh就像……喔喔……Everybody wants to go fast每个人都想走快点But they can't compare但他们都比不上你I don't really want the rest我真不想变成被落下的那部分Only you can take me there只有你能带我到那里I don't even know what I'm saying,我甚至不知道我在说什么But I'm praying for you.但我知道我是在为你祈祷全手翻,希望你满意!望采纳,谢谢~
采纳率:77%
来自团队:
Play house, put my favorite record onGet down, get your Crystal Method onYou were like, tall, tan, drivin' 'round the cityFlirtin' with the girls like, &You're so pretty&Springsteen is the king, don't you thinkI was like, &Hell yeah, that guy can singLike ooh, ooh, ooh-ooh-oohOoh, ooh, ooh-ooh-ohYou make me crazy, you make me wildJust like a baby, spin me 'round like a childYour skin so golden brownBe young, be dope, be proudLike an AmericanOoh-ooh ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh ooh ooh-oohLike an AmericanOoh-ooh ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh ooh ooh-oohDrive fast, I can almost taste it nowL.A., I don't even have to fake it nowYou were like so sick, everybody said itYou were way ahead of the trend, ge-get itElvis is the best, hell yesHoney, put on that party dressLike ooh, ooh, ooh-ooh-oohOoh, ooh, ooh-ooh-ohYou make me crazy, you make me wildJust like a baby, spin me 'round like a childYour skin so golden brownBe young, be dope, be proudLike an AmericanOoh-ooh ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh ooh ooh-oohLike an AmericanOoh-ooh ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh ooh ooh-oohEverybody wants to go fastBut they can't compareI don't really want the restOnly you can take me thereI don't even know what I'm sayingBut I'm praying for youYou make me crazy, you make me wildJust like a baby, spin me 'round like a childYour skin so golden brownBe young, be dope, be proudLike an AmericanOoh-ooh ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh ooh ooh-oohLike an AmericanOoh-ooh ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh ooh ooh-oohLike an AmericanOoh-ooh ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh ooh ooh-oohLike an AmericanOoh-ooh ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh ooh ooh-oohLike an American过家家,把我最喜欢的纪录下来,让你的晶体的方法你就像,高大、棕色,drivin‘圆这个城市与女孩喜欢莫莉哈奇特,“你这么漂亮“斯普林斯汀是国王,你不觉得我当时想,“地狱啊,那个家伙会唱歌喜欢哦,哦,哦哦哦哦,哦,哦哦哦你让我疯狂,你让我发狂就像一个婴儿,我旋转的圆的像个孩子你的皮肤如此金黄色是年轻的,是笨蛋,是骄傲的像是美国哦哦哦哦,哦哦哦哦哦像是美国哦哦哦哦,哦哦哦哦哦开得快,我几乎可以品尝它现在洛杉矶。,我甚至不需要假的现在你是喜欢所以生病了,大家都说它你是走在前面的这一趋势,ge得到它猫王是最好的,地狱是的亲爱的,穿上,礼服喜欢哦,哦,哦哦哦哦,哦,哦哦哦你让我疯狂,你让我发狂就像一个婴儿,我旋转的圆的像个孩子你的皮肤如此金黄色是年轻的,是笨蛋,是骄傲的像是美国哦哦哦哦,哦哦哦哦哦像是美国哦哦哦哦,哦哦哦哦哦每个人都想去快但是他们不能比较我不真的想要休息只有你可以带我去那儿���甚至不知道我在说什么但我为你祈祷你让我疯狂,你让我发狂就像一个婴儿,我旋转的圆的像个孩子你的皮肤如此金黄色是年轻的,是笨蛋,是骄傲的像是美国哦哦哦哦,哦哦哦哦哦像是美国哦哦哦哦,哦哦哦哦哦像是美国哦哦哦哦,哦哦哦哦哦像是美国哦哦哦哦,哦哦哦哦哦像是美国采纳哦O(∩_∩)O谢谢
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
lana的相关知识
换一换
回答问题,赢新手礼包
个人、企业类
违法有害信息,请在下方选择后提交
色情、暴力
我们会通过消息、邮箱等方式尽快将举报结果通知您。

我要回帖

更多关于 中文翻译日文 的文章

随机推荐