推荐理由:
将文档分享至:
分享完整地址
文档地址:
粘贴到BBS或博客
flash地址:
支持嵌入FLASH地址的网站使用
html代码:
&embed src='/DocinViewer-4.swf' width='100%' height='600' type=application/x-shockwave-flash ALLOWFULLSCREEN='true' ALLOWSCRIPTACCESS='always'&&/embed&
450px*300px480px*400px650px*490px
支持嵌入HTML代码的网站使用
您的内容已经提交成功
您所提交的内容需要审核后才能发布,请您等待!
3秒自动关闭窗口prestik 什么意思_百度作业帮
prestik 什么意思
您好、、很高兴为您解决疑问~Prestik is an International supplier of New and Used Equipment for the Flat Glass IndustryPrestik是平板玻璃行业的一个新的和二手设备的国际供应商.翻译加工厂共794篇译文 翻译等级:LV159
翻译加工厂,通用账号
最新译文:
南非点击排行榜
01.&老外看中国&系列:别样中国---第一集
02.&老外看中国&系列:别样中国---第十二
03.&老外看中国&系列:别样中国---第二集
04.&老外看中国&系列:别样中国---第九集
05.&老外看中国&系列:别样中国---第八集
06.&老外看中国&系列:别样中国 我不是间
09.&老外看中国&系列:别样中国---第七集
南非评论排行榜
01.&老外看中国&系列:别样中国---第十二
04.&老外看中国&系列:别样中国---第二集
05.&老外看中国&系列:别样中国---第一集
06.&老外看中国&系列:别样中国---第九集
08.&老外看中国&系列:别样中国---第七集
09.&老外看中国&系列:别样中国---第八集
友情提醒:龙腾网友发言前,请仔细阅读 ,龙腾严禁人身攻击、脏字辱骂等违规行为,请龙腾网友自觉维护龙腾良好的讨论氛围.龙腾欢迎网友对翻译提出意见和建议,但请勿打击翻译积极性,勿对翻译出言不逊,违者龙腾将不得已做出相应处理.认领者:bigsnail
时间: 12:34
状态:翻译完成 / 未审核
Shanghai is mainland China&s most cosmopolitan and outward looking city. It is & in a line that was used and reused, ad nauseum, ahead of the city&s World Expo last year & China&s window on the world, with a population of well over 200,000 expatriates. There are Japanese and Koreans tucked away in neighbourhoods that they in the old concession areas, there are Germans, French and Americans making a life amongst the buildings put up by their pre-1949 forebears. Chilean students mix with Nigerians, Norwegians, Turks and Scots in its dive bars on Friday nights, and there are even a few South Africans, who meet once a month at a pub called The Spot, to drink and complain, about China and home in equal measure, and to help each other find Prestik, Western Cape wines and boerewors, made by a butcher in a suburb on the city&s outskirts. For three years, from 2008 to 2011, Iain and I were two of them.
上海是中国大陆最大的国际化大都市。她是中国面向世界的窗口,去年举办了世博会,如今有20万海外移居者。在那里,日本人和韩国人互为邻居;在旧租界,德国人,法国人,美国人住在1949年以前 他们的前辈们修建的洋房里。智利学生和尼日尼亚人,挪威人,土耳其人还有苏格兰人在周五的晚上混在一起泡吧;一些南非人在一个叫the  spot 的俱乐部里一个月聚会一次,他们一边喝酒一边抱怨中国和祖国,还互相帮忙找Prestik,葡萄酒和 boerewors(一种南非香肠),这些东西在一家上海郊区的肉店有的卖。从2008到2011,这三年中,易安和我也是其中的一员。
意见与回复
认领者:xuanjiu
时间: 11:02
The Chinese are still not used to all the foreigners they now find living amongst them and, in the course of three years, we found ourselves having exactly the same curious conversation with different locals on a hundred different occasions.
&Which country are you from?& the local would ask. &America? France?&
&No, I&m from South Africa,& I&d reply, forming the words clearly, knowing it wasn&t what they were expecting to hear.
&South America?&
&No & South Africa.&
&South Africa?&
A few seconds would pass as he or she processed my response. Sometimes they&d continue by asking which country in South Africa I came from. &South& and &southern& are as distinguishable in Chinese as in English, but the question didn&t surprise me: I have been asked it everywhere from India to Egypt, by the educated and the ignorant. Many people simply don&t know where South A I have accepted that. The next part of the conversation was more confounding.
&But you&re white! You can&t be South African!& they&d say, frowning at my pale skin.
&Well, I am.&
中国仍然没有习惯生活在他们中的外国人。并在过去的三年中,我们发现自己在上百个不同的场合与不同的当地人的好奇的谈话都惊人的相似。
&你来自哪个国家?&他们问。&法国还是美国吗?&
&不,我来自南非,&我口齿清晰的答道,并心里明白这不是他们料想听到的。
&南美洲的吗?&
&不 ,南非。&
&南非吗?&
&啊......&
经过几秒钟,他或她接受了我的回答。有时,他们会继续问我来自南非的哪个国家。&南&和&南方&在汉语和英语中是有区分的,但这个问题并不让我惊讶:我曾经被问及这世界的每一片角落,从印度到埃及,发问的人有受过教育的,也有没受过的。很多人根本不知道在南非这个国家。我已经接受了这种情况,但接下来的谈话更使人困惑。
&但是你是白人!不可能是南非人!&他们会说,皱着眉头在看着我白色的皮肤。
&但我的确是。&
意见与回复
认领者:daisyhe17
时间: 11:13
&But people from Africa are all black!& they&d protest.
&South Africa also has white people,& I&d say. &About ten percent of the population is white.& The more I was faced with this logic, the more I felt like I was having an argument over my own identity. &There are all kinds of people there & lots of different races,& I&d say, but this didn&t satisfy the Chinese, who think of race and nationality as things that are more or less the same. The people of China&s diaspora, whose families might have lived in the US or Canada or the UK for generations, are still Chinese. Iain and I must, as a result, still be European.
&Aah& So your parents must be from England,& the local would continue. &That&s why you&re white!&
&Well, originally my mother is & yes. But lots of white South Africans have Dutch ancestry, including my family. That goes back hundreds of years. We are white South Africans & not Europeans.&
&So you are a British person.&
&No, I&m not. I&m South African.&
&You can&t be & you&re white.&
&可是非洲来的人都是黑人啊!&他们辩驳道。
&南非也有白人,&我说。&百分之十的人口是白人,&我面对的这种逻辑越多,我就越觉得我是在和自己的身份争论。&那儿有各种人&&很多不同种族,&我说,但这不能满足中国人,他们觉得种族和国籍或多或少是一回事。那些几代都居住在美国或加拿大或英国的中国移民,依然是华人。所以伊恩和我也必须得是欧洲人。
&啊&&所以你们的父母肯定是英国来的,&当地人会接着说,&所以你们才是白人!&
&呃,其实我母亲是&&对。但是很多南非白人都有荷兰血统,包括我的家人。这要追溯到几百年前了。我们是南非白人&&不是欧洲人。&
&所以你是英国人咯。&
&不,我不是。我是南非人。&
&不可能&&你是白人。&
At this stage, I usually gave up. For my first year in Shanghai, I simply didn&t have the language to argue. By the time I did, I was already tired of arguing against such a narrow view of the world. Whether they accepted that we were South African or not, the conversation usually continued with the local listing things they knew about South Africa: it had diamonds, gold, extreme heat and Nelson Mandela.
&Aah, South Africa,& they would say, thoughtfully. &You have lots of diamonds. You are rich!&
&Our country has diamonds & yes. We don&t have diamonds!&
基本上到了这个阶段我就会放弃了。我在上海的第一年里没有语言能力去争辩。当我有了语言能力,我已经懒得去和这些狭隘的世界观做争辩了。不管他们接不接受我们是南非人,当地人总会接着列举他们知道的关于南非的事情:那儿有钻石、黄金、酷热和纳尔逊&曼德拉。
&啊,南非,&他们会沉吟着说。&你们有很多钻石。你们很有钱!&
&我们的国家是有钻石&&没错。但我们没有!&
意见与回复
I would joke, but normally our interrogator was deadly serious. They had heard about South Africa&s diamond wealth. There must be hundreds of the rocks buried in our gardens, free to be dug up and cashed in. A country with diamonds was, it seemed, automatically a rich country.
The plural form of &you& in Mandarin partly explains our alleged wealth. &Nimen& is used to address a group of people as often as it is to refer to a nation&s people. &Our China is different to your South Africa,& people would say, but sometimes country names were unnecessary and it was enough to say &we are different to you& or &you have diamonds and we do not.&
&Oh, it is so hot there, in Africa!& might be the local&s next remark. As the months became years, and more and more Chinese I met broached the same subjects with equal confidence, I came to believe that this set of stereotypes was taught in schools around the country. That Shanghai was hotter in summer than Cape Town was almost as incomprehensible as the fact that &we white people& weren&t all rich.
我也会开玩笑,但是我们的听众普遍会非常当真。他们听说过南非的钻石财富。所以我们的花园里一定买者成百上千的石头,可以自由挖出来换钱。一个有钻石的国家似乎一定是个富国。
普通话里&你&的复数形式可以部分解释出我们所谓的财富。&你们&是用来指代一群人的,也经常代表一个国家的人民。人们会说,&我们中国和你们南非是不一样的。&但有时国家名称没必要说出来,只用说&我们和你们是不一样的&或&你们有钻石,我们没有&就行了。
&哦,非洲可热了!&可能是当地人会抛出的下一句话。当日复一日地有越来越多的人以相同的信心说出这个观点的时候,我开始相信这是这个国家的学校里教出的刻板印象了。夏天的上海比开普敦还要热这个事实几乎和&我们白人&不富有一样不能被接受。
意见与回复
Sometimes, though far less frequently than diamonds or heat, Nelson Mandela would feature in the list of things Chinese people knew about South Africa. As my Chinese improved, I started to ask what people knew about Nelson Mandela. If he was the hero who fought against white oppression and racial segregation, and united the country&s people, how was it that South Africa had no white people? But logic didn&t play much of a part in this way of thinking, this neat categorisation of people and countries into separate boxes. It was the same in India. When we told Indians where we came from, a list of white cricketers& names & &Jacques Kallis! Graeme Smith!& & was followed by the same assertion that we couldn&t be from South Africa because we weren&t black.
Backpackers we meet while travelling often respond with an enthusiastic &Wow!& when we tell them where we&re from. People seem to think of South Africa as very far away & no matter where we are. It is far away because they know little about it, though everyone seems to have heard how beautiful it is.
有时,尽管远远低于钻石或炎热被提起的频率,纳尔逊&曼德拉也在中国人了解南非的名单里。当我的中文提高后,我开始询问人们知道些关于曼德拉的什么。如果他是个反对压迫和种族隔离的英雄,统一了国民,那为什么南非会没有白人呢?但是逻辑在这里是没有用的,它把人民和国家的分类放进了不同的盒子里。在印度也是这样。当我们告诉印度人我们来自哪里的时候,马上就会得到一堆白人板球运动员的名字&&&贾可卡里斯!格雷姆斯密!&同样会断言我们不可能来自南非,因为我们不是黑人。
当我们告诉在路上遇到的那些背包客我们是南非人的时候,也经常会得到一声热烈的&哇哦!&。人们似乎认为南非很遥远&&无论我们在哪儿。它很遥远,因为他们对它知之甚少,尽管每个人好像都知道它有多美丽。
意见与回复
认领者:bigsnail
时间: 13:20
People&s ideas about the country you grew up in can make you re-examine and reform your own. They may express fear about the country&s crime and wonder at its beauty in equal measure, as if going there would be taking a leap into a beautiful unknown. Their ideas pose questions about identity, my sense of belonging, and what it means to be a South A questions asked in ignorance that& nevertheless& inform my own idea of the home at the end of our road.
他人对祖国的看法可以令你反省和改变自己的看法。他们一边惧怕我国丑陋的一面同时又惊叹她的美丽,好像来到这里就是一脚跳进了美丽的未知中。他们质疑我的身份,我的归属感,以及这对于一个南非人意味着什么;那些无知的提问永远没个尽头。
As the end of our third year in Shanghai was approaching, when Iain and I were preparing to pack up our lives and begin our long overland journey home to Cape Town, we were asked to participate in a documentary for the South African television station eTV. It would tell the stories of a handful of South Africans living in C it was called Postcards from China.
Though our lives were in a state of flux, and we were in the midst of packing up our apartment, we were excited by the opportunity to take part. The documentary would focus on what had defined our life in Shanghai: what had been the predominant themes, and how they could be represented on film. We chose a few of our favourite places as locations: places t places that we knew would return to us in our memories of life there. In one sense, the timing couldn&t have been better.
在我们到上海快三年的时候,我和易安准备收拾行李回开普敦,当时我们收到了南非电视台eTV的邀请参加一个纪录片。该节目讲述南非人在中国的生活经历,名叫来自中国的明信片。
虽然我们总是过着四海为家的生活,但我们很开心有机会参加这个节目。这个纪录片主要讲述我们在上海的生活,包括:什么是上海的主流话题,这些话题又是怎么体现在电影里的。我们选择了一些我们很喜欢的地方:常去的地方;有生之年还想再去的地方。总之,再没有比这更好的机会了。
意见与回复
认领者:bigsnail
时间: 14:15
As we prepared to leave a city which had become our home, it was easier to reflect on what had characte what we loved about it and how that had defined our experience, and the sense of China we&d gained.
当我们准备离开曾作为家的城市时,我们在那里生活的时光,我们对她的喜爱之处,我们在那里的经历以及我们对中国的感受都轻易的反映出来了。
The Postcards from China episode that Iain and I feature in is airing for the first time this Sunday, the 13th of November 2011, a year after it was filmed. China is no longer our home, and we have travelled through several countries since leaving. I don&t know who I will see when I watch the person I once was wandering through a place that I
a place that moulded me more than anywhere else in adulthood. I suspect I will watch with nostalgia as I pass through my old neighbourhood, talk to our old landlord and move about in our old apartment. I will probably even feel nostalgic about the excitement that I felt as our journey & now a part of my present & loomed in the future. Now that journey & once pure concept & is as much a reality as the life I made in Shanghai. And every day, in every new place, I look to China and what it taught me, as Iain and I recreate a slice of home wherever we take ourselves.
《来自中国的明信片》中有我和易安参加的那集首播时间是本周日,即日,拍摄一年以后。中国已经不是我们的家了,而且我们也已经游历了多个国家。我对中国人的了解胜过我对其他地方人的了解,中国对我成年时期的影响也超过了任何一个地方。我想我会把这种怀念传达给我的老邻居,告诉给我的老房东以及其他人。我甚至可能在激动人心的未来的旅行中(旅行是我生活的一部分)感到怀恋。如今,在上海的点点滴滴依然历历在目。每一天,每到一个新的地方,当我和易安建立新家时,我都会想起中国以及她所教会我的一切。
意见与回复
认领者:xuanjiu
时间: 13:53
Liz Biggs via Facebook says: November 12, 2011 at 9:42 pm
Will look out for it.
Heather Manley via Facebook says:
November 14, 2011 at 1:53 am
I can be accused of being biased but, as you know, I try not to be. I thought the documentary was thought provoking and that both of you were consumate. Well done.
我可能会被指责有偏见,但是,就像你知道的那样,我试着不去那样做。我认为这个纪录片发人深思,你们做到了,干得好。
Michael says:
November 14, 2011 at 8:17 am
Hi, I too am a white South African having lived in China for almost two years. I chuckled reading the dialogue on your difficulty in explaining just why we&re white and living in Africa. It used to experience the same thing, but to avoid frustration I&ve later changed my intro to avoid it: &I&m Dutch, but I grew up in South Africa.& Which is sort of true genetically, but a way to simplify the process. It sort of makes you wonder about your identity being so misunderstood by others. Next time I&ll say I&m Chinese!
嗨,我也来是个自南非的白人,居住在中国差不多有两年了。我笑着读完了那段你解释&为什么白人在非洲&的对话。我曾经经历过同样的事情,到后来为了避免再发生这种情况,减少挫折感,我改变了自我介绍&&&我是荷兰人,但我在南非长大。&,这是一种对族谱的简化。它会让你让你想知道你的身份会别人怎样误会。下一次我会说我是中国人!
意见与回复
时间: 12:01
Claire vd Heever says: November 15, 2011 at 9:52 am
Hi Michael, thanks for getting in touch. Your tactful white lie made me laugh! It still amazes me just how entrenched the idea of race/ethnicity and nationality are in China. After a while, I tried telling people I was an ethnic minority, and that seemed to make a lot more sense to them in the context of China&s modern day empire. Did you catch the show on eTV, or are you still in China?
(作者回复)嗨~迈克尔,谢谢联系。你机智善意的谎言让我笑出来了!我本来还是很惊奇中国人怎么会把种族/民族和国籍硬联系在一起。后来我试图告诉人们我是个少数民族,这看起来好像在现代大中华帝国语境中很能得到理解。你看eTV上的节目吗?还是你还在中国?
Heather says: November 18, 2011 at 1:05 am
What a lovely article Claire. It brought a lump to my throat. A good life is always laced with longing for places, people & times past.
多可爱的文章啊克莱尔(作者)。它令我哽咽了。好生活经常要伴随着对老地方、老朋友和旧时光的渴望。
Claire vd Heever says: November 18, 2011 at 7:18 am
Thanks Heather. I agree that nostalgia has its place & and is unavoidable. But sometimes it does me good to remind myself that I&m likely to look back with nostalgia and longing on the present moment too.
谢谢海瑟(LS)。我同意你说的怀旧时有发生&&而且不可避免。但是有时提醒自己看看以前并憧憬现在对我来说是很好的。
意见与回复
时间: 12:01
Sarahsomewhere says: November 19, 2011 at 11:12 am
My boyfriend Tyrhone is a South African who lived in London for ten years, and has called Australia home for the last three. And he is white. Talk about identity crisis! When we travel he usually says he is Australian, because its easier. I really enjoyed this wonderful article about travel, culture, race and identity.
我男朋友索恩是个住在伦敦十年的南非人,被叫成澳大利亚人叫了三年。他是白人。看看这个身份危机吧!我们旅行的时候他总说自己是澳大利亚人,因为这更容易(理解)。我很享受这篇关于录音、文化、种族和身份的好文章。
Claire vd Heever says: November 19, 2011 at 12:25 pm
Glad you enjoyed it, Sarah. If Tyrhone hasn&t tried saying &South Africa& as his nationality since we hosted the World Cup, tell him to give it a try. Iain and I have generally noticed more awareness about the country, and some really positive responses because of the friendly image the country gave people. (China & which is not particularly interested in soccer & is an exception.) People sometimes even mime blowing into a cone and ask what the name of that crazy South African instrument is & the vuvuzela!
(作者回复)很高兴你喜欢它萨拉。如果索恩在我们举办了世界杯以后,还没说过他的国籍是&南非&的话,就让他试试吧。我和伊恩发现人们因为南非在世界杯上给人们友好的表现,有更多人认识了这个国家、还有一些积极的反应。(中国是个例外,它对足球不怎么感兴趣)。人们有时还会做出一个吹喇叭状,问我们那个南非乐器的名字是什么&&呜呜祖拉!
意见与回复
时间: 16:17
Julian Hewitt says: November 20, 2011 at 11:57 pm
Great article Claire. Hope you and Iain are still having fun and look forward to catching up in SA! It took me two plus years of these repetitive Mandarin conversations before hitting on the perfect response of &Women shi Nan Fei de xiaoshu minzu ren& Essentially that we are an ethic minority from South Africa. That got light bulbs going on every time especially if you ask why the ethnic minority Turkick Uighurs or Eurasian Russians are Chinese even though they don&t look &Chinese& or have culturally Chinese ancestry&It is a great localized example that kills off the debate
很棒的文章啊克莱尔。希望你和伊恩还保有乐趣并希望能在南非和你们碰面交流。我花了两年多的时间重复那些普通话的对话,直到有一天能说出&我们是南非的小数民族(原文拼音)&的完美回应。这句话的意思就是&我们是南非的少数民族&。这招每次都很奏效,特别是每次当你也问出为什么维吾尔族或俄罗斯族长得不像&华人&或没有华族血统,却还算作中国人的时候&&这是个很棒的本地化例子,可以绝杀这种争论。
Claire vd Heever says: November 26, 2011 at 10:33 am
Glad you enjoyed the article, Julian. We, too, cottoned onto the ethnic minority approach after having the same conversation / argument way too many times! Yes, catching up in SA (though it seems so far away) will be great!
(作者回复)很高兴你喜欢这文章,朱利安。在多次争论了相同的问题后,我们也抛出了少数民族这个武器!是的,在南非见会很棒(虽然看起来很遥远)!
Interesting story says: November 22, 2011 at 8:41 pm
You should have told them that you were the Descendents of &Barbarians& (albeit sophisticated ones) like the Mongolians had done to them Centuries ago, that Killed, Stole and Conquered the Natives until the System Fell, *shrugs* #justsaying
你可以告诉他们你们是&野蛮人&的后代(尽管这样更复杂),就像几世纪前蒙古人做的那样,在体制崩盘前一直在杀人、偷窃和征服土著人。#耸肩# 只是说说而已。
意见与回复
时间: 16:17
Claire vd Heever says: November 26, 2011 at 10:51 am
Yes, that might have struck a chord. And the cycle of Empire continues: around a third of what was Mongolia has been assimilated into China, as the province of Inner Mongolia.
(作者回复)是的,那可能会引起共鸣。帝国的循环在继续:其中三分之一是蒙古人融入了中国,作为了内蒙古省。
@TravelEater says: November 25, 2011 at 4:10 am
Great article. I find the same thing about Canadians too, although I suppose there is more awareness that Canada is a multicultural country of mostly immigrants. However, everyone thinks it is always cold here (even some Americans within a few hours drive of the border!). I&ve even been asked if I live in an igloo in the winter and a teepee in the summer.
I&m visiting South Africa (& Namibia) July / Aug 2012 and am really looking forward to seeing what I hear is an amazing country. Any food recommendations to share? Favourite dishes or restaurants (especially for Cape Town)?
很棒的文章。我在加拿大人那里也遇到了同样的问题,尽管我以为加拿大是个对文化的国家,有很多移民,他们会多一些认知。但是,每个人都认为这里很冷(甚至一些几小时就能开车来这里的美国人!)。我甚至被问到是不是冬天住冰屋夏天住帐篷里。
我正在访问南非(和纳米尼亚),2012年七八月,我很希望能见识到这个传说中很棒的国家。有什么推荐的美食吗?最爱的菜式或者餐馆(特别是在开普敦的)?
意见与回复
Claire vd Heever says: November 26, 2011 at 11:26 am
Thanks @traveleater. The drastic misconceptions about Canada made me laugh. I have been asked by several people whether it can be dangerous walking outdoors in South Africa, on account of all the wild animals! I&m sure you will have an amazing time next year. Food is one of SA&s strong points & in terms of the quality of the ingredients, more than the style of the cuisine, I&d say. The steaks, from beef to venison to ostrich, are nearly always tasty and tender, but most people from other countries go mad for the seafood.
One of the most memorable meals I&ve had in Cape Town was a chocolate chilli fillet at a restaurant called Madame Zingara. The company has since morphed into a restaurant-chain and travelling circus -not a circus in the traditional sense, more like an upmarket cabaret-variety show. I have been told that an evening at the circus & which includes one of their amazing dinners & is unmissable. You are bound to be in one of the cities where they tour during your visit (Cape Town, Durban and Jo&burg). Tickets sell out months in advance, so buy them early. You can check out their website or their Facebook page nearer the time for details. Enjoy!
谢谢 @traveleater。关于加拿大的那个严重误解把我逗乐了。我曾问过几个人,因为野兽,在南非户外行走是不是很危险。
意见与回复
@TravelEater says: November 29, 2011 at 6:06 am
Thanks Claire! Chocolate chili anything sounds awesome to me! And this circus dinner thing intriguing & I&ll check it out. In the mean time, be wary of giant pandas on the streets in China, and I&ll be particularly careful of the killer whales who have a tendency to burst through Canadian manhole covers when it rains. Not to mention the polar bears downtown &.
Rachel says: November 29, 2011 at 7:00 pm
From my experience, Americans can be just as guilty of assuming all Africans are black. A good friend of mine is South African (5th-generation), and she&s had people tell her to her face that she couldn&t be from Africa because she&s white. When she became a U.S. citizen, that was a whole other problem, since technically that made her African-American. People couldn&t handle it.
意见与回复
时间: 18:06
Claire vd Heever says: December 1, 2011 at 11:40 am
Wow, what a bizarre situation for your friend to find herself in. It strikes me as very strange, though, that in a multi-racial society like America, people still insist on pigeon-holing according to race. If you were born in Africa and grew up in Africa & and have a passport from there which, believe me, makes travel in many first world countries far from easy & it is sad that people feel they can reject your identity. If you don&t fit in with their idea of &African& & because your skin is the wrong colour & perhaps their idea of &African& is too narrow.
Thanks for sharing this interesting case!
(作者回复)哇哦~你朋友该发现自己是在多么奇怪的境遇下啊。我觉得很奇怪的是,哪怕是在像美国这样的多种族社会,人们还是坚持以种族来对号入座。如果你生在非洲长在非洲&&并有着那里的国籍,相信我,你去第一世界国家旅行将会非常不好过&&人们总觉得他们能否定你的身份,这很可悲。如果你不能适应他们对于&非洲人&的定义&&因为你的肤色不对&&那么也许是他们对&非洲人&的定义太过狭隘了。
谢谢你分享了这么有趣的例子。
Tamsyn says: November 30, 2011 at 8:12 am
Oh my goodness this is so weird, I found your link to this artcile through the Hao Hao report, which I read every morning. I had such a good laugh because I am South African and the perplexed taxi quizzing happens to me ALL THE TIME! I wrote about it in my blog a couple of days ago,&
All the best,
Thank you for the &lekker& laugh this morning.
我的天啊这太奇怪了,我在每天都看的《好好报导》(是为老外提供一切中国热点新闻的英文网站)上看到了你这篇文章的链接。笑坏了,因为我也是个南非人,那些令人苦恼的出租车问题也时时刻刻发生在我身上!!几天前我也在博客上写了这些。
谢谢你在今早为我带来了欢笑。
意见与回复
Claire vd Heever says: December 1, 2011 at 12:17 pm
Hi Tammy, good to meet a fellow South African in China! I also had a lekker laugh reading your version of the never ending (and sometimes rather bully-ish) interrogations! Iain and I will be in Beijing in March & maybe we could get together for a drink and a moan!
(作者回复)嗨泰米,很高兴能在中国遇到南非同胞!我看你写的版本时也很欢乐(他们不停滴询问你,甚至是逼问)!我和伊恩会在3月份去北京&&也许我们能一起喝一杯、吐吐槽!
Tammy says: December 1, 2011 at 12:56 pm
Hi Claire, would love to meet you both when you come to Beijing, let&s defs have a drink ( or three), a moan and laugh. I think your blog is so interesting, funny and insightful. Keep on writing!
嗨克莱尔,我很期待在北京见到你们,我们去喝一杯(或者三杯),欢乐地吐吐槽。我觉得你的博客很有意思,既有趣又有见地。继续保持!
April4 says: December 4, 2011 at 9:07 pm
You have Mark Shuttleworth (Ubuntu), we not. You have Freedom and we not. I my love my country, but i hate the CCP&
你们有马克沙特尔沃斯(乌班图,一种Linux操作系统),我们没有&&你们有自由,我们没有。我爱我的国家,但我讨厌GCD&&
Claire vd Heever says: December 9, 2011 at 1:17 pm
I know, April 4. You and millions of others, I&m sure& At least you aren&t bei xi nao le like so many others! (We&re having a technical problem displaying Chinese characters within comments -sorry.) Brainwashing is among the scariest of their tactics&
(作者回复)我懂的。你和成百上千万的人一样,我知道&&至少你不像其他很多人那样&被洗脑了(拼音)&(由于技术问题我们不能显示汉字,不好意思&)洗脑是他们政策中的最可怕之处。
意见与回复
时间: 12:04
Gawie Liebenberg says: December 7, 2011 at 9:20 pm
Dear Claire,
Thank you for a lovely article about life in China. Well done to you and Iain. I salute you!!!
I can certainly relate to your article. During the Asia World Expo in Hong Kong, in April 2007, the same questions were asked to us exactly the same way you have described above.
It took some explaining, but eventually it paid off.
I have lived and worked in Wuxi(Jaingsu Province)very close to Shanghai, from February 2008 until June 2009. During May 2010 we attended a Cultural Fair in Shenzhen too.
I loved every moment thereof and would love to return back to China on a more than permanent basis. The experience I have gained while living there is absolutely priceless.
The only problem for me was my own inability to communicate freely with the locals. That&s why I have started learning Mandarin(Chinese) on my own. At this moment I do know the very basic survival Chinese, but still have a long way to go.
I am now looking for opportunity to study Mandarin(Chinese) fulltime in China or South Africa. I do prefer China though. The best way to learn Chinese after all, is to be in China amongst Mandarin native speakers itself.
亲爱的克莱尔,
谢谢你的关于中国生活的可爱文章。你和伊恩做得很好。我向你们致敬!!!
我能代入到你文章里去。2007年四月的香港亚博会期间,我们也被问到了跟你描述的一模一样的问题。
这费了一番解释,但是最终说通了。
我曾经在2008年二月到2009年六月期间住在离上海很近的无锡(江苏省)。2010年五月我们也在深圳参加了文化博览会。
我爱在那里的每一个瞬间,也很愿意再回中国做一个更永久的停留。我住在那儿时的经历是绝对无价的。
对我来说唯一的难题就是我不能自由地和当地人交流。所以我才开始自学普通话(中文)。现在我已经会说基本的中文了,但是还有很大的进步空间。
我现在在寻找在中国或南非全职学习普通话(中文)的机会。而且倾向于去中国。毕竟学习中文最好的方式就是待在中国本土的普通话使用者之中。
意见与回复
时间: 12:05
My reason for studying Chinese is purely business related. Once I am Mandarin fluent, a lot of opportunities can be explored and a lot of doors can be opened up for me. And that is what I am aiming for. This is my ultimate goal!
There&s an English saying: &I can give you a hand-up and not a hand-out.& And that is exactly what I am looking for at this very moment. I am not looking for a hand-out at all. I want a hand-up in order to help myself in the long run. This way I will become independent and self sustainable for the future.
My reasons for learning Mandarin(Chinese):
1. To be able to communicate freely and fluently in Mandarin.
2. To act as interpreter and or trade assistant at Chinese Trade Fairs and Chinese Expo&s worldwide.
3. To assist Chinese exporters with &International Trade& and &International Sourcing&.
4. To assist Chinese manufacturers and suppliers in finding new customers for their products worldwide.
5. To assist international importers of Chinese products with trade related matters.
6. To be able to do business with all Chinese manufacturers and exporters worldwide.
7. To better my chances of getting hired by international companies that needs bi-lingual/multi-lingual speakers in their trade departments.
8. To learn and understand more about the Chinese culture.
9. To learn more about &Guanxi& and the business ethics and culture of Chinese manufacturers and suppliers.
10. To meet new Chinese friends while travelling in and around China.
我之所以学中文纯是因为生意需要。一旦我能流利地讲普通话了,就马上能发掘到大量的机遇,很多大门都会向我打开。这就是我的目的。这就是我饿的终极目标!
英语有个说法:&我可以给你一个帮助而不是施舍。(授人以鱼不如授人以渔)&这就是我现在想要的。我不是在寻找一个施舍。我想要一个能长远受益的帮助。这样我将来就能变得独立和自给自足。
我学普通话(中文)的理由是:
1.可以自由流畅地用普通话交流。
2.可以在世界上的中国贸易交流会和中国博览会上当翻译或是外贸助理。
3.可以协助中国出口商们做&国际贸易&和&国际采购&。
4.可以协助中国制造商和供应商们在全球范围找到新顾客。
5.可以协助中国产品的国际进口商们处理相关问题。
6.可以和全世界所有的中国制造商和出口商做生意。
7.可以更容易被想要双语/多语人才的跨国公司外贸部门录取。
8.可以更好地理解中国文化。
9.可以学习到中国制造商和供应商们更多的&关系&学,还有商业道德和文化。
10.可以在中国旅游的时候交到新的中国朋友。
意见与回复
时间: 12:05
Being Mandarin fluent will certainly open up new opportunities for me with regards to getting fulltime employment with South African companies doing trade and or companies in the process of establishing trade relations with The People&s Republic of China.
Personally, I am looking forward to broadening my perspectives of China and at the same time gaining a better understanding of Asian culture itself. Being Mandarin fluent is my ultimate goal for the near future!
All the best of luck with future ventures. You certainly have brought back some good memories with your article.
Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
流利地说普通话肯定会为我开启很多机会,并在和中国做生意或建立关系的南非公司中得到职位。
个人而言我希望能打开我对中国的视角,同时能得到对亚洲文化更好的理解。精通普通话是我短期内的终极目标!希望未来的事业好运。你的文章真的给我带回了很多好的回忆。
太感谢了!!!!!!!!
Claire vd Heever says: December 9, 2011 at 1:04 pm
Thanks for sharing your experience Gawie. I agree with you & having Mandarin skills can potentially open a lot of doors. Learning Mandarin was definitely among the most useful things I have done with my time. Until you are able to China, I can strongly recommend a Mandarin-learning website called Chinese Pod. It has challenging exercises that focus on listening skills, and if you work through them consistently, you&ll undoubtedly make a lot of progress. They go all the way up to advanced level too. Good luck and jia y&u!
(作者回复)谢谢分享你的经历,盖威。我同意你说的&&拥有普通话技能可以打开很多大门。学普通话绝对是我所做过的最有用的东西之一。在你去中国之前,我强烈推荐给你一个学普通话的网站,叫&中文豆荚&。它含有很多听力能力的非常有挑战性的练习,如果你把它们都弄懂了。你毫无疑问会有长足的进步。他们也有高级课程。祝你好运,加油(拼音)!
意见与回复
Akila says: December 8, 2011 at 3:28 am
Claire, What a fascinating post. Race is such a strange and bizarre thing for people from other countries to comprehend. I had this issue when I was in China & people would ask me whether I was from India and I would say, &No, I&m American.& And, they say, &No, but you are not white.&
Actually, this happens to me all-the-freaking-time in the United States. People say to me, &Where are you from?& &Alabama.& &No, where are you really from?& &Auburn, Alabama.& &No, but you&re not really from Alabama.& &Yep.& Eventually, I say that my parents immigrated from India but I am American & always have been and always will be.
Anyhow, I can imagine how frustrating it can be to try and explain your identity to people who don&t know much about Africa in general or South Africa specifically. I think it&s the continent that people have the most misperceptions about because the news media coverage is so one-sided (everyone&s starving, people walk around in tribal clothes, and lions are everywhere, etc.). I was so thrilled that the World Cup gave so much exposure to a different view of Africa.
克莱尔,写的真好。种族对于其它国家的人来说是个奇怪而陌生的话题。我在中国时有这样的经历&&人们会问我是不是印度来的,我会说,&不是,我是美国人。&然后他们会说,&不,你不是白人啊。&
事实上,这种事情在美国也是时有发生的。人们会对我说,&你来自哪儿?&&阿拉巴马州(美国州名)。&&不是,我是问你到底来自哪儿?&&阿拉巴马州,奥本市。&&不是,你不是真的来自阿拉巴马的。&&我是啊。&最终,我会说我的父母是印度移民,但我是美国人&&一直都是这样。
无论如何,我能想象出试图向人们解释你们的身份有多么的难受,尤其是那些不了解非洲或南非的人。我觉得大陆上的人最容易有这些误解,因为新闻媒体的报道都是片面的(每个人都在挨饿,人们穿着部落服饰走来走去,到处都是狮子,等等。)我很高兴世界杯向我们展示了非洲的不同视角。
意见与回复
Claire vd Heever says: December 9, 2011 at 12:54 pm
Thanks, Akila. Yours is clearly the more frustrating situation & being told in your own country that you can&t be from there. I find that truly baffling! I&ve definitely noticed a general increase in awareness about South Africa since the World Cup, though the stereotypes -some of which you mentioned & still prevail& Thanks for reading.
(作者回复)谢谢你,阿奇拉。你遇到的问题更加令人沮丧&&在自个儿国家还被告知自己不来自那儿。我觉得那才是真正的困惑!我其实意识到了,自从南非世界杯以后,人们对南非的认知有普遍提高,尽管还是存在着一些你提高过的刻板印象&&谢谢阅读。
DEK says: December 26, 2011 at 2:09 am
I would have loved to see Shanghai between the wars. &. . . an international city of fat money deals, bountiful brothels, and languorous opium dens.& My wife&s uncle, a poor farm boy from Virginia, went there in the early &20s with the State Department and by the end of the &30s was judge on the International Court and one of six people specifically named by the Japanese to be expelled when they took over. A young man could go far in Shanghai in those days. It was the milieu of Ralph Fiennes and Natasha Richardson in &The White Countess& and young Jim Ballard in &Empire of the Sun&.
我很想看看战争中的上海,&一个拥有充满着肥利的金钱交易、丰富的妓院和怠惰的大烟馆的国际化都市。&我妻子的叔叔是个来自弗吉尼亚州农场的贫穷男孩。他在20年代初跟国务院一起去了上海,30年代末在国际法庭上被审判,之前有六个人在日本人接管上海的时候替他们卖命,他就是其中之一。那时候,年轻人会在上海迷失。就像《伯爵夫人》中的拉尔夫费因斯和娜塔莎理查德森以及《日不落帝国》中的小吉姆巴拉德那样。
意见与回复
Greg says: December 26, 2011 at 7:48 am
Hi there & I&m another South African, but based in HK (China SAR, ahem)
I get that question a lot too & which was why I learned to say &90 percent are black people& so early in my Chinese studies. And I&ve also simplified the truth a bit to keep the conversation, by explaining that my parents and grandparents will all also born in SA.
Since the Soccer Worldcup was held in SA, I&ve found that to be another common &Ah yes I know all about you South Africans& linking factor :-)
Thanks for a great post.
嗨&&我也是个南非人,现在据点在香港(咳咳,中国的特别行政区)
我也被问到那多次那个问题&&所以我很早学会了用中文说&90%都是黑人&。为了让对话继续下去,我还把事实稍微简化了一下。我会解释说我的父母和祖父母也生在南非。
自从南非举办了足球世界杯以后,我发现了又有一些类似&啊对~我知道你们南非人的一切&这样的常用对话了:-)
Claire vd Heever says:December 27, 2011 at 10:04 am
Hi Greg, thanks for getting in touch. It&s always good to hear that there are more South Africans than I thought floating around China. I would have thought Hong Kong-ers would be a bit more open minded about nationality, race and identity & but I didn&t have any of those nationality conversations while I was there myself. It must be a bit of a challenge keeping up with your Mandarin studies while surrounded by all that Cantonese!
(作者回复)嗨格雷格,谢谢你的联系。每次听到有中国还漂着更多的南非同胞就很开心。我本来还觉得香港人对于国籍、种族和身份的思维会更加开放一些呢&&但我在那里的时候没有碰到这些国籍问题。坚持在广东话的环境里学习普通话一定是对你的一个挑战吧!
Greg says: December 27, 2011 at 11:14 am
In HK people are certainly more clear on the difference between nationality & race! And although I don&t get to practise my Mandarin listening skills much in HK, I can still practise the speaking with most (patient) people :-)
在香港,人们肯定是在国籍和种族问题上更加明白一点!虽然我在香港没有机会练习我的普通话听力,但我还是能和很多(耐心)人士交流我的口语:-)
意见与回复

我要回帖

更多关于 ppi是什么意思 的文章

随机推荐