求一篇初中英语作文文家庭暴力

求一篇关于家庭暴力的英文段落_百度知道
求一篇关于家庭暴力的英文段落
急求!!!论文中学需要关于家庭暴力的相关英文篇章,必须是英文,然后在翻译成中文,中英文加起来一共2000字就可以,可以是各国关于家庭暴力的概念的解释,谢谢了。
提问者采纳
一千六百多字,凑合吧The Tragedy of Domestic Violence Domestic Violence towards women is a problem that is often overlooked by Society. Violence is defined by the Riverside Webster's Dictionary (p.755) as: 1. Physical force employed so as to damage or injure. 2. As an instance of violent action. If this is the case than why is it that so many women are beaten by loved ones each year and little or nothing is done to correct this violent and hostile situation? In this paper I will attempt to answer this question along will a slue of others which place women in these war zones each day. &The battered women is pictured by most people as a small, fragile, haggard person who might once have been pretty. She has several small children, no job skills, and is economically dependent on her husband. It is frequently assumed that she is poor and from a minority group. She is accustomed to living in violence, and her fearfulness and passivity are emphasized above all. Although some battered women do fit this description, research proves it to be false stereotype.''(Walker p.18) In fact most batte red women have highly lucrative jobs such as doctors or lawyers, Corporation executives and nurses. Most are heavy set women whose assets are controlled by there husbands and cannot defend themselves physically. Battered women are found in all racial, rel igious and ethical backgrounds as well as age groups and educational levels. ''Who are battered women? If you are a women, there is a 50 percent chance it could be you!''(Walker p.19) Statistical data on battered women is difficult to find because most records are buried in medical records, domestic disturbance calls to the police or the records of social service agencies. During my research I found that characteristics in numerous c ategories for both the batterer and battered were the same. Here is a list of those categories that were the same or in a similar fashion the same for both individuals. Commonly shared characteristics between Battered and Batterer. 1. Has low self-esteem. 2. Believes all myths about battering relationships. 3. Is a traditionalist about the home, strongly believes in family unity and his or her roles in the family unit. As with the women all racial, religious, educational levels equally represent the men, cultures socioeconomic groups. &Batterers typically deny that they have a problem, although they
and they become enraged if their women should reveal t he true situation.& (Walker p.36) &Researchers Eisenberg and Micklow found 90 percent of the batterers in their study had been in the military. Twenty five percent received dishonorable discharges.& (Walker p.37) These are some alarming facts and characteristics about both the battered a nd the batterer. I was unable to collect any data on the cause for this percentage of violence by men of the military. Although it being a school of violence might have some weight on the effects of this violence on women. Some of the reasoning behind the se acts of physical and mental neglect may be societies acceptance of such violence. We as a society are always calling for more violence on television in the theater and on other individuals. We pay for these sorts of entertainment, ask the government to apply force on other nations and as the saying goes &sex and violence sell.& It is glorified in all forms of the media. Why do battered women stay with there significant others? The answer has m some stay for financial reasons others for the traditional reasons. The fact is that they stay, but when is enough? &After you live so many years, and you wak e up one day, and your body has just about had it, you say, 'My God, I just can't take another punch.' That's what happened to me. I just reached a point where I said, 'No more. Nothing is worth it.' I decided I would rather struggle and see if I couldn't make it, so I just up and left, and that's been it.& (Langley and Levy p.111) This was the victim of spouse abuse for seventeen years. In another case a women from Maryland described her experience. &Being beaten up is the most degrading, humiliating, cr ushing kind of thing that could happen to a person.& (Langley and Levy p.116) in most cases the women feel that they are the ones to blame for there battering and also apologize for being beaten. &A women's decision to stay or go to seek help or suffer in silence is often determined by the frequency of her beatings.& (Langley and Levy p.122) When women do come to the end of the line and have finally worked up enough courage to do it, to leave the one she loves so dear where does she go? Well I would like to tell you that she calls for help via the police or local athorities and receives the compassion and understanding that she so deserves and needs in this time of uncertainty and doubt. But, all too often she is meet with hostility and cynicism. &Usually, the police, attorneys, prosecutors, public defenders, and even judges feel they should not get involved in so called family problems.& (Langley and Levy p.153) One Detroit police officer is even quoted as saying, &there are no rewards for refereeing a family fight.& (Langley and Levy p.153) One of the problems is the offense can be both criminal and civil matters. There are in fact only three states that have l aws that deal directly with spouse abuse, California, Hawaii, and Texas which make it an automatic felony for a husband to beat his wife. The system however does not work in the favor of the battered but rather in the favor of the batterer. &Assault is a crime in every state. Since wife beating is a form of assault, then wife beating is a crime in every state. In practice, however, wife beating is not treated as a crime but as a civil matter. Prosecutors deliberately look the other way even when a man adm its to wife beating.& (Langley and Levy p.154) When the judicial system fails to help the abused, the abused must turn elsewhere. Places such as crisis centers, church, or shelters. But in many places there are no such places or organizations to help the abused, then the abused must depend on communi ty help as well as family and friends to help. Mostly with support groups and just by giving the abused the compassion and support once sot by the abused in the judicial system. One example of this disappointment in the system was found in the Detroit Free Press, in an article headlined & Emergency Number Still Has Kinks,& reported: & near-breathless women, beaten by her husband, dialed 911 to ask for police assistance. 'Does he have a weapon?' the operator asked. & She answered he did not. &Then I am sorry. We won't be able to help you,' the operator said to the dismayed women.& (Langley and Levy p.160) This lack of confidence in the judicial system in return sends women a message of desperation, fear and frustration. Many women in turn take the law into there own hands, in a study done by the U.S Department of Justice between 1987 and 1991. &Approximate ly one in four attacks involved the use of a gun or knife, according to the study. Young, black and Hispanic women were especially vulnerable, as were poor single women with low education levels who lived in inner cities. The findings were drawn from more than 400,000 interviews.& The Acting Bureau Director Lawrence A. Greenfeld stated that &the number of women attacked by spouses, former spouses, boyfriends, parents or children is more than 10 times higher than the number of males attacked by such people .& It is clear to me that all of us living in this great nation need to join hands in the fight against Domestic Violence in the home, not just against women but children and men as well. But for the purpose of this paper I would like to focus mainly on the women of the American household. We as a society should take action and compose social as well as political laws to rectify this situation. There are no set standards, in fact police officers are told to not arrest in cases of domestic violence calls. The reasoning is once again the civil matter of domestic violence being a &family problem&. In concluding this simply alarming and terrifyingly eye opening subject matter I would like to suggest five areas in which we as a society and human beings could help in altering the violence. Not just on women but on women, children and minorities as w ell. 1. The expression of violence is most commonly seen in the context of relationships 2. Current policies to address personal violence are outdated and superficial. 3. Violence does not effect everyone equally-it is ingrained in cultural expressions of power and inequality. 4. Prevention of violence entails on the positive in the context of the relationships, not just focusing on individual weaknesses or deviance. 5. Youth are important resources and are part of the solution. I strongly believe in these five seemingly simply and yet necessary areas. Not as a way of solving the domestic problems of society today but as a way of depleting the number of cases of domestic violence each year until a suitable set of guidelines or st andards can be developed. Works Cited U.S Department of Justice Office of Justice Programs Bureau of Justice Statistics Box 6000 Rockville, Maryland 20850 David A. Wolfe Christine Wekerle Katreena Scott Alternatives to Violence Empowering Youth to Develop Healthy Relationships Sage Publications 2455 Teller Road Thousand Oaks, California 91320 Evan Stark, Ph.D., M.S.W. Anne Flitcraft, M.D. Women At Risk Domestic Violence and Women's Health Sage Publications 2455 Teller Road Thousand Oaks, California 91320 Roger Langley Richard C. Levy Wife Beating: The Silent Crisis A Sunrise Book E.P. Dutton 201 Park Avenue South New York, N.Y. 10003 Lenore E. Walker The Battered Women Harper & Row, Publishers New York, Hagerstown, San Francisco, London
提问者评价
其他类似问题
家庭暴力的相关知识
您可能关注的推广回答者:
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁求一篇关于“我的职高生活”的英语作文,用于口语,两分钟就够了!
求一篇关于“我的职高生活”的英语作文,用于口语,两分钟就够了!
不区分大小写匿名
I have studyed in XXX(职高校名) vocational school with the major XXX(专业). I have been here for XXX years. Every day I would like to get up early and have my morning reading on the playground. Then breakfast, and attend class in the teaching building. After a whole day's study and dinner, I will have a walk along the avenue with the best friends, chating and arguing that interests us. At night I always have some study to solidify the classes before going to bed. That's all my daily life, simple but I enjoy.基本框架大致如此,其它的内容就需要你自己去加工了。
相关知识等待您来回答
学习帮助领域专家
当前分类官方群专业解答学科习题,随时随地的答疑辅导家庭软暴力
Soft Family Violence
With the development of city civilization,
family violence seems already went out of our sight. While we are celebrating
that kids are not getting hurt in family violence, there is damage way appears.
This kind of way will not hurt child physically, but spiritual. We call that
soft violence, which means hurting people with words.
随着城市文明的发展,我们似乎已经看不到家庭暴力的迹象了。然而就在我们庆祝孩子不会被家庭暴力伤害的时候,另一种伤害方式出现了。这种方式不会给孩子造成身体上的伤害,而是心灵上的。我们叫这种作软暴力,就是用语言伤害人们。
can see that most parents still not understand what does soft violence means,
they usually think that beating kids is violence, but soft violence, they have
no idea. For instance, most parents would say the word to kids like “You have
to study hard, or you will not find a good job. And if you don’t have a good
job, how could you suppose to wait on and support us when we are getting old?”
does it sound familiar to you? The words like that
will cause serious psychological burden to young little kids, and they would
study every hard and ignore their health, while they are in the high stress to
worry about they will not find a good job, and have no ability to support their
old parents, that would become a black sheep.
我能看到大部分父母都不知道软暴力是什么意思,他们通常认为打孩子才是暴利,但是软暴力,还真不知道是什么。例如,许多父母会对孩子说这样的话
“你要努力学习,不然你就会找不到好工作。如果你找不到好工作,那在我们老的时候就养不了我们了。”这对你来说耳熟么?这种话会对小孩子造成严重的心理负担,他们会无视健康而搏命学习,同时还要处在担忧以后找不到好工作,没办法赡养父母的高压下,这会让他们变成不孝子女。
addition, “you classmate is better than you in math or English, why would you
do an excellent job just like them?” this kind of word will hurt kid’s esteem
deeply. They might think that they are never good enough for their parents, and
it will probably lead to depressive disorder.
还有,“你的同学在数学和英语都好过你,你怎么就不能像他们那样出色呢?”这种话会深深地伤害孩子的自尊。他们会认为他们对父母来说永远都不够好,这很可能会引发抑郁症。
Therefore, when parents teach children, they should not only use
physical violence but also not soft violence, because the damage of both violence
&因此,当父母在教育孩子的时候,他们不仅不能用物理暴力,也不能用软暴力,因为这两种方式造成的伤害是相等的。
邮&箱:邮箱格式:
密&码:密码范围在6~16位之间
确认密码:两次输入密码需一致
免费订阅英语作文
Copyright &
英语作文网 版权所有相关考试:
您现在的位置: >
大学英语作文: Soft Family Violence(家庭软暴力)
来源:/ &投稿:广东作文信息网& 时间:&点击:
With the development of city civilization, family violence seems already went out of our sight. While we are celebrating that kids are not getting hurt in family violence, there is damage way appears. This kind of way will not hurt child physically, but spiritual. We call that soft violence, which means hurting people with words.
I can see that most parents still not understand what does soft violence means, they usually think that beating kids is violence, but soft violence, they have no idea. For instance, most parents would say the word to kids like &You have to study hard, or you will not find a good job. And if you don&t have a good job, how could you suppose to wait on and support us when we are getting old?& does it sound familiar to you? The words like that will cause serious psychological burden to young little kids, and they would study every hard and ignore their health, while they are in the high stress to worry about they will not find a good job, and have no ability to support their old parents, that would become a black sheep.
In addition, &you classmate is better than you in math or English, why would you do an excellent job just like them?& this kind of word will hurt kid&s esteem deeply. They might think that they are never good enough for their parents, and it will probably lead to depressive disorder.
Therefore, when parents teach children, they should not only use physical violence but also not soft violence, because the damage of both violence is equal.
原文翻译:
随着城市文明的发展,我们似乎已经看不到家庭暴力的迹象了。然而就在我们庆祝孩子不会被家庭暴力伤害的时候,另一种伤害方式出现了。这种方式不会给孩子造成身体上的伤害,而是心灵上的。我们叫这种作软暴力,就是用语言伤害人们。
我能看到大部分父母都不知道软暴力是什么意思,他们通常认为打孩子才是暴利,但是软暴力,还真不知道是什么。例如,许多父母会对孩子说这样的话 &你要努力学习,不然你就会找不到好工作。如果你找不到好工作,那在我们老的时候就养不了我们了。&这对你来说耳熟么?这种话会对小孩子造成严重的心理负担,他们会无视健康而搏命学习,同时还要处在担忧以后找不到好工作,没办法赡养父母的高压下,这会让他们变成不孝子女。
还有,&你的同学在数学和英语都好过你,你怎么就不能像他们那样出色呢?&这种话会深深地伤害孩子的自尊。他们会认为他们对父母来说永远都不够好,这很可能会引发抑郁症。
因此,当父母在教育孩子的时候,他们不仅不能用物理暴力,也不能用软暴力,因为这两种方式造成的伤害是相等的。
( 责任编辑:邓老师)
上一篇:没有了
更多相关文章
广东作文信息网版权相关声明:
① 在本网转载其他媒体稿件是为传播更多的信息,此类稿件不代表本网观点。如果本网转载的稿件涉及您的版权、名益权等问题,请尽快与本网联系,本网将依照国家相关法律法规尽快妥善处理。联系方式:
把#换成@ ;联系电话:020-
② 本网欢迎各类媒体、出版社、影视公司等机构与本网进行长期的内容合作。联系方式:
③ 本网原创新闻信息均有明确、明显的标识,本网严正抗议所有以"广东招生信息网"稿源的名义转载发布非广东招生信息网原创的新闻信息的行为,并保留追究其法律责任的权利。
④ 在本网BBS上发表言论者,文责自负。

我要回帖

更多关于 初中英语作文 的文章

随机推荐